• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA Football 2006 season

I think he just picked texas so if someone said he was a biased idiot, he'd just point to his selection in the game. As for colt mccoy, well he didn't play too well in his second game against the number one team in the country but he does have an awsome name. That can't be disputed. It's like a name you'd hear in an old western, it's a sweet gunslingers name.

so yea in other news

oklahoma is trying to get their loss that they suffered to Oregon removed because of faulty officiating

the pac 10 has suspended the refs from the game

but the bottom line is that, yes, it was a bad call, BUT oklahoma did have a shot with 3 seconds left to make a very makable 44 yard field goal in the middle of the field, only to have it blocked.

i guess i can say, oklahoma fans, welcome to what it feels like being a OSU fan when the refs screw us every game.

so yea in other news

oklahoma is trying to get their loss that they suffered to Oregon removed because of faulty officiating

the pac 10 has suspended the refs from the game

but the bottom line is that, yes, it was a bad call, BUT oklahoma did have a shot with 3 seconds left to make a very makable 44 yard field goal in the middle of the field, only to have it blocked.

i guess i can say, oklahoma fans, welcome to what it feels like being a OSU fan when the refs screw us every game.
[/b]

Yes DC it's a conspiracy :rolleyes:

all ive got to say is helmet to helmet, pass interference in the texas game.. make your call both total bullshit in the first half

all ive got to say is helmet to helmet, pass interference in the texas game.. make your call both total bullshit in the first half
[/b]

Again your head is so far up your ass you can't see from a impartial position so your arguement loses all credibility.

Well... I don't hate tOSU unless they are playing the Gophers. However, I have to wonder why someone starts a separate Troy Smith thread...

I do hate Notre Dame and Iowa...

no that was the old sig discussion it got moved because it went way way way off topic lol

yea i hate notre dame and iowa to!

oh and michigan especially, me ive got nothin agains the gophers they always play hard, and seem like they show good sportsmanship (yes, one of the few teams i dont hate)

no that was the old sig discussion it got moved because it went way way way off topic lol[/b]

Yeah just a little off topic...

It seems that there is a buch of shitty games this week, nothing to really look forward too. The osu game will be a blowout and so will the USC game so we'll see how it goes in terms of quality games.

im lookin foreward to the osu game

my bro is down at college game day.. lucky lucky lucky him

yea it was quite good actually.. the rain really messed with both teams gameplans a lot, but in the end ohio state found the way to win, i was very pleased, the D looked tough, our running game was good, and the passing game was mediocre but that was expected in the rain.

classic michigan state though, they can seem like a number 1 at some point in the game, and then look like the worst team at other times

oooh how i hate notre dame!

now to open up a possible new debate:
Do you think that playing as a non conference team (as Notre Dame does) gives that team an advantage, and possibly make their schedule easier?

classic michigan state though, they can seem like a number 1 at some point in the game, and then look like the worst team at other times

Do you think that playing as a non conference team (as Notre Dame does) gives that team an advantage, and possibly make their schedule easier?
[/b]

Well it does give them an advantage in that they can go undefeated by scheduling easier oppenents, however it's a disadvantage come BCS the retarded brain child of a f***ing idiot. See their whole computer system is worth one third of the rankings so there is possibly major problems for them if they do schedule weak opponents. The NCAA made a clause in the BCS that allows for independent teams(known as the notre dame clause) to get into the BCS where they do not do so for the smaller conferences(WAC, sun belt, MAC, mountain west ect) until this year but it still isn't a garuntee and is a giant crock of ****.

i personally feel they should join a conference.. wouldn't mind seein them join the big 10 another nice rivalry for the OSU fans when we take on notre dame!

but, also i feel it is an advantage because if you think about it.. Conference teams play each other every year, or every other year in some cases, and over the years teams get to know each other, their styles, what to expect, what its like to play at their stadium etc.. so for notre dame, besides a few games here and there that are annual, they really don't play anyone that knows them. Thus i guess could make it easier for them to gain wins, than if they played a regular conference schedule.

i personally feel they should join a conference.. wouldn't mind seein them join the big 10 another nice rivalry for the OSU fans when we take on notre dame!

but, also i feel it is an advantage because if you think about it.. Conference teams play each other every year, or every other year in some cases, and over the years teams get to know each other, their styles, what to expect, what its like to play at their stadium etc.. so for notre dame, besides a few games here and there that are annual, they really don't play anyone that knows them. Thus i guess could make it easier for them to gain wins, than if they played a regular conference schedule.
[/b]

Just what the big 10 needs another team. So that they can have a canference with 12 teams and still call it the big ten. They'd probably be better off joining the big east as i believe that is what conference their basketball team is in.

As for and advantage, well you know what? Notre Dame plays 11-12 nationally televised games a year, there is enough video for opponents to know them up and down. Playing in a big stadium doesn't really matter as they'll have faced it before and from big stadium to big stadium there is little difference between them.

[/b]

Well Notre Dame plays a hard schedule so I am not sure how much of an advantage it is. I think they play the equivalent of a normal conference schedule. They play a lot of BCS schools. Remember they have some historic rivals. My ratings are based on overall team and not on any one season since games are scheduled years in advance.

GT - Decent team
PSU - Good team with elite potential
Mich - Elite team
MSU - decent team
Pudue - decent team
Stanford - Decent team
UCLA - Decent team
Navy - Mid-major
UNC - pretty bad team
AF - decent team
Army - MAC quality
USC - Elite team

The only advantage i see is that as opposed to playing your cupcakes early and then having 8-9 straight weeks of tough games, you can spread your elite ones out and put some cream-puffs late when you are banged up and need a rest.

Compare to the Northwestern Gauntlet of Big Ten teams (other than Illinois). No break week from 30 SEP on.

DC,

I have a classic tOSU photo for you. How in the hell do I put it on here if it came to me attached to an email?

Latest posts