• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Rugby 08 Review: After 1 Match

From a Canes supporters perspective the delay between 06 and 07 is rather gutting in that its denied me the first chance to have a half decent rating. 69 for a team rating is rather harsh. Bias...probably. Haha.

Definitely gutting for Bulls fans. Dropping 5 places compared to their final table spot (and winning the comp!!) Seems like they got the cheetahs and stormers back to front too.

I am shocked that they gave the highlanders a higher rating than the canes. The canes are way beta

than the highlanders. Hurricanes got screwed as did the bulls and the sharks. they should have higher ratings than that.

For someone who has the game could they awnser this. Is radike Samo in the game and is Rupenis's name spelt right or is it buabuanibuca. hope not thanks for all the great work.

You're saying that the same team as '05 and '06, except without Rogers, Whitaker and Sailor (who was out of action for much of '06 anyway) is a rubbish team? The only real problem is settling on a 9, 10 and 12. SNK may not be international level but he can do well enough in super rugby.
[/b]

This is a team who were only without their first choice locks and Phil Waugh for the season right? Where did they end up on the ladder?

I'm sure with Vickerman and Kanaar they will return to having a strong lineout, and Waugh is good at the breakdown, but as they displayed in this years Super 14 they have a rubbish backline and their forwards simply aren't athletic enough to compete with the better packs.

They've got a couple of good outside backs in Turner and Tuqiri but they lack talent in every other position.

They have an average halves combination, no decent centres, and the worst defensive fullback in the competition who can't kick a goal under pressure.

The simple fact is that the Waratahs are unable to compete unless they raid the NRL. They're absolutely useless at developing talent and now with the Force having more money to spend they're generally unable to recruit decent players from the other provinces.

It will be quite a few years before Kurtley Beale is able to match it up with the top flyhalves, and Sam Norton-Knight seems to have lost his talent with the Tahs.

I don't know if Tahu will be able to give them anything in the centres or if he will display the sideways running technique of Lote Tuqiri when he was played there.

Awesome work guys!!!
Would it be too much trouble to post the EUC Rankings? If not could you post the top 10 club/franchises? (Crusaders, Leicester....etc.)

This is a team who were only without their first choice locks and Phil Waugh for the season right?

Along with the hole left my Rogers and the power of Sailor. Any team that loses so many key players (esp our lineout) goes through an adjustment period. To say the team is rubbish is well, rubbish.

but as they displayed in this years Super 14 they have a rubbish backline

Hardly rubbish, just inexperienced and no consistency in the positions. SNK was playing fullback and flyhalf (where he was decent). Beale saw the same even though he isn't ready to play with the big boys. The couldn't settle on a proper centre combo and putting turinui on the wing was a trainwreck waiting to happen. It's not the backline it was last year but it can still do the job. They just needed some common sense in the coaching and time to gel.

They've got a couple of good outside backs in Turner and Tuqiri but they lack talent in every other position.

Not really. They're all decent players at a super rugby level. Hewat lacks on defence but his goalkicking and scoring ability make up for it. Turinui, well he's a decent player that didn't have a regular inside to work with. Beale, well he's talented but clearly not ready for super rugby. SNK is decent at flyhalf and halangahu is a handy player. There were so many changes throughout the season you can't really expect them to perform.

hey have an average halves combination, no decent centres, and the worst defensive fullback in the competition who can't kick a goal under pressure.

Average halves sure, but not rubbish. Decent centres yes, but not given time to develop into a combination. We won't have a great centre pairing but it is enough to stick with other teams. Worst fullback? Hardly, and kicking under pressure? Everyone always remembers the final miss and not all the kicks slotted earlier in the match. Had he missed an earlier one and got the final one nobody would have remembered. He has a good strikerate, it's just too bad he occasionally misses at the times people will remember.

The simple fact is that the Waratahs are unable to compete unless they raid the NRL

It's a shorterm solution. I agree that they're not great at development, but none of the aussie clubs really are. Depth in Australian rugby is a problem, not just at NSW.

It will be quite a few years before Kurtley Beale is able to match it up with the top flyhalves, and Sam Norton-Knight seems to have lost his talent with the Tahs.

SNK was mostly playing fullback this year which was a disaster, but his form improved as soon as he was put at flyhalf. From what I remember his performance was ok, decent enough at super level.

Beale I agree, it was a poor decision from nsw to play him this year.

I don't know if Tahu will be able to give them anything in the centres or if he will display the sideways running technique of Lote Tuqiri when he was played there.

It will be interesting to see. Obviously I'm hoping it's a good buy.

I'm not trying to say the 'tahs are a great team, I'm just saying they're not rubbish. They did underperform this year and if you check the results they lost a lot of close games that could have gone either way. If they had gone the other way they could have finished 8th or 9th and nobody would have said anything about it. It's no secret that the 'tahs are underachievers and this year was no different. I think Ewan has lost the plot, I'm still surprised by the match up habana with turinui...

94759241wf3.jpg

With all these roster and stat problems thats why I wanna get it on PC cause I hate getting ripped off I hope you guys are wrong about the Hurricanes being rated 69 cause they were the finalist last year for both the Npc and Super14 which unfortunately they lost both.

I won't say the Highlanders are crap but rating them higher than the Hurricanes is wrong. What do we have to do to get EA to make all the right roster changes and stats I'm very disappointed but no doubt will probably still pick up my copy this Thursday even with all this complaining damn you EA.

Yee Ha!!! The Blues 82... Im gonna thrash the sharks, then the crusaders... Muahahaha

i bet i could thrash the allblacks by 50pts playing as Lithuania on elite difficulty!

thats how poor ea's ai is. if only we had sliders to tweak gameplay.

Latest posts