7) San Warburton - Cardiff
6) Stephen Ferris - Ulster
5) Richie Gray - Glasgow
4) Leo Cullen - Leinster
3) Adam Jones - Ospreys
2) Richardt Strauss - Leinster
1) Gethin Jenkins - Cardiff

Sorted.

Tbf, that's a cracking team! Think the only difference I would have is Bowe at 14 instead of Howlett, maybe O'Connell instead of Cullen.

About the size of it. Would deffo have POC ahead of Cullen. Be very tempted to have Hines ahead of Gray, Gray's a tremendous athlete but Hines brings the grunt. Jon Davies ahead of Jamie Roberts maybe. Bowe should be in there somewhere... maybe Rees ahead of Strauss.

And Craig Gilroy ahead of Williams, naturally.

I've never understood peoples love for POC - He's a good player, but Leo is better
Even during the Lions tour I thought he was a poor choice for captain: He's a good leader, but wasn't the best lock on the Tour, yet was guaranteed his starting spot

1. Jenkins
2. Strauss
3. Jones
4. O'Connell
5. Gray
6. Ferris
7. Warburton
8. Heaslip
9. Pienaar
10. Sexton
11. Williams
12. Roberts
13. O'Driscoll
14. Bowe
15. Nacewa

6 and a half Irish (if you count Strauss) 5 Welsh 1 and a half South Africans 1 Scot and 1 Fijian. Think most would have a pretty similar team give or take a few.

I've never understood peoples love for POC - He's a good player, but Leo is better
Even during the Lions tour I thought he was a poor choice for captain: He's a good leader, but wasn't the best lock on the Tour, yet was guaranteed his starting spot

This! Leo should have been guaranteed the Irish No. 4 spot for the last two years at least. And Mick O'Driscoll has been preferred to him on occasion. Scandalous.

Paul O'Connell is a better lineout operator than Cullen, is more mobile and is a better defender. Cullen is a better captain and also better doing the grunt work. I'd pick O'Connell ahead of Cullen 90 times out of 100.

15- Isa Nacewa
14- Doug Howlett
13- Brian O'Driscoll
12- Jonathan Davies
11- Shane Williams
10- Jonathan Sexton
9- Ruan Pienaar
1- Iestyn Thomas
2- Richardt Strauss
3- Adam Jones
4- Richie Gray
5- Nathan Hines
6- Sean O'Brien
7- Sam Warburton
8- Alessandro Zanni(Probably Heaslip but I guess the Italian sides should be represented)
Probably a little biased:p

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Matthew Rees
3. Adam Jones
4. Bradley Davies
5. Richie Gray
6. Sean O'Brien
7. Sam Warburton
8. Xavier Rush

9. Ruan Pienaar
10. Johnathan Sexton
11. Shane Williams
12. Jonathan Davies
13. Brian O'Driscoll
14. Tim Visser
15. Isa Nacewa

Blues- 3, Scarlets- 2, Ospreys- 2, Glasgow- 1, Leinster- 4, Ulster- 1, Edinburgh- 1

Paul O'Connell is a better lineout operator than Cullen, is more mobile and is a better defender. Cullen is a better captain and also better doing the grunt work. I'd pick O'Connell ahead of Cullen 90 times out of 100.
Cant dissagree with you here. The thing is they are two different players. O'Connell (when on form) is quite a rare animal. Hes like a cross between Matfield and Bakkies. Great in the air, great hands but good at getting stuck in.

Cullen is openly regarded as one of the most difficult second row forward to play against because of what he does to the opposition ball. Hes a destructive player, less mobile but extremely effective at what he does.

I respect what Cullen brings to Leinster, I'd love to see him played along side O'Connell.

People see the impact he makes when hes on the pitch. Against France at the weekend was a typical example. His work rate is massive and Mike McGurn called him the best athlete hes ever worked with in any sport. Not bad in the lineout either.

Its bizarre to see people saying Leo Cullen is better than POC.

On the Lions tour he has the respect of the players and I seem to remember him getting a lot of praise from the players.

Cullen's a crafty one, great in the air and has no end of heart, but he's simply not the athlete O'Connell is. He doesn't get around the park quick enough at the highest level, nor does he hit hard enough. Ireland would be making a mistake if they were to drop O'Callaghan, who is a very underrated player, for Cullen. O'Callaghan's far better at the grunt work of securing ball and does a fine job slowing it down as well.

But O'Callaghan vs Cullen is certainly a closer battle. POC is a very fine player indeed and clearly better than both for my money.

Latest posts