• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA Football 2006 season

i personally feel they should join a conference.. wouldn't mind seein them join the big 10 another nice rivalry for the OSU fans when we take on notre dame!

but, also i feel it is an advantage because if you think about it.. Conference teams play each other every year, or every other year in some cases, and over the years teams get to know each other, their styles, what to expect, what its like to play at their stadium etc.. so for notre dame, besides a few games here and there that are annual, they really don't play anyone that knows them. Thus i guess could make it easier for them to gain wins, than if they played a regular conference schedule.
[/b]

I think anyone who plays Notre Dame every year such as Michigan, Purdue, MSU, USC, and the academies is very sure what to expect. Notre Dame is also very familiar with their stadiums.

tosuiraqld3.png

OK DC, here it is. Do you like the Iraqi kids spelling OHIO with their arms??

USArugger could not figure it out so he emailed the file to me.

see that those kids know where its at #1 baby!

i love that pic!!

im eagerly awaiting the iowa v ohio state game at 8:30!!!

i think ripper could learn a thing or two from those kids on who he supports :D

i love that pic!!

[/b]

If only they comprehended what they were doing, they would have stopped long before that...

SC kicks off at 7pm. A nice time filler until the huge game OSU vs Iowa St.

im sure they all know exactly what they are doing OH-IO! SPREADING ACROSS THE GLOBE!!!!!

alright 21-10 at half, im feeling good were looking impressive

would have ben 21-7 without a few dodgy pass interference calls, but life goes on

lol musburger is creamin his pants over "the wirey texan" drew tate, its ridiciulous, and it seems to me that mighty Troy is doin pretty well, nice catch there by Roy Hall glad to see him back finally..

im proud of the boys, be back after the second half!

incomplete pass WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSHIT!!

HE WAS f***ING DOWN YOU f***ING IDIOT MOTHER f***ING REFEREES, YOU MOTHER f***ING ASS HOLE IDIOTS

ginn was down, and he caught it

i love that pic!!

[/b]
When they realise what they did, that'll be another 5 suicide bombers roaming the streets.

would have ben 21-7 without a few dodgy pass interference calls, but life goes on

lol musburger is creamin his pants over "the wirey texan" drew tate, its ridiciulous, and it seems to me that mighty Troy is doin pretty well, nice catch there by Roy Hall glad to see him back finally..

[/b]

How are you even thinking about complaining what the commentators are saying? They have been so one sided in favour of OSU i thought you'd finally stop *****ing about this "everyone hates OSU" non-sense.

Before i get into further analysis i will say this, I am extremely disappointed by the terrible showing in of the cheerleaders of both teams. This is, to be blunt, a disgrace. These young women are just not hot enough to be the cheerleaders of major programs. I saw hotter girls in the cousin f.ucking crowd and in Iowa's band(there was a drop dead stunner, did you see that blonde?!?) than i did on either team's cheerleaders. I guess not every team can have cheerleaders that look like Florida St's, Texas' or USC's.

The reason OSU won this game was because of the **** poor tackling displayed by Iowa. I thought that was a strength of this team but it turns out it wasn't. It was displayed most prevelantly on the Gonzo's second touchdown, the 30 someodd yarder. That was the most embarrassing attempts to tackle i have seen in a long, long time. I give credit to Gonzo for keep moving but he didn't even put any moves on they just fell over. There was no heart whatsoever in a defence that i figured had to have a lot of it considering their size.

The only people who truely performed outstanding today were the o-linemen of OSU. They paved the way for some big run plays tonight and really just demolished the undersized defence of Iowa. Sure Iowa gave a lot respect to the passing game leaving the safeties back, but damn this o-line killed Iowa.

I don't see what the hell the commentators were talking about when it comes to Pittman. If he didn't have a line like that in front of him he'd be nothing. It's clearly evident on the plays that the o-line didn't maul iowa, where he had 5 or 6 carries of 1 or 2 yards. When he made those big breaks it had nothing to do with his skill and often wasn't even touched until he was 10-12 yards up the field.

