NBA Finals

Duckdee

First XV
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
Go, Dirk!

At the risk of being labelled a bandwagoner, I'm now a Mavericks fan. It isn't just because they won, but after watching most of the West finals, and all of The Finals, I think they've got an entertaining team. Especially when Barea's on court!

WunderDirk! :D
I'm happy for Jason Kidd too, one of the best passer in history... He deserved the ring!

I've been a huge fan of Utah Jazz and I feel sorry for players like Stockton and Malone who ended their long career without a ring, and now I always support teams build up on experience, with some good old fellas no more young but still mentally solid!

Dallas is one of those team: they flown low, they kept low profile (exept Terry who tattooed the Ring in his bicept before the finals!!!), and they beat a rampant and more athletic side, builto on some arrogant youngsters and an overrated coach who couldn't teach the team anything useful in their most important moment (look at their last quarter in Game 6...).

Fair enough! :D

I've been a huge fan of Utah Jazz and I feel sorry for players like Stockton and Malone who ended their long career without a ring, and now I always support teams build up on experience, with some good old fellas no more young but still mentally solid!
Yeah, I want Nash to get one, next.

I used to be a Golden State fan ( during the 90's) but all my heroes retired. Now I'm just following the play offs. Great stuff by Dallas. Especially as Dirk was ill during game 3

Thought that Heat had the series as they are a team full of all stars but you always sensed that Dirk would leave the Mavs to the Championship.

As a Knicks fan I delighted that Heat didn't win it but LeBron does deserve a Championship ring at some stage.
Dirk is a class act and well even when that fever was at it's worst he still produced the goods but the Mav's bench was superb throughout too and Mr Cuban will be a happy man I bet.

Big Three can make difference!

3 super-star players can win the league for you sometimes, as Warriors did with Chamberlain Arizin and Meschery in 1962, LAL tried with Bryant-O'Neal-Fisher in 2003, but they didn't.
LBJ Bosh and James in 2011 made 73.5% of Miami's points (yes, 73%), but you need something (someone) behind the stars, or your bound to crumble sometimes during the season, especially if your coach never taught you how to work for points: Spoelstra took the typical Pat Riley team in defence "no prisoner, it's us against the World", he started to put the team together working on defence, but this team didn't have an offensive identity. Spoelstra initially thought "We have the big three, we have flair, it will bury our problems", it didn't! Until he tried to do this, Miami performed inconsistently.
They worked on it, but in the end, those problems came out again. In the worst possible moment.

Game 6 talks for the rest:
Dallas has been more "team", with some great impact players (like in rugby of course) from the bench as Terry of course, Stevenson, also Brian Cardinal made a couple of awesome plays in game 6 (overall +/- it's +18, and he scored 3 pt!!).
43 points came from Dallas bench, only 20 from Heat ones, that means that when Nowitzki struggled with field goals (he started his 3rd period with 2/19...), there were some other guys who put the ball in!

Last edited:
I agree, but the big three did win the ***le for Boston, San Antonio and the LAL

Mmm... I agree with San Antonio, probably the "Big Three" system worked well with them, it's one of the successful case.

But IMO LAL and Celtics had much more than Big Three...

Beside Bryant, Fisher and Shaq, they had Robert Horry, now Pau Gasol (later), Lamar Odom and Ron Artest (who's one of the best defenders in NBA, and one of the maddest offensive one, he makes possibile what's impossbile and vice versa - kind of Shawn Marion)... Boston lost 2010 final IMO when Perkins' got injuried when he was the only good centre in that team who can stop Pau Gasol.
LAL won because of Pau Gasol himself. o_O