• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NEC rule out release for Van der Westhuyzen

M

munross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Japanese rugby club NEC, have refused to release the versatile and experienced Springbok, Jaco van der Westhuyzen, in order to play Super 14 rugby for the Bulls.

Van der Westhuyzen is contracted by NEC and because he is an integral part of the club's future plans, they have decided not to release him.

NEC said on Monday that Van der Westhuyzen is one of their most valuable players and they felt it was in the best interest of their player to have a break and not to play Super Rugby in the next couple of months.
The Blue Bulls Company (Pty) Ltd did everything within their power to secure the services of Van der Westhuyzen and they will make another effort in the next couple of days to sign him, but in the end will have to respect NEC's final decision.[/b]

Damn!Would have been nice to see Jaco playing here in SA again and maybe for a place in the Boks team for the Lions Tour

Oh please god no, that fool can stay in Japan!

Him climbing on top of the rugby posts after the Currie Cup final wearing a t-shirt with 'jesus is lord' or something to that effect on it, and punching the air while playing 'Invincible' on his air guitar is forever burnt into my memory.

He did score one the best individual tries I've ever seen before, while playing for the Bulls.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Feb 24 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh please god no, that fool can stay in Japan!

Him climbing on top of the rugby posts after the Currie Cup final wearing a t-shirt with 'jesus is lord' or something to that effect on it, and punching the air while playing 'Invincible' on his air guitar is forever burnt into my memory.

He did score one the best individual tries I've ever seen before, while playing for the Bulls.[/b]

I agree. That dude has an identity crisis. Freakin Moses. The thing i always wonder about is whether he still would have paraded that shirt had the Bulls been Hammered. Guess i will never know. Anyway, he is a fool, and after that display against Australia where we got smashed 49-0, he will forever be remembered by me as a deuchebag extraordinaire.

Latest posts