• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Website's Now Up. With Review, Screens & Movies

Top work locks, the site is good. Hope to see it continue for a long time.

On a slightly less positive note, game looks **** in honesty. Made me very glad to hear the capture rate is low, and the video quality is bad because the vids did make the game look pretty bad. Still eagerly await release.

Locksley

What was the running and sprinting like? has the game been slowed down slightly or are they still flying around as tho they are skating? is it more realistic now?

Also, has the running gameplay been improved, e.g if you have a player (Albert) with a very high speed can he turn to cath players slower thna him mayb on a 9 or 8 speed? basically is there now differences in speed between 9 and 10 as on the last 1 you had payers on 8/9 that cud catch people on 10 it didnt seem realistic at all.

Cheers

hey locksley, is there any chance you could post a larger version of the banner with all the sl players?
cheers

A well written preview locks, great stuff. I am really looking forward to this ***le.

One question though, out of the two games that u have played (Rugby Challenge 06 & RL2) which one would u say is the better game? (I didn't add rugby 2006 as u said u only played 10 mins of it)

Originally posted by gjohn85@Nov 20 2005, 08:45 AM
A well written preview locks, great stuff. I am really looking forward to  this ***le.

One question though, out of the two games that u have played (Rugby Challenge 06 & RL2) which one would u say is the better game? (I didn't add rugby 2006 as u said u only played 10 mins of it)
lol... I was wondering when this question would come out.

In all honesty, it wouldn't really be fair to say because I didn't have anywhere near as much time on RL2 as I did with RC2006. There's no doubting that RC2006 is much more accessible from the start, and the amount of control you have over the player is far greater. However, I'm a rugby league fan and RL2 is pretty much what I was hoping for, with a huge amount of options and depth for both single and multiplayer.

Maybe this will help: (Remember, this is only my opinion)

RC2006

Strengths

Solid gameplay
Excellent player control
Superb responsiveness
Brilliant Passing system
Excellent Kicking system
Lots of different game modes
Nice Graphics
Fun with a capital F
Quick to pick up and play but hard to put down

Weaknesses

Weak Commentary
Lots of Made up names
Can only have matches up to 15 minutes
It's Rugby Union
<

RUGBY LEAGUE 2

Strengths

It's Rugby League
MASSIVE improvement over RL1
Fantastic attacking play
Advanced Passing system
Superb Graphics & Likenesses
Mind Boggling array of features
Franchise mode
Sublime customisation abilities
Great commentary and sound
Kicking system is brilliant
Steep but satisfying learning curve
Online play
Fantastic Animation
You can play as St Helens at Knowsley Road

Weaknesses

Defending's a pain in the arse
Not reponsive enough in certain areas
Can't buy NRL players if you pick UK teams in Franchise mode & Vice versa
No Xbox version til next year - Boooo
The Side step animation is odd
People still wear Farah pants in this day and age!!!
<

Both are great games in their own right, and both have their strengths and weaknesses. I know that I'll be getting both games when they come out and and I'll enjoy each one equally.

It would be very interesting to see Knowsleyroaders opinion on this subject.

Originally posted by locksley@Nov 20 2005, 10:46 AM
RC2006

Strengths

Solid gameplay
Excellent player control
Superb responsiveness
Brilliant Passing system
Excellent Kicking system
Nice Graphics
Fun with a capital F

Weaknesses

Weak Commentary
Lots of Made up names
It's Rugby Union
<
I know this is a RL2 topic but I wouldn't have any probs with these weaknesses in RC06. Realistically i can't see any point in playing 'halves' (not matches I asume) that go for over 15 minutes. Also who are the commentators?

It seems i'll enjoy RC more than RL but that's my opinion. Why is RL harder to pick up and play quickly than RC. Is it the controls, etc?

locks will put up info on all rugby games (union n league) past-present and hopefully future.
it is suppose to be the Ultimate Rugby Gaming site (thats what i think it was called in the start of the year).

i read the review, very indepth
best part i like is the advance passing system, sounds really promising when mastered.

The review sounds very promising, but those vids are pretty ugly looking, the graphics and animations look exactly the same as rugby league1. I trust that it will be alot better once im actually playing it.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Nov 20 2005, 04:19 PM
The review sounds very promising, but those vids are pretty ugly looking, the graphics and animations look exactly the same as rugby league1. I trust that it will be alot better once im actually playing it.
Yep definitley. The game didn't look good.
Although there are new animations, eg the forcing of the ball with a defender, it still seems like the exact same animation/graphics engine.

But when I read Locksley's preview it seemed soo much better, as if those vids were form a completely different game. hopefully that build of the game is very early.

...and yes I do realise that fraps was running in the background, and something about the video quality was low.

Originally posted by locksley@Nov 20 2005, 10:46 AM
No Xbox version til next year - Boooo
Didn't hear about that before...

I'm glad it's even coming out on Xbox...

Originally posted by Jacko+Nov 20 2005, 10:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jacko @ Nov 20 2005, 10:52 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Nov 20 2005, 10:46 AM
RC2006

Strengths

Solid gameplay
Excellent player control
Superb responsiveness
Brilliant Passing system
Excellent Kicking system
Nice Graphics
Fun with a capital F

Weaknesses

Weak Commentary
Lots of Made up names
It's Rugby Union
<
I know this is a RL2 topic but I wouldn't have any probs with these weaknesses in RC06. Realistically i can't see any point in playing 'halves' (not matches I asume) that go for over 15 minutes. Also who are the commentators?

It seems i'll enjoy RC more than RL but that's my opinion. Why is RL harder to pick up and play quickly than RC. Is it the controls, etc? [/b]
No I think the maximum half time is only 7.5 minutes which is what I hate about rugby challenge 2006 - why oh why couldn't they have included longer match times for those of us that want a bit more realism. 15 minute match is not enough time in my opinion.

na no point for more movies, it comes out this week guys just wait til thursday
<
4 days counting today
<

My website will be updated in around 2 hours.

Update includes:

2 new movies for Rugby League 2 (Including one that will REALLY make you want to play RL2)

Preview of the new Mobile Phone game

Screenshots from the Mobile game

Footage from the mobile game.

Originally posted by locksley@Dec 5 2005, 10:43 AM
My website will be updated in around 2 hours.

Update includes:

2 new movies for Rugby League 2 (Including one that will REALLY make you want to play RL2)

Preview of the new Mobile Phone game

Screenshots from the Mobile game

Footage from the mobile game.
You Ledgend.
<

Latest posts