• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Thought....

And Boy, but we have heard from him.

Come on Jamie wannabe
<

Originally posted by Paddy@Nov 12 2005, 02:43 PM
Was there create a player?

and is there player stats in the game? like speed, accleration, tackling etc etc, if so, were their accurate?

and for career mode, do you start off with a crap team, then as you get money you can buy star players?

cheers
I think there is a create a player function, but we didn't get a chance to play with it.

Everyone has stats for things like speed, strength, agility and kicking (not sure if those are the actually categories, but it's that sort of thing). They seemed pretty accurate.

The starting career squad is made up of Swordfish developers and a few TRF guys. Winning=Money=Buying players=Winning

how does the career mode work do you play as a totally fictional team in a fictional league?
please explain...
<

You do, yes.

You start off with a team of no hopers (better known as me, Robbinho and the Swordfish team!
<
) and you need to train them (that costs money) to make them better, and win matches to get points with which to buy players.

Only saw a bit of it, but it looks superb.

Incidentally, it was great to meet Boy, who was a good laugh and good company, and thankfully knows his rugby union very well. A lot of your questions have been answered, and you should be grateful to him, because I wouldn't be able to answer about likenesses and things like that.

We're both very lucky to have had this chance though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
You do, yes.

You start off with a team of no hopers (better known as me, Robbinho and the Swordfish team! ) and you need to train them (that costs money) to make them better, and win matches to get points with which to buy players.

Only saw a bit of it, but it looks superb.[/b]

are the leagues like world league 1/2/3 or do you play in proper leagues?

Originally posted by sarries fan@Nov 12 2005, 11:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
You do, yes.

You start off with a team of no hopers (better known as me, Robbinho and the Swordfish team! ) and you need to train them (that costs money) to make them better, and win matches to get points with which to buy players.

Only saw a bit of it, but it looks superb.

are the leagues like world league 1/2/3 or do you play in proper leagues? [/b][/quote]
There are 4 divisions full of the proper clubs and your team, and you start off in the bottom one. The difference between this and Rugby 2005 is that your team is completely new, and there's the issue of money and training and all that jazz.

what were the stats for the national teams

like nz,aus,sa,fra,ire,sco and wales

Originally posted by loratadine@Nov 13 2005, 12:20 AM
what were the stats for the national teams

like nz,aus,sa,fra,ire,sco and wales
The top international teams are all quite similar, according to Ian. There's a five star rating for each team, but it's not simply whole and half stars. There are increments and parts of stars. Not sure what the official rankings are, but they'd probably be what any one who knows anything would expect (so Wales are slightly better than Fiji).

Noticed you didn't ask about England. Who da thunk it?

Originally posted by Flamingo@Nov 13 2005, 12:57 AM
what are the 6 nation teams rated like compared to the tri-nations teams?
Can people please start actually reading what I've already written? It's pointless me repeating everything because people can't be arsed to look and see if I've already answered it.

Originally posted by Boy+Nov 13 2005, 01:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boy @ Nov 13 2005, 01:03 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Flamingo
@Nov 13 2005, 12:57 AM
what are the 6 nation teams rated like compared to the tri-nations teams?
Can people please start actually reading what I've already written? It's pointless me repeating everything because people can't be arsed to look and see if I've already answered it. [/b]
oh yeh! sorry will read next time!
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Nov 13 2005, 12:40 AM
well everyone knows england would be rated the best

Why would England be rated the best team in the game. What a stupid comment!
<
They are nowhere near the best team in the world at the moment.

I guess we should lower the rating for Wales after the performances of the last 2 weeks - but I actually think Wales are a better team than those performances suggest. I think they started to believe their own hype and got found out.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Nov 13 2005, 06:26 AM
I guess we should lower the rating for Wales after the performances of the last 2 weeks - but I actually think Wales are a better team than those performances suggest. I think they started to believe their own hype and got found out.

... Hit ... Nail ... On ... Head

or maybe its due to the fact, that we had six first team players out for the nz game, and even more for the fiji game.

Originally posted by loratadine@Nov 13 2005, 06:45 AM
or maybe its due to the fact, that we had six first team players out for the nz game, and even more for the fiji game.
Plus add to the fact we got a poor club game & All the Lions players where rested which they have only had a game or two back in club level.

Originally posted by gjohn85+Nov 13 2005, 06:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Nov 13 2005, 06:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Nov 13 2005, 06:45 AM
Plus add to the fact we got a poor club game & All the Lions players where rested which they have only had a game or two back in club level. [/b]
Yep, wat they said!!

I found that in the last game there was only was 2 builds.

A forwards build and a backs build has this improved. Are the likes of Nonu and Tuquri diferent to shane williams and dominici

Latest posts