I also felt Drew Tate didn't go enough to his tightends. Clearly they were the only ones able to catch a pass yet he didn't go as often as he should have. He also threw some stupid balls. You gotta give some credit to the OSU DB for catching the ball but that first interception, lets be honest could have been caught by an autistic, retarded kid with downs syndrome. It wasn't quite has telegraphed as Carlos Spencers interception that cost the All Blacks the world cup but it was pretty damn close.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

How are you even thinking about complaining what the commentators are saying? They have been so one sided in favour of OSU i thought you'd finally stop *****ing about this "everyone hates OSU" non-sense.

Before i get into further analysis i will say this, I am extremely disappointed by the terrible showing in of the cheerleaders of both teams. This is, to be blunt, a disgrace. These young women are just not hot enough to be the cheerleaders of major programs. I saw hotter girls in the cousin f.ucking crowd and in Iowa's band(there was a drop dead stunner, did you see that blonde?!?) than i did on either team's cheerleaders. I guess not every team can have cheerleaders that look like Florida St's, Texas' or USC's.

The reason OSU won this game was because of the **** poor tackling displayed by Iowa. I thought that was a strength of this team but it turns out it wasn't. It was displayed most prevelantly on the Gonzo's second touchdown, the 30 someodd yarder. That was the most embarrassing attempts to tackle i have seen in a long, long time. I give credit to Gonzo for keep moving but he didn't even put any moves on they just fell over. There was no heart whatsoever in a defence that i figured had to have a lot of it considering their size.

The only people who truely performed outstanding today were the o-linemen of OSU. They paved the way for some big run plays tonight and really just demolished the undersized defence of Iowa. Sure Iowa gave a lot respect to the passing game leaving the safeties back, but damn this o-line killed Iowa.

I don't see what the hell the commentators were talking about when it comes to Pittman. If he didn't have a line like that in front of him he'd be nothing. It's clearly evident on the plays that the o-line didn't maul iowa, where he had 5 or 6 carries of 1 or 2 yards. When he made those big breaks it had nothing to do with his skill and often wasn't even touched until he was 10-12 yards up the field.

I also felt Drew Tate didn't go enough to his tightends. Clearly they were the only ones able to catch a pass yet he didn't go as often as he should have. He also threw some stupid balls. You gotta give some credit to the OSU DB for catching the ball but that first interception, lets be honest could have been caught by an autistic, retarded kid with downs syndrome. It wasn't quite has telegraphed as Carlos Spencers interception that cost the All Blacks the world cup but it was pretty damn close.
[/b][/quote]

brent musburger talked more about drew tate than anyone on ohio state. it just hurt him so much to see them lose. i can't believe you can sit here and say that it wasn't biased at all, not once did i hear anything about that wirey ohioan in troy smith, the only one who ever said anything about him was herbstreit.

i cant believe you can sit here and say that ohio state won because iowa didnt tackle, to say that i feel you must be a f***ing idiot, first of all, gonzalez cut right back, the guys dove at his feet, but considering how quick he is, well he makes them miss.. then hartline with one of the best blocks a wide out can give to spring him the extra few yards.. disgraceful you cant even credit how well ohio state played on why they won the game, what a shame.

yea, i agree that the o line did destroy the iowa d line, iowa's was so undersized.

pittman doesnt run through his o line very often, if you notice most of his big plays come when he bounces to the outside, not when he runs up the gut. pittman is a hell of a back, he's in the top tier of backs in the country, and if you look at his yards stats you'll see that to.

that was a good pick, of course anyone could catch it.. i mean i dont know what else you want from him.

overall it was an ohio state beatdown

that was such a bullshit call, where they said that pass to ginn was an incompletion

brent musburger talked more about drew tate than anyone on ohio state. it just hurt him so much to see them lose. i can't believe you can sit here and say that it wasn't biased at all, not once did i hear anything about that wirey ohioan in troy smith, the only one who ever said anything about him was herbstreit.[/b]

