• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My REVIEW of Rugby 2005

Smoooooooooth
<
<

noooooice

was there a rugby game last year?......not wcr or rugby league?

.......na dont think there was.....dont worry bout it!

I wonder why EA have only decided to develop their rugby 'franchise' further now... its been 4 years since their last version - have HB any track record with rugby games before ???
<

think their sales were high for one of their rugby games...i forgot!

and the fact the rugby world cup showed why rugby brings the world together!

and EA have to make a difference

Yeah. You'd a thought with the World Cup in 2003, they would have put a really good game out but, nope, they didn't put out anything at all. Interesting.

I guess they waited until 2005 so they could include teams like the Pacific Islanders who toured in 2004. It almost makes sense.

No, I think that just because competition is heating up (WCR, SJRL) they may as well have a crack before the PS3, Xbox 2 etc.

I honestly thought that they ditched HB studios. but that could have been for the cricket game. or i could have been wrong on both accounts
<

i love "the game" but don't play it much since i pulled my playstation apart (long story short, tried to fix it myself and found out i dont' have small enough screwdrivers or hands to get in there and do it) Last time i played "the game" was at Christmas time against my mate in aussie who plays it every day. never played against anyone else cause no1 around me likes playing rugby games. he was pretty good 2.

still, i am sooo looking forward to this game, and the new cricket one (are we allowed to talk about that game???) but at the moment every waking moment is thinking about rugby 2005

EA SPORTS - ITS IN THE GAME!!!! (most of the time)

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 23 2005, 01:44 PM
I honestly thought that they ditched HB studios. but that could have been for the cricket game. or i could have been wrong on both accounts
<

i love "the game" but don't play it much since i pulled my playstation apart (long story short, tried to fix it myself and found out i dont' have small enough screwdrivers or hands to get in there and do it) Last time i played "the game" was at Christmas time against my mate in aussie who plays it every day. never played against anyone else cause no1 around me likes playing rugby games. he was pretty good 2.

still, i am sooo looking forward to this game, and the new cricket one (are we allowed to talk about that game???) but at the moment every waking moment is thinking about rugby 2005

EA SPORTS - ITS IN THE GAME!!!! (most of the time)
<whispers>

'is that BLIC 2005?' you mean?

Oh no they've found me!

Aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
<

nope the easport cricket 2005 i have seen some screen shots of it, can't remember where they were though

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 24 2005, 10:12 AM
You sure thats cricket 2005? No screens have been released yet... must be BLIC
yes i am on cricket watch too man

EA's cricket hasnt had any news yet

BLIC or Punters Cricket has had minimal exposure, and a few screenies but nothing spectacular to get excited yet............except Hawkeye and a rotating commentary system, just like real life

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 24 2005, 10:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 24 2005, 10:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Feb 24 2005, 10:12 AM

BLIC or Punters Cricket has had minimal exposure, and a few screenies but nothing spectacular to get excited yet............except Hawkeye and a rotating commentary system, just like real life [/b]
I don't want to get in trouble for crossing to cricks...but......

- BLIC or RPIC (Ricky Ponting International Cricket) 2005
- Cricket 2006 (not coming out for ages and will probably be crap)

BLIC 2005

- yes hawkeye and revolving commentators...but also....

- throwing metre at stumps - depending on when button pushed can get direct hit or even overthrows etc....
- Can play a two wicket game which involves one on ones or two on twos between players with just two players - wickets result in a subtraction of runs (your choice how much) and you choose the amount of overs for the contest.
- Can change shot and, most awesomely, the delivery ange/style/where it pitches etc RIGHT UP UNTIL RELEASE OF THE BALL.
- Can play four players at once - and any player can leave or join in (or back in) at any time....perfection.

BLIC/RPIC looks amazing.....Shane Warne's 99 makers always knew what worked and now they are going to release, it seems, the definitive cricket game...

God bless.

Oh...I better say something about Rugby 2005 or else I will get in trouble.

Um....er...um.....

Side view! Side view! Side view! Side view!!

Originally posted by Los Lover+Feb 24 2005, 05:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Feb 24 2005, 05:16 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 24 2005, 10:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay

BLIC or Punters Cricket has had minimal exposure, and a few screenies but nothing spectacular to get excited yet............except Hawkeye and a rotating commentary system, just like real life

BLIC 2005

- throwing metre at stumps - depending on when button pushed can get direct hit or even overthrows etc....
- Can play a two wicket game which involves one on ones or two on twos between players with just two players - wickets result in a subtraction of runs (your choice how much) and you choose the amount of overs for the contest.
- Can change shot and, most awesomely, the delivery ange/style/where it pitches etc RIGHT UP UNTIL RELEASE OF THE BALL.
- Can play four players at once - and any player can leave or join in (or back in) at any time....perfection.

BLIC/RPIC looks amazing.....Shane Warne's 99 makers always knew what worked and now they are going to release, it seems, the definitive cricket game...

God bless.

Um....er...um.....

Side view! Side view! Side view! Side view!! [/b]
It's Cricket 2005...

It's coming out later this year, and i heard they're using the MLB game engine.

Hey does everyone here agree that we all know Sean43's feelings on the game and have done for several days?
Do we all also agree that his view has been so repetitive in it's content, that it amounts to spam posting big time?

If so, maybe we should give him 24hrs to start being balanced, i.e. still hating the game so far, but being intelligent enough to cover some positives and NEW thoughts, before we all start sending P.M's to the mods, asking them to ban him for being an actual problem?

He has severely overstated his point to the detriment of the forum.
I'm all for constructive criticism, but he is not looking at this fairly.

Who's with me on this?

Originally posted by umosay+Feb 24 2005, 04:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Feb 24 2005, 04:36 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 24 2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 24 2005, 10:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay

BLIC 2005

God bless.

Um....er...um.....

Side view! Side view! Side view! Side view!!
It's Cricket 2005...

It's coming out later this year, and i heard they're using the MLB game engine. [/b]
Can you explain what you mean by this Umosay?

There is an EA cricket game sure....but it is hardly off the ground.

Are you highlighting that I had the wrong year for the EA game that is in pre-production?...while not making any mention of the accurate and interesting info re: BLIC 2005 which IS almost finished..

Go to the Codemasters site - check it out for yourself. there is loads of information elsewhere if you can find it.

f*** the EA cricket game.

oh ma god, oh ma god-------i was walking past my friend's little brother's room and he was plaing "the game " and he said "man this is the coolest"
<

i almost fainted
<

i could have strangled him
<

Does anyone know if the videos are of the PS2/X Box/PC version of Rugby 2005 ?

Wonder if there will be a big difference graphically between the different platforms ?

The x box ads say that it is 1-2 players, if that's right it's a bit dissapointing, most sports games have options for 4 or more players . The x box version does not seem to support on-line play, what about the pc version ?

The video looks good in parts, a bit ropey in other parts. The view seems to be a bit too far out for my liking, wish they'd incorporated an option for fully customising your view, a la Madden.

The proof will be in the pudding, but from the video it does seem to be the best rugby game out at the moment.

The videos that are posted by locksley, umosay or me, are from a PS2 version.

Yes, XBox and PC are better graphically.

No online play!!!

Latest posts