• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

National Anthems

A

alexrugby

National anthems and flags are the main attributes of every nation, country and republic

These two serve great deal of motivation for players and put them on high vawes

Let me introduce you national anthem of my country i English translation

My icon is my motherland,
And icon-stand is whole world.
Bright mounts and valleys
Are shared with God

Today our freedom
Sings to the glory of future,
The dawn star rises up
And shines out between two seas.

Praise be to the liberty,
Liberty be praised!

And also the flag of Georgia in rugby fans hands

340x.jpg

What about you and your countries?!

Join up :cheers:

If only the NZ anthem was so inspiring.

Yes it stirs the hearts of every kiwi seeing the All Blacks lined up and hearing the anthem/s but the words are not exactly inspiring so it's no wonder most don't sing it (apart from the fact most of them know the words to the Samoan or Tongan anthems better ;)

Maybe if they only did the Maori version it would be better :) (and no i'm not maori in any way)

The main is to enter players' hearts :cheers: which is not deficient with AllBlacks ;)

Also thanks for your words about thet of mine :)

Anyway the anthem is anthem, our past anthem was too heavy and almost nobody knew its words but it laso was hearttouching :D

To be honest I get more emotional when I hear South Africa's anthem than New Zealand's. I don't know why because I'm not South African and I think I don't have any ties with South Africa at all but because I've heard 'God of nations' so many times it's just boring to me.

I know it sounds a bit f%$@! up but yeah I like hearing other countries anthems more than my own.

Yeah I agree, you can see how much that anthem means to the country, ours is a left over relic of when we were just a colony of the UK.
The Black shirt is FAR more inspiring!

Ours is the Brabaconne.
But as my country has three languages groupes we also have 3 anthems for each languages groupes.

As I'm Flemish, our is called the Vlaamse Leeuw ( Flemish Lion) reffering to a battle in 1302 where we beated the **** out of the French, most of us forget that later those Frenchies had a serious payback.

The stories also mentions a knight in a golden harnas who led the Flemish people to victory.

Nowadays the Flemish Lion is used during meeting of the more right wing orientated political parties who are proud of their roots but for offical sportgames we sing the Brabaconne.

As I had been teached it in primary school and owning to travelling aroun dthe world I don't know the txt by heart any longer, this is just a copy, past action.

O dierbaar België, o heilig land der vaad'ren,
Onze ziel en ons hart zijn U gewijd,
Aanvaard ons kracht en het bloed van ons aad'ren,Wees ons doel in arbeid en in strijd,
Bloei, o land, in eendracht niet te breken,
Wees immer u zelf, en ongeknecht,
Het woord getrouw dat g' onbevreesd moogt spreken.
Voor Vorst, voor Vrijheid en voor Recht.
Voor Vorst, voor Vrijheid en voor Recht,

lol i just realised i'm a trinations tragic because i can sing all 3 anthems in their respective languages, and that's just from constantly hearing them over the years. :wacko:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Sep 10 2008, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ours is the Brabaconne.
But as my country has three languages groupes we also have 3 anthems for each languages groupes.

As I'm Flemish, our is called the Vlaamse Leeuw ( Flemish Lion) reffering to a battle in 1302 where we beated the **** out of the French, most of us forget that later those Frenchies had a serious payback.

The stories also mentions a knight in a golden harnas who led the Flemish people to victory.

Nowadays the Flemish Lion is used during meeting of the more right wing orientated political parties who are proud of their roots but for offical sportgames we sing the Brabaconne.

As I had been teached it in primary school and owning to travelling aroun dthe world I don't know the txt by heart any longer, this is just a copy, past action.

Aanvaard ons kracht en het bloed van ons aad'ren,Wees ons doel in arbeid en in strijd,
[/b]

I guess this is the same anthem as the Brabançonne, as known in French? Is it sung in both languages when played in sporting events? By the way what do the german speaking minority sing?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Sep 10 2008, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Are you serious, our anthem is awesome.[/b]
It's pretty uninspiring, the tune is shite, it's like comparing Britney Spears (Australia) to Wagner (France). It's a really dull anthem compared to some of the good ones, hell, the Kiwi anthem is leagues ahead of ours in the stirring stakes.

We need a new anthem that has a good old classical tune, something written in the style of 19th century military songs, of which the best anthems are, instead of by some random composer. Drums need to be added, drums always pump people up, and instead of a wishy washy anthem it should tell the tales of how we became Australian, our values, our great military victories etc. There is a reason that they sing Waltzing Matilda after the anthem, Advance Australia Fair isn't inspiring whatsoever.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Sep 10 2008, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Sep 10 2008, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ours is the Brabaconne.

