Not Mike Brown's Sock

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Harlequins
Ok so this is a weird one

I was at lunch in Warwick today when I noticed three gentlemen in suits next to me with folders with the Tigers and Wasps logos on them.

My interest was peaked and I continued to try to listen in on their conversation.

What I can gather is that someone has gone into administration, Wasps has bought them out and is attempting to gain planning permission to demolish and build something on that land. something (they were looking at satellite pictures of rugby pitches).

They then reminded one of the men as he left that it was all to remain hush hush.

Thoughts on what it could be?

Well it's been known for ages that Wasps have terrible training facilities. That would be the most obvious thing for them to build.

Interesting.
I know Wasps and Tigers are playing each other tomorrow.

Also know Tigers are not going into administration, although if they did then that could seriously damage Club rugby.

Now Oadby Park FC (Who share/sharded Oval park with Leicester Tigers) have gone into administration, and I know Tigers have been looking at moving training ground for a while but complications Oadby and the potential new locations (Stoneygate) happened and it was shelved.
Maybe something to do with it?
Buy the land sell it for property?

I mean Wasps new training ground is Old Leamingtonians RFC, and that is having planning permission on it I think, and not like they need a new stadium either. So not sure what they need rugby wise.

Last edited:
Ah just remembered, there was also a comment that they needed to stagger the work so that the traffic could still get through. Maybe rebuilding the Ricoh or something?

Ah just remembered, there was also a comment that they needed to stagger the work so that the traffic could still get through. Maybe rebuilding the Ricoh or something?

Almost definitely training facilities.

Also, it's "piqued", not "peaked".

Latest posts