• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nacewa starts at fifteen for Blues

B

bubu31180

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isa Nacewa will start at 15 in the Blues second pre Super14 game on Thursday against the Reds at Ballymore in Brisbane.

Nacewa is a fairly versatile backline player and can play almost anywhere in the backline. He played well at fullback in 2006 and then in 2007 he moved to flyhalf.

Playing Nacewa at fullback gives Blues fans a strong hint that the No.10 shirt will not be fought over between Nacewa and Nick Evans and that Evans will be the first choice flyhalf for the Blues in 2008.

The Blues will fly out of Auckland Airport on Wednesday January 30 at 9.30am (flight NZ135) and will return back in Auckland at 5.30pm on February 1 (flight NZ136).

The game kicks off at 9pm (NZ time).

Blues:

15 Isa Nacewa, 14 Rudi Wulf, 13 Anthony Tuitavake, 12 Isaia Toeava, 11 Joe Rokocoko, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Taniela Moa, 8 Jerome Kaino, 7 Onosai'i Tololima-auva'a, 6 Justin Collins, 5 Anthony Boric, 4 Kurtis Haiu, 3 Bronson Murray, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Tony Woodcock

Replacements: 16 Tom McCartney, 17 Nick White, 18 Chris Heard, 19 Bryn Evans, 20 Chris Smylie, 21 Lachie Munro, 22 Jamie Helleur, 23 George Pisi, 24 Chris Lowrey, 25 Chirs Smith, 26 Ben Atiga, 27 Jarek Gobel, 28 David Smith.

Super14.com

Wow, that backline is pretty awesome.

Even the guys on the bench are impressive.

I do however have concerns about the forward pack :(

Names such as McAlister and Tuitupou don't even come to mind when you look at this midfield. Sure they are big losses, but this is a mighty impressive backline indeed.

Put Smith in for Wulf and you probably have the best backline in the competition there.

Imagine if McAlister and Toeava were still at 12/13 with Evans at Fly Half though...

And the foward pack will look fine when you pencil in Flavell, Braid, Nick Williams and Afoa, with Kaino moved to 6.

Put Smith in for Wulf and you probably have the best backline in the competition there.

Imagine if McAlister and Toeava were still at 12/13 with Evans at Fly Half though...
[/b]

Yeah...Smith will really add some spice there.

Not having McAlister is a big loss.....though Toeava and Tuitavake might hold some promise. Though I still have bad images of when Mortlock ran all over Tuitavake....hopefull Toeava will drift out onto Mortlock and Tuitavake will help cover the wings.

Well the Blues just snuck home. A converted try in the last minute made it 25-19. Didn't manage the see the game but apparently is was pretty good. Defintely think the Reds will do much better this season. As long as the forwards live up to their potential then the backline can cause plenty of damage. Probably the best backline in Australia at the moment and one of the better ones in the tournament:

15 - Latham
14 - Schifofske
13 - Turinui
12 - Siale
11 - Ione
10 - Barnes
9 - Cordingly

Plus they have Genia, Johansson, Cooper and Lucas all sitting on the bench.

Ali Williams and Luke McAlister were huge losses to the Blues.

If they were still in the Blues line-up, the Blues would be ***le contenders.

But without them, they'll be one of many chasing the spots from 3-7.

I hope Atiga gets a few more games at centre. Just gotta stop him from playing fullback.

Atiga need's to go to Japan before I choose him to replace Lavea as the target of my new hate campaign.

He's a pretty good halfback.
If he could learn how to pass, he'd be an All Black for sure :p

hey boys,

I flew up to watch the game...was pretty good and ws played hard...Reds looked the better team and should of won, however the blues did make a lot of changes....

I dont agree with Smith being better than Wulf...Yes smith is electric, but suss under the high ball and in defence, Wulf will be solid in the backline amongst all the flair...

I like the reds backline too, Vaalu and a great game and should be starting on the wing...

I dont agree with Smith being better than Wulf...Yes smith is electric, but suss under the high ball and in defence, Wulf will be solid in the backline amongst all the flair...

[/b]

I agree Smith has great pace but not the all round game of wulf

Rudi Wulf is a bit more reliable than smith, smith is a bit hot cold in my opinion..

Latest posts