[/b]

I guess this is the same anthem as the Brabançonne, as known in French? Is it sung in both languages when played in sporting events? By the way what do the german speaking minority sing?
[/b][/quote]

Basically, this is the Flemish or Dutch translation of it.
The Wallonian song is called le chant des Wallons.
The Germanspeaking part of the country is part of Wallonië but geographically is called the Ostkantons.
They sing the Brabaconne in German which looks like this:

O liebes Land, o Belgiens Erde
dir unser Herz, dir unsere Hand
dir unser Blut, dem Heimatherde
wir schwören's dir, o Vaterland
So blühe froh in voller Schöne
zu der die Freiheit dich erzog
und fortan singen deine Söhne:
Gesetz und König und die Freiheit hoch!

Genau!

The name of the German speaking song I don't know, I forwarded this question to the Tourism department of the Ostkantons and I'm waiting offer an anwser.
Will give you the data later.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Sep 10 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Sep 10 2008, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you serious, our anthem is awesome.[/b]
It's pretty uninspiring, the tune is shite, it's like comparing Britney Spears (Australia) to Wagner (France). It's a really dull anthem compared to some of the good ones, hell, the Kiwi anthem is leagues ahead of ours in the stirring stakes.

We need a new anthem that has a good old classical tune, something written in the style of 19th century military songs, of which the best anthems are, instead of by some random composer. Drums need to be added, drums always pump people up, and instead of a wishy washy anthem it should tell the tales of how we became Australian, our values, our great military victories etc. There is a reason that they sing Waltzing Matilda after the anthem, Advance Australia Fair isn't inspiring whatsoever.
[/b][/quote]

yeh uts prutty ununspirung ayy bro :p :lol:

I have to say the Marseillaise is pretty inspiring. Gets you well pumped up before big matches.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Sep 10 2008, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have to say the Marseillaise is pretty inspiring. Gets you well pumped up before big matches.[/b]

Yeah it's a nice song with a beautifull historic background.
Altho from my point of view I think the Haka, Cibi, Sivi Tau or Sipi Tau ( those wardances ) really fire up a game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Sep 10 2008, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nowadays the Flemish Lion is used during meeting of the more right wing orientated political parties who are proud of their roots but for offical sportgames we sing the Brabaconne.[/b]

Hmmmm... so are you saying that only people who are right wing can be proud of their roots? That seems a little narrow minded and Liberal fascist, to me, if that is what you're saying.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tighthead III @ Sep 10 2008, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Sep 10 2008, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nowadays the Flemish Lion is used during meeting of the more right wing orientated political parties who are proud of their roots but for offical sportgames we sing the Brabaconne.[/b]

Hmmmm... so are you saying that only people who are right wing can be proud of their roots? That seems a little narrow minded and Liberal fascist, to me, if that is what you're saying.
[/b][/quote]

No, maybe I expressed meself not correctly, I just wanted to say that the more right winged parties are using this as a symbolic song to promote theirself.
And with the political issues going in Belgium they use it more strategical.

If you ask 9 of 10 Flemish if they are proud they will yes but also that they are Belgian, towards the world we're Belgian, in Belgian we're Flemish or Wallonian.
Altho that's crap according to me, I'm proud of beeing Belgian;

Case closed, sorry for the mix up.

I find Marseillaise really inspiring as the mother of democracy of nations, as the France itself IS :bravo:

But every anthem is to be respected,

What about NZs postcolonization anthem as my friends from NZ say, we Georgians also had anthem that was changed in 2004, because the past one already was conquered by our northern neighbour Russia in 1921, by Red Army!!!!!

So this recent anthem is very young and more motivated and accepted by all the Georgians :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Long live to our countries :bravo: :bravo:

GEORGIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM

My icon is my motherland,
And icon-stand is whole world.
Bright mounts and valleys
Are shared with God

Today our freedom
Sings to the glory of future,
The dawn star rises up
And shines out between two seas.

Praise be to the liberty,
Liberty be praised!

I hate the English anthem. I mean come on. God save the queen? Do you think anyone that sings it actually wants him to protect the queen? No offense to the British, but an anthem singing about a gracious woman that doesn't do much anyway? Can any of the English shed some light? I think Land of Hope and Glory is way better!

Latest posts