My Football Club for Rugby

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by USA_Rugby, Dec 20, 2008.

1. USA_Rugby

USA_Rugby Guest

Ok, in case you guys haven't heard, there's a thing on the internet called My Football Club, where a bunch of people payed £35 to be a partial owner of a football team. www.myfootballclub.co.uk

News Story:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/g/gravesend_and_northfleet/7089473.stm

Anywho, I was thinking that this would translate well for rugby. There is a thing called Our Rugby Club, but it's not really the same...

If we could all pay £35 and own a rugby team, wouldn't that be awesome.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Flux

Flux Guest

Look at the credit crisis at the moment and tell me who's about to benefit more, the clubs in the North, or the NZ Super 14 teams run by the NZRU?

I'd love to own a rugby team, but I think it's better when they're run by their unions.

4. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

The Green Bay Packers are owned by the residents of Green Bay...

5. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Dec 20 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Bullshit. Union owned franchises are a smack in the face to all except the corperate sponsoring elite.

6. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

The team who is the flagship for this, is actually my town's footy team, Ebbsfleet United. It is a very good idea IMHO.

7. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 21 2008, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Bullshit. Union owned franchises are a smack in the face to all except the corperate sponsoring elite.
    [/b][/quote]
    elaborate on that will you?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!