Are you kidding me?? The whole thing kicked off with them sucking OSU's collective dick for 15 minutes talking about how they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. And then all the way along they chatted about how amazing Pittman is(which he isn't) and "how lively" Troy Smith's arm is and how he has been staying in the pocket trying to prove something to NFL scouts. They didn't stop talking about Ginn and Gonzo(how about how the commentators just orgasmed over his block, isn't that what his job is on a running play to his side?) and to top it off they had their nice story about Luarinitis' dad "The Animal" and how he amazing the kid is and is going to be the next AJ Hawk/Carpenter. Then of course he just had to miss that tackle that went for a touchdown a few plays after. Funny how commentators can jinx players like that because that lautisitsitst can play. So please dont' even try to sit there and say there is a bias because if anything it was towards OSU.

i cant believe you can sit here and say that ohio state won because iowa didnt tackle[/b]

It was embarrasing to even watch. Iowa missed upwards of 40 tackles out there, maybe more. That is a disgrace to their school and cost them the game. However it was, as i said before, the domination by OSU's o-line and the disgraceful effort to tackle by Iowa was the reason for OSU's victory.

pittman doesnt run through his o line very often, if you notice most of his big plays come when he bounces to the outside, not when he runs up the gut. pittman is a hell of a back, he's in the top tier of backs in the country, and if you look at his yards stats you'll see that to.[/b]

Every run that went over 3 yards can be attributed to his o-line. The fact that he can't run between the tackles automatically takes him out of the elite backs in the NCAA. All he has going for him is his speed.

that was a good pick, of course anyone could catch it.. i mean i dont know what else you want from him[/b]

Nothing i was just making a point how **** Tate played that's all.

overall it was an ohio state beatdown[/b]

Yeah i don't think anyone would disagree with you.

that was such a bullshit call, where they said that pass to ginn was an incompletion[/b]

I didn't see it. I flipped it over to the SC game. It was far more entertaining. SC were almost upset near the end.

it'll be on youtube the call, im sure, ill show it to you

i'll disect yoru post tomorrow, im off to sleep

Are you kidding me?? The whole thing kicked off with them sucking OSU's collective dick for 15 minutes talking about how they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. And then all the way along they chatted about how amazing Pittman is(which he isn't) and "how lively" Troy Smith's arm is and how he has been staying in the pocket trying to prove something to NFL scouts.[/b]

Yea, lets talk about that lean wirey texan some more..

See this shows your bias, Pittman is an excellant back, for a junior in starting his second year, he rushed for 1300 yards last year, i know he isnt any good :rolleyes: . Pittman doesn't need to run between the tackles considering he runs 75% percent to the left side, Rehring and Boone (both future first rounders, soph. now) combine for 635 pounds, and both are 6 foot 8 inches. I dont see why he would run up the middle for 3 or 4 yards when he can bust it ouside for 10 plus.. i just don't understand that logic, he also ran it up the middle plenty of times in this game, gaining 5 or 6 yards a number of times.

Now Smith, well i think he's become a more complete QB, and he doesnt feel the need to make the play with his feet as much as he had to last year. Yea his arm is pretty lively, thats for certain, its not like musburger was sitting there creaming his pants over his physical self, were talking cold hard facts. The pass to Robo was probably the best pass i have ever seen a QB make in that short of a space. And trust me smith really Zips that ball, like the pass to ginn on the one first down, he threw that ball hard..

Every run that went over 3 yards can be attributed to his o-line. The fact that he can't run between the tackles automatically takes him out of the elite backs in the NCAA. All he has going for him is his speed.[/b]

Yea and Reggie Bush could bust 10 yard runs without his O Line to :rolleyes:

Are you kidding me?? The whole thing kicked off with them sucking OSU's collective dick for 15 minutes talking about how they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. And then all the way along they chatted about how amazing Pittman is(which he isn't) and "how lively" Troy Smith's arm is and how he has been staying in the pocket trying to prove something to NFL scouts.[/b]

See this shows your bias[/b]

It's true I do dislike OSU. Yet that doesn't come anywhere near hate. Hate is reserved for the likes of the Red Sox, Yankees, Australia, Tom Brady and Vince Carter. Yet I continue to acknowledge thier prowess and ability. f*** I hate VC but he's one of the best two guards in the NBA. Tom Brady is a fag yet I still say he is going to be the best of his generation and fall just short of Joe Montana as the best ever. I destest the yankees almost more than I do Aussie but you know what i acknowledge they have the best batting lineup on the planet. OSU doesn't even get close to appearing on the radar of hate so don't get too far ahead of yourself.

Pittman is an excellant back, for a junior in starting his second year, he rushed for 1300 yards last year, i know he isnt any good :rolleyes:[/b]

So, North Texas had a back that ran for 1700 yards his freshman year. Doesn't make him OJ Simpson.

EDIT: Just looked it up his name is Jamario Thomas and the total was 1801yards 17TD's. How I remembered he playes for them? I dont' know all i remember is NT played somebody in the GMAC bowl a few years ago. Why I remember that? I don't know.

Yea and Reggie Bush could bust 10 yard runs without his O Line to[/b]

Whoa, hold your horses. First off there's at least 5 backs better than Pittman in the NCAA and none of them even compare to Reggie Bush. Reggie could do things no one else could do, he was a once in a generation talent. There isn't one person in the NCAA close to what he could do. And to top it off he was one of the most complete players ever to come out of the ncaa ever. So don't even think about comparing Pittman to Bush.

Just on an aside. I am considering buying a SC jersey. Which do you think i should get Marcus Allen's, OJ Simpson's, Ronnie Lott's or Rodney Peete's?

<div class='quotemain'>

See this shows your bias[/b]

It's true I do dislike OSU. Yet that doesn't come anywhere near hate. Hate is reserved for the likes of the Red Sox, Yankees, Australia, Tom Brady and Vince Carter. Yet I continue to acknowledge thier prowess and ability. f*** I hate VC but he's one of the best two guards in the NBA. Tom Brady is a fag yet I still say he is going to be the best of his generation and fall just short of Joe Montana as the best ever. I destest the yankees almost more than I do Aussie but you know what i acknowledge they have the best batting lineup on the planet. OSU doesn't even get close to appearing on the radar of hate so don't get too far ahead of yourself.

Pittman is an excellant back, for a junior in starting his second year, he rushed for 1300 yards last year, i know he isnt any good :rolleyes:[/b]

So, North Texas had a back that ran for 1700 yards his freshman year. Doesn't make him OJ Simpson.

EDIT: Just looked it up his name is Jamario Thomas and the total was 1801yards 17TD's. How I remembered he playes for them? I dont' know all i remember is NT played somebody in the GMAC bowl a few years ago. Why I remember that? I don't know.

Yea and Reggie Bush could bust 10 yard runs without his O Line to[/b]

Whoa, hold your horses. First off there's at least 5 backs better than Pittman in the NCAA and none of them even compare to Reggie Bush. Reggie could do things no one else could do, he was a once in a generation talent. There isn't one person in the NCAA close to what he could do. And to top it off he was one of the most complete players ever to come out of the ncaa ever. So don't even think about comparing Pittman to Bush.

Just on an aside. I am considering buying a SC jersey. Which do you think i should get Marcus Allen's, OJ Simpson's, Ronnie Lott's or Rodney Peete's?
[/b][/quote]

Ronnie Lott no question. What an animal.

hey check it out fcukernaut

in 2008/2009 OSU will play a Away and then Home (similar to the texas series) against USC... oh man i cannot wait, i will be attending OSU when those games take place

and then in 2010 OSU will be hosting Miami (FL), man i have three great years of great non conference games stacked up right there!

I have a feeling the OSU v USC series will be a classic.

Latest posts