• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Rugby 08 Review: After 1 Match

<div class='quotemain'> This is all pretty encouraging to be honest!

Lads can ye just confirm that Ireland just have the two stars in BOD and ROG?

Definitely none for paul o connell ya?

If you could also tell us what the top 9 teams rating figures are (i.e. 6 nations + tri nations) that would be cool.

Oh and MUNSTER! What is their team rating and what is Leinster? Im guessing the heineken cup win has done em some good!

Also in some of the youtube vids it looks like theyve fixed the prob of really slow animations on kicks in open play that means you get tackled or knock on unless you kick ridiculously far in advance.

Can you confirm is the open play kicking a bit more fluid and faster than 06?

cheers [/b]

I've found that you can pull the trigger pretty quickly when kicking without getting nailed in a tackle and resulting in a knockon. There is a downside to the kicking game. Carter can still kick a ton upfield which is hardly realistic. The ball physics of it bouncing out of bounds has improved. It's more realistic. Also, kicking is much easier in side mode this time around. I believe that once you decide to kick whether it's upfield or for touch, the camera zooms out to show more of the field. On the other hand the same is said when the opposition kicks. Even before the kick is made, the camera zooms out. It's less a hint that a kick is coming and more of a hindrance in that it's somewhat disorientating to have the camera zoom out with no ball in the air.

So far, I haven't encountered any slow animations.

Oh and for you England lovers/haters out there, the opening video ends with Jason Robinson's 2003 World Cup try.

[/b][/quote]

Yea i really like the opening video actually, starts off with the BOD wonder try in the RWC 2003 and ends with Robbo slidin over in the final!!

The kicking has been improved and the camera zoom out makes it a very interesting game, i love when it zooms out and you get to actually see the whole side of your stadium (im playing with bristol in the world league) the memorial stadium looks nice zoomed out! The new penalty and free kick angles give you a better idea as to where you can kick the ball and make sure it scoots out of bounds as well.

I also like how it zooms in on the breakdown, and lineouts the different camera angles make it very television like!

Im really beginning to enjoy this game loads, my rating has increased i give it an 8.5/10

Its still difficult for me and ive been playing rugby 06 for awhile (i lost to ireland in the world cup semi final, using wales, 21-18) so its enjoyable and challenging.

So far in the world league i havent been blowing teams out i had a 3-0 win over glasgow the one match after i had lost to them 12-10 in the knockout cup.

Very Enjoyable!

Yes!! Finally, hope seems in sight!

Okay -- all those lucky ******** who've got the game: Is the Force's Subiaco Oval (Perth) and the Cheetah's Bloemfontein stadium included?!

Please!

I swear I'll buy the game just for this.

Oh and is Pretoria (and Bloemfontein - if it's in the game), a day or night stadium?
[/b]

All three are in the game, but only Cheetahs is a day stadium (of the three).

hey kerowack, how does the sharks team look, especially new guys like skinstad, murray, kankowski etc. ?

hey kerowack, how does the sharks team look, especially new guys like skinstad, murray, kankowski etc. ?
[/b]

Skinstad is rated a 74, but has two good kicking abilities (obviously). Kankowski is rated 76 and Murray is only a 69. When I was them, I won a few games easily, but the ratings may be a bit low.

One thing guys: If you were an expert on Elite level last time (like I was), you don't even have to bother playing on any other levels. I am up right now, 24-0 on Australia (I'm South Africa) and Habana is a beast. I feel bad using Habana after recent events, but he is unstoppable.

And if I said special moves were dumbed down, I was wrong. Habana is running all over the place...

I could not stand the camera angles in 06, but love the ones here. As one poster stated, the zoom feature is wonderful and allows you to see downfield to set up a kick or defense.

Can anyone give me any help on kicking drop goals? I cannot seem to make any.

cant beleive i have a week to wait for the game. i just wanna get onto this editor (if i can get it to go)

Hey guys thanks a lot for all info so far. Couple of questions.

Tap Penalities. Do you still get tackled as soon as you take them or do they let you run the 10 yards?

Also, is the new Wales kit in?

And is it possible to make a break with the 9 on elite?

Cheers!

Oh and what rating is Regan King? He is awsum for Scarlets and hope he is rated goodthis year

Hey guys thanks a lot for all info so far. Couple of questions.

Tap Penalities. Do you still get tackled as soon as you take them or do they let you run the 10 yards?

Also, is the new Wales kit in?

And is it possible to make a break with the 9 on elite?

Cheers!

Oh and what rating is Regan King? He is awsum for Scarlets and hope he is rated goodthis year

[/b]

1.) Pretty Much :lol:

2.) Yes minus the brains, but the world cup kit is actually really nice!

3.) No not really nothing that will penetrate a defense enough to give up a score

Ah damn! As you probably gather i am a scrum halve and it really bugs me that you cant do bugger all with a 9!

Rekon you could get the rating of Regan King of the Scarlets?

Also, any change to box kicks (higher option, grubber option?)

And are the welsh teams still:

Llanelli, Neath-Swansea, Newport Gwent, and Cardiff, or are they Scarlets, Ospreys, Dragnons, and Blues.

Any chance of these teams ratings?

Your work is much appriciated , thanks a lot!

Ah damn! As you probably gather i am a scrum halve and it really bugs me that you cant do bugger all with a 9!

Llanelli, Neath-Swansea, Newport Gwent, and Cardiff, or are they Scarlets, Ospreys, Dragnons, and Blues.

[/b]

Here's what I have found so far to some of the questions.

High Ball works well. You can either jump to recover possession or blast the receiver with a dive tackle.

Couldn't find Regan King in the game. Ratings for the following... Cardiff: 69, Llaneli: 70, Neath-Swansea: 71, Newport Gwent: 52.

Top 10 International team ratings: NZ: 94, France: 92, Aus: 90, Ireland: 90, SA: 89, Eng: 89, Arg: 80, Italy: 75, Scotland: 75, Samoa: 74.

Ireland Star Players: O'Gara and BOD. No Paul O.

Munster rating: 71; Leinster rating: 70; Bath rating: 63; The Recreation Ground is in the game

The French Internationals are licensed. All real names.

Hope this helps. Off to 7s practice then it's back home to play Rugby 08. Cheers!

[/b]

I feel that pain!!

So is world league the same, any difference at all?

Like will we still be using Chumpin and Zwiker and Gonzales instead of the team's better players?

Can you still only choose the same teams?

Like will we still be using Chumpin and Zwiker and Gonzales instead of the team's better players?

Can you still only choose the same teams? [/b]

Im kinda attached to those guys tho.. Katalau was in my team for a fair while!!

Its like the ML Pro Evo guys.. i love them!!

Can you still only choose the same teams?
[/b]

Lol yeas i always kept jim and Nwali - he was a beast.....when he didn't drop sitters, now i want to go start a new one lol..

wow some good info guys. thanks for taking time out to answer our questions about the game. looks like I will be defintely getting this when it comes out down under.

DC and others,

Which camera angles are you using? I'm still undecided which works best for me.

What are the PS2 controls like? I'm very used to the Xbox ones.

Are the adjustable? What is pass left and pass right?

Also could some please do a screen shot of the QLD REDs roster, i just wont to see if people like Abraham andOli Avei are in.

Latest posts