• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My REVIEW of Rugby 2005

Champion Locksley!!!! great review, I was already going to buy it on release date but now I'm going to take a day off to do it and play my brother!!

Great review Locks thanks very much (you should be a professional game's reviewer!!)

Just a few questions;

1. Did you try using the analogue stick to extend the kicks in classic 2 mode?

2. Can you try hard mode against the AI and tell me how it plays??? Maybe try the cheat on hard mode and see if it still works!!

3. If you don't cheat on normal difficulity is it still possible to score trys?

Thanks very much

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 8 2005, 09:18 PM
Great review Locks thanks very much (you should be a professional game's reviewer!!)

Just a few questions;

2. Can you try hard mode against the AI and tell me how it plays??? Maybe try the cheat on hard mode and see if it still works!!

Thanks very much

lol! Yes, of course I did!!!!

Will do, when I get the chance!

Yes... but they are INCREDIBLY hard to come by!

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 8 2005, 09:34 PM
****! While you're here, PI's, in or out?
Sorry if I seem a bit simple, but what's a PI?
<

pacific island team......its like the british lions but with the three nations...fiji, tonga and samoa.

Fantastic review bud dam I knew it was going to be good the minute I saw the first Clip it was oviously a huge improvement!!! That was all I was hoping for so as not to get to disappointed this time round.

BRING ON RUGBY 2005 I can`t wait!!!
P.S I love side view it reminds me of my old friend JLR R.I.P the legend!

Thanks locks, excellent review at least my number one concern, RUCKS, seem like they have a little more skill involved then first impression.
Cheers and Salu

Very professional IGN style review.
Thanks for being so precise, i think this will stop some of the *****ing that as been going on lately on this forum. I remember your review of rugby 2004 was very accurate so this leaves no doubt in my that rugby 2005 will be the good surprise for 2005.

Now the most difficult part will be the waiting. I've been checking release dates almost every day for europe and the french version is still slated to be released on March 10th which means 30 days.

I can't wait.............

So thanks sir Locksley ( you ought to be called sir after all the work you've done on this forum)

May i ask something Sir Locksley ???

Could you give us some numbers on the team evaluation in the game.

I remember England was rated 90 in the demo and australia 88.

What's the rating for NZ / SA / France / Ireland / Wales / Scotland / Argentina / Italia

( Speaking of scotland, i don't know if there are any scotts on this forum, but i'd like to apologize to the scotts for this stepping on the line sh**t that was called against their team last saturday. I'm French but i hate to see that kind of thing happen......the try was valid , it would have been a whole different game .)

Could you also give us an authoritative list of teams in the game ??

Thanx

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 8 2005, 09:30 PM

Yes... but they are INCREDIBLY hard to come by!
locks,

Could you expand a little more on the quality of play of the AI (computer)? Besides the tough defense (wi/out cheats), does the computer offer a decent attack?

I found extremely frustrating in R2004 that the computer lacked any cohesion in attack whatsoever. I would have played it longer if there had been even a slight chance that the computer would at least test my defence.

Thanks for all of your reviews, I've already made my pre-order!!!!!!

I think the 'cheat' locksey mentions is going to kill this game for the single player gamer.

If it is nearly impossible to score tries without the cheat and far too easy with the cheat, it doesn't make for much of a fun game in my opinion!!

I don't want to use the cheat so my only hope is to use the creator function to reduce the stats of the opposition team to make it easier to score. I shouldn't really have to do this though!!

WHAT i DONT UNDERSTAND IS WHY HB DIDN'T PICK UP ON THIS IN TESTING!!!!

why should we have to use a bl**dy cheat to score tries???? This is really getting on my wick !!!

any comments would be very welcome!

Fantastic review Locks, really indepth stuff! I now can't wait for this game, despite the lack of European domestic licenses. This one will certainly keep me going for a lot longer than 2004 by the sound of it.

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 9 2005, 03:19 AM
why should we have to use a bl**dy cheat to score tries???? This is really getting on my wick !!!

any comments would be very welcome!
jimmy, I would venture a guess that the need for cheats to score tries is based on Lock's (or anyone else's for that matter) short time playing the game. I take it as a positive sign that the single player game will be more interesting, one where strategy is at least as important as mastering the game play nuances, (one can dream, right?).

Since I live in South America where it is difficult to find an able live opponent, I'm kind of banking on this being the case, otherwise it will be another great 2 weeks of playing and 12 months of waiting for R2006 (as was the case with me for R2004).

Nice one Lock's
Just a couple of questions.

1) What is the ten nations?

2) will Northampton saints be official along with the european teams? (shirt, stadia, sponsors etc)

3) wat wud you give this game out of ten, and what would you give it if you didnt even know what rugby union was?

Thanx

Very good review,

i have a few questions for anyone to answer.

when is the official uk release date of the game

when will there be a playable demo out

and how did u,locksey get to play the game,sorry im new to the forum

Just guessing, but I would say the 10 Nations would be the 6 Nations teams + the Tri-Nations teams and probably Argentina thrown in for an even number I reckon!

Latest posts