My Thoughts on Rugby Challenge 3

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
So i just got it yesterday as i'm sure many of you's have as well and thought i would share my thoughts on the game.

Did the guys at Rugby challenge 3 think there was no Scottish people buying the game or something to give us an 'England edition' cover ;). Not to fussed about it believe it or not.

Have been playing the 'be a pro' mode which i started as a fly-half for Perth Spirit (I didn't understand why the ITM Cup wasn't a based league to start your pro at), which is really fun but i wasn't happy that you have to wait to be named as the goal kicker for the team, i wish it was more like fifa with free kicks that the player with the better stats takes the free-kicks. Because since i was fly-half playing for Perth Spirit, They have Luke Morahan kicking with 67 goal kicking while my stats were 82 goal kicking and i was not taking conversions just doesn't make sense when i've seen fly-halfs in real life taking conversions in they're first ever professional match while we would have to wait 3 seasons in the NRC to be named :|. Though everything else was good but i was making about 20+ tackles a game but my stats were only 42 tackling :|.

The game-play was average. Didn't feel like it was Rugby Challenge 2 even though its looks the same. Was disappointed that some bugs from Rugby Challenge 2 was not fixed in Rugby challenge 3 even though its been delayed a few times and didn't bother to fix these bugs. It was certainly felt more challenging then Rugby challenge 2 as the ai defence was more quicker then last year. Still not happy that if you do a wrap around tackle they can still offload, Something carried over from Rugby Challenge 2 which does really annoy me that you can make a big hit and they will still be able to offload it 90% of the time. Love the new goal-kicking animations but i was disappointed that they having made it that Dan Carter does his own kicking routine (something they done in Rugby 08) though it doesn't matter to me too much but in my opinion would be more interesting to watch.

Not really used the fan hub yet or played with them, Rugby 7's was fun to play and agree that the Rugby Challenge gameplay really suits 7's.

Overall the game is very fun and a must get game if your a huge rugby fan overwise it might not be worth it. Here are some stuff i would like to see if a Rugby Challenge 4 was announced:
- Since the be a pro is working well enough (gameplay wise) would like to see how a the game would do with a game mode similar to Pro clubs on fifa work out as i think it could be really fun.
- Hopefully some more northern hemisphere teams/tournaments licensed, Felt the game was more aimed at Southern Hemisphere players (apart if your from England)
- In be a pro mode, Have what they done with Rugby league live 3 (well i dont play it and i think they have it) is a part where you can train on skills for if you wanted to be a player like Sergio Parisse who can just about do anything on the field.
- Make the tackle more effective, what i mean that if you make a wrap around tackle they shouldn't be able to offload.

My ratings 7/10. Bugs from Rugby Challenge 2 ruined it from being a really good game, But its still fun to play and i can play be a pro mode for ages.

Last edited:
3 ways to make the next RC game better.

1) Phone EA/2K.
2) Give them what they want.
3) Wait.

3 ways to make the next RC game better.

1) Phone EA/2K.
2) Give them what they want.
3) Wait.

Trouble with that is "what they want" is a market large enough to bother investing the money needed to make a good game

Latest posts