• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Need a Club to practice with while visiting London

D

Duel

Hello all. I guess the ***le of the thread is self explanatory lol.
I will be arriving in London on Wednesday the 15th of August. I play for a club in America, but I will not head back there until the 1st of September. Our 1st match is on the 2nd.
Anyways, I would love to practice with one of your respected clubs in the UK. I am a beginner and need all the practice I can get.
I play prop mainly, but I'll be able to fill in any forward position as needed.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

No offence, but if you are a beginner prop as you say, I don't think you're going to get a place in a respected club, but you never know I guess.

Also, being a beginner, I'm sure you could get help from almost any club that has coaches and players who know how to scrummage properly :)

i think wasps are looking for a few big men up front [/b]

I'm desperately searching for the sarcasm in that post, but I'm not 100% convinced.

You can try any of the numerous amateur clubs in and around London, but don't expect to be particularly well accomodated. Most will be doing their own pre-season preparation, and are unlikely to want to use you as much more than a tackle-bag once they know you won't actually be around to play any matches for them.

youd be best to lie and then not tell them your going anywhere and then just leave

Yeah thats a good idea!

Tell them (an amateur club) that you are planning on playing for them, then just leave when you need to.

Thanks for the replies and advice (even the sarcastic one) haha
I'm heading out soon. I hope to find something when I get there.
Cheers!

Latest posts