• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Football Club for Rugby

U

USA_Rugby

Ok, in case you guys haven't heard, there's a thing on the internet called My Football Club, where a bunch of people payed £35 to be a partial owner of a football team. www.myfootballclub.co.uk

News Story:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/g/gravesend_and_northfleet/7089473.stm

Anywho, I was thinking that this would translate well for rugby. There is a thing called Our Rugby Club, but it's not really the same...

If we could all pay £35 and own a rugby team, wouldn't that be awesome.

Look at the credit crisis at the moment and tell me who's about to benefit more, the clubs in the North, or the NZ Super 14 teams run by the NZRU?

I'd love to own a rugby team, but I think it's better when they're run by their unions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Dec 20 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd love to own a rugby team, but I think it's better when they're run by their unions.[/b]

Bullshit. Union owned franchises are a smack in the face to all except the corperate sponsoring elite.

The team who is the flagship for this, is actually my town's footy team, Ebbsfleet United. It is a very good idea IMHO.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 21 2008, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Dec 20 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd love to own a rugby team, but I think it's better when they're run by their unions.[/b]

Bullshit. Union owned franchises are a smack in the face to all except the corperate sponsoring elite.
[/b][/quote]
elaborate on that will you?

Latest posts