• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nathan Jawai

F

fcukernaut

Nathan Jawai was recently selected by my Toronto Raptors and I was wondering what exactly he brings? I know he'll be our 4th big man and barely ever get off the bench, but none the less any Aussie basketball fans out there can you help out and offer it up?

Nathan Jawai was recently selected by my Toronto Raptors and I was wondering what exactly he brings? I know he'll be our 4th big man and barely ever get off the bench, but none the less any Aussie basketball fans out there can you help out and offer it up? [/b]

I've watched a bit of the Aussie NBL this year and Jawai has been pretty impressive, though I think he'll be a bit raw for the NBA at this stage. He tended to dominate inside with his size (he's about 6'10 280lbs with very long arms) - he will struggle to dominate like this at NBA level unless he develops a few post moves. He's actually quite quick on his feet for a big guy so has the potential to be a force on the offense end. On defense he is ok in the NBL but I think will struggle in the NBA - losing a few pounds of fat would certainly help him as he seems to tire quite easily at this stage. I think he's got good potential to be a solid NBA player, but it may take a few years for him to get to this level (I understand he's only been playing competitive basketball for a couple of years, so he still has a lot to learn...)

Latest posts