• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Elite got served

S

St Helens RLFC

Yep, it broke last night. The RROD. I am very disappointed at that happening but at least I got it exchanged and have a brand new sparkling Elite (and a black controller, that had broken as well) so I can basically start over again.

But what bugs me is this... WHY has this problem continued to rumble on? Why has it not been stopped with the development of the Elite? They knew that the console suffered from problems, surely a new model should have wiped it out.

It lasted 10 months and I do use it a lot I guess, but that's poor. Thank heavens for GAME, who exchanged it on the spot without a receipt.

Poor show, Microsoft.

The RROD is a strange beast. I know people that still have launch consoles still going fine. Supposedly the newer falcon and upcoming jasper motherboards will fix the problem maybe. at least microsoft had the balls to admit they stuffed up and extended the warranty to 3 years.

What is the PS3 equivalent of the RROD? I better start schooling up on this in case my PS3 decides to go on strike.

What is the PS3 equivalent of the RROD? I better start schooling up on this in case my PS3 decides to go on strike.[/b]
There were a few reports about RROD-style PS3 failures a few months back, but ive not heard much since, so that may have been down to a faulty batch at production.

Other than that, the only other comparable problem I can think of at this particular moment is Sony's firmware having a nasty tendency to brick PS3's (I know the first trophy patch caused widespread panic and apparently the new one that fixes up a security hole has been causing similar problems on certain consoles).

My X360 is still running smoothly, but I do keep a fan on the back to keep it cool as it does distribute ridiculous amounts of heat, maybe thats the reason your X360 got served, my friend had the same problem, after about a year and a half of constant use the compenents melted inside the console, so he used this trick he picked up online:

Wrap your console in an old towel, then turn the console on for about an hour roughly....then all the melted bits and bobs should of melted back in, well technically.

Latest posts