• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Franchise just got ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CeeJay

I just finished the season, and heaps of guys retired, this left me short of players, but it wont let me sign any new ones.

My aailable salary this year is $81,847

My available salary next year is $678,400

If i make an offer to guy thats already on my team its fine, but if i make an offer to anyone else it says that it will exceed my salary cap, this is the very first day of the season and im screwed, and im gutted because my franchise is ruined and i had nothing to do with it.

Just another finger in the direction of very poor product testing.

i JUST DONT GET IT, the game even advised me to go and sign some unsigned players, BUT i can only use this years salary, which is never more than 81,847 (in this particular year) and thats not enough to sign anyone. What i dont get, is ive got about 5 million in profits sitting there doing nothing, and i cant use it, even when im within the salary cap. It said that my sponsorship deal would b paid monthly, but i cant eve use that.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 6 2006, 05:03 AM
i JUST DONT GET IT, the game even advised me to go and sign some unsigned players, BUT i can only use this years salary, which is never more than 81,847 (in this particular year) and thats not enough to sign anyone. What i dont get, is ive got about 5 million in profits sitting there doing nothing, and i cant use it, even when im within the salary cap. It said that my sponsorship deal would b paid monthly, but i cant eve use that.
You'll have to go down to the bottom of 'unsigned players' and try to find some shitty made-up players who will play for 40,000. If they won't sign for a year, sign them for 3 and then buy out their contract next year as you have plenty money to do this.

The guy with the lowest asking price is 93,000 so im screwed.

How many players do you have in your current squad?

17, but i hav found a way around (sort of) what ive done is: I bought all my big name players out of there contacts and signed a whole bunch of nobodys from other teams for next year. I then had to simulate the entire year and reload in the event of injuries or suspensions, as it resulted in being sacked otherwise. After this, my big players ae gone, but i hav plenty of chumps (21 in the squad now) so my franchise isnt completely ruined, just F**ked up, and a whole year wasted. The reason i simmed the year was because it was too frustrating playing a game and then getting an injury in the last 2 mins(if it wasnt obvious why i had to sim the season)

So im back in business with some serious rebuilding to do.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 8 2006, 10:00 AM
17, but i hav found a way around (sort of) what ive done is: I bought all my big name players out of there contacts and signed a whole bunch of nobodys from other teams for next year. I then had to simulate the entire year and reload in the event of injuries or suspensions, as it resulted in being sacked otherwise. After this, my big players ae gone, but i hav plenty of chumps (21 in the squad now) so my franchise isnt completely ruined, just F**ked up, and a whole year wasted. The reason i simmed the year was because it was too frustrating playing a game and then getting an injury in the last 2 mins(if it wasnt obvious why i had to sim the season)

I think its bordering on false advertising and the box should be ammended to read
" Wankchise mode "
<

yeah I agree, Im still huffing and puffing over this. Ive got to say though, that despite all my complaining, ive racked up 62 hours and 44 mins of playing time!! I must be a sucker for punishment!
<

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 7 2006, 10:00 PM

I'm gonna be in a similar situation to you next year. 10 of my players contractrs were ending so I resigned them not knowing that their wages had gone up. Now I only have 40,000 left under the cap
<
Why can I not get their wives to work at JJB and then I'd pay the players nothing?

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jan 9 2006, 02:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jan 9 2006, 02:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Jan 7 2006, 10:00 PM

I'm gonna be in a similar situation to you next year. 10 of my players contractrs were ending so I resigned them not knowing that their wages had gone up. Now I only have 40,000 left under the cap
<
Why can I not get their wives to work at JJB and then I'd pay the players nothing? [/b]
ROFLMAO ! If only it were that simple ... What ? .. It is that simple ? ......
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 6 2006, 03:41 AM
Your ridiculous mate, I admit that Rugby League 2 has some flaws but how is players retiring and having to buy rookies a sign of poor product testing. Would you rather a franchise of no rookies coming through the ranks and no players retiring?

If that happened, I'm almost certain that you'd say that franchise mode doesn't have enough depth.

I honestly can't believe that panyone would call that a bug! That's really sad mate!
<

That's not what he was talking about...

...However, just an observation, wherever theres something bad to say about RL2, you'll always find knowsley chilling out somewhere nearby
<

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 5 2006, 04:32 PM
I just finished the season, and heaps of guys retired, this left me short of players, but it wont let me sign any new ones.

My aailable salary this year is $81,847

My available salary next year is $678,400

If i make an offer to guy thats already on my team its fine, but if i make an offer to anyone else it says that it will exceed my salary cap, this is the very first day of the season and im screwed, and im gutted because my franchise is ruined and i had nothing to do with it.
I won the final in my first year!! yehaaaaa!
<

the key is d (excuse the lame rhyme).

won final 19-0

I have got rid of the shite and brought in Marshall and Ty Williams!! Team is looking solid now!!

Only I am a little bored with it and need a break if I am ever to enjoy it again....has some annoying aspects as pointed out...but I did get etter and better at getting more out of it....with one or two long rangers... (friggin hard to do eh!!)

Anyway, I guess that is neither helpful nor relevant.....but, there ya have it.

<

Originally posted by corbally+Jan 25 2006, 11:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (corbally @ Jan 25 2006, 11:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Jan 6 2006, 03:41 AM
Your ridiculous mate, I admit that Rugby League 2 has some flaws but how is players retiring and having to buy rookies a sign of poor product testing. Would you rather a franchise of no rookies coming through the ranks and no players retiring?

If that happened, I'm almost certain that you'd say that franchise mode doesn't have enough depth.

I honestly can't believe that panyone would call that a bug! That's really sad mate!
<
[/b]
Really glad you signed up just to have a rant at me. You didnt even manage to grasp what I was actually on about.

Next ...

@ Kaftka. Me sir ? No sir !
<

I've just downloaded the "no salery cap" patch
<
, so my team is gonna basically be the kangaroos within a couple seasons
<
. I don't feel like I'm cheating though, I mean FFS the roosters always get accused of rorting the salery cap, so F#CK IT! I'M DOIN IT!
<

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 26 2006, 01:32 AM
<
<
. I don't feel like I'm cheating though, I mean FFS the roosters always get accused of rorting the salery cap, so F#CK IT! I'M DOIN IT! 
<
go for it!!!

<

although, in fairness, if you want a winning team, you may as well spend 2 seasons turning them into the Kiwis instead.

<

<
<
<

just jokes....

<
<

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 26 2006, 12:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 26 2006, 12:46 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jan 26 2006, 01:32 AM
<
<
<
go for it!!!

<

although, in fairness, if you want a winning team, you may as well spend 2 seasons turning them into the Kiwis instead. [/b]
<
Touche.

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 26 2006, 01:32 AM
<
<
<
good work SANZAR

makes ur experience all the more simulated/authentic
<
..........being a Rooster and all

to knowsley the whole game is bugged so if you spend to much in your franchise it is of course the games fault or false advertsing. there is a salary cap so even if you have 5 million you cannot use all of it. having the same salaray cap as they do in real life sounds realistic not a bug to me.

the whole salary thing is a bit werid but I think this is how it works

the avaiable this year can only be used to sign unsigned players

they next year salary is used for current players in your squad on exsisting contracts or ones that are expiring that year

after the anti-tampering deadline passes it gets a bit messy and I think you can use next years salary to buy players.

I would hardly call it a bug though just realistic. poor product testing I don't think so just realistic and not arcade. perhaps some people shouldn't play franchise if it is too realistic for their liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts