• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA MVP 06 Baseball

W

woosaah

Does anyone play this? I have just got it and i like it. i havnt played a baseball game in yonks and i have missed it. i dont like watching it but as with nfl i dont mind playing the games on consoles.

I like the batting control, to a degree. having to move back the right thumbstick then forward again can hurt your thumb after a while. but when you connect on one and it goes you feel satisfied that you have worked for it. All the other options like power hit and contact are pretty good as well as it makes it feel like you have control over what is going on.

Fielding is hardish, i like the throw meter, it could be used on some of the cricket games out there and it would be cool. using the right thumb stick again just move it to the base you want to throw to, and the diamond under the player shows how much power you need to use and you let go when it is in the green. you have to have it pretty close to perfect direction as well or you can take the guy off.

as for the dynasty mode and stuff i have no idea what i am doing for recruiting and stuff but will just play around and see how crap my team will go. I have picked a pretty crap team in pitsburg, which was probably a bad idea, but i am 1-1 both games against memphis. and only had 2 games before that. won the first game 6-5 but lost the second 10-0 in 7 o_O damn.

my defence is still pretty crap and i have trouble trying to catch the ball sometimes. i wonder if there is a dive button or something i am missing.

anyway, anyone out there play this one?

I just got it last week, along with a few other games so haven't really given it a good go yet...

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 28 2006, 03:34 PM
Anyway, anyone out there play this one?
But seriously, it answers your cry for another opinion, it's just that mine will take a while to form :p

I played it.

I like it for the most part. I liked the hitting stick. I did not like the throw meter. THat might be partly because I am impatient and wanted to start playing but I didn't want to commit a million errors.

I liked the college game. The sound of the aluminum bats instead of wood was cool. I also liked the simulation mode where you can just manage. It allowed me to get through parts of the schedule quickly, but I still felt like I had control (unlike NCAA football).

I haven't played in a couple of months since football has all my attention right now.

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 28 2006, 03:34 PM
Does anyone play this? I have just got it and i like it. i havnt played a baseball game in yonks and i have missed it. i dont like watching it but as with nfl i dont mind playing the games on consoles.

I like the batting control, to a degree. having to move back the right thumbstick then forward again can hurt your thumb after a while. but when you connect on one and it goes you feel satisfied that you have worked for it. All the other options like power hit and contact are pretty good as well as it makes it feel like you have control over what is going on.

Fielding is hardish, i like the throw meter, it could be used on some of the cricket games out there and it would be cool. using the right thumb stick again just move it to the base you want to throw to, and the diamond under the player shows how much power you need to use and you let go when it is in the green. you have to have it pretty close to perfect direction as well or you can take the guy off.

as for the dynasty mode and stuff i have no idea what i am doing for recruiting and stuff but will just play around and see how crap my team will go. I have picked a pretty crap team in pitsburg, which was probably a bad idea, but i am 1-1 both games against memphis. and only had 2 games before that. won the first game 6-5 but lost the second 10-0 in 7 o_O damn.

my defence is still pretty crap and i have trouble trying to catch the ball sometimes. i wonder if there is a dive button or something i am missing.

anyway, anyone out there play this one?
Recruiting is really tough. It was hard for me to figure out what kind of budget to use on guys. You also need to really project well when you will need pitchers etc... I thought the recruiting made the game hard to play more than a couple seasons. Recruiting just was not as cleanly played out as in Football.

I played with Minnesota but I created myself as a monster freshman CF. SO that helped.

I never had problems with catching, it was throwing. I will try to get a few more games in. I play PS2 baseball with my daughter, but she is a Yankees fan so it is hard to get her to play NCAA. She is all about MLB.

I personally thought It was alright, sold it though to a mate of mind to fund NCAA Football 07. Hopefully they do it again, easily the best Baseball game I played since... MVP 2005. But I miss the big time league with the big time money, and I can't stand the 2K Baseball series.

Latest posts