• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Need a Club to practice with while visiting London

D

Duel

Hello all. I guess the ***le of the thread is self explanatory lol.
I will be arriving in London on Wednesday the 15th of August. I play for a club in America, but I will not head back there until the 1st of September. Our 1st match is on the 2nd.
Anyways, I would love to practice with one of your respected clubs in the UK. I am a beginner and need all the practice I can get.
I play prop mainly, but I'll be able to fill in any forward position as needed.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

M

melon

No offence, but if you are a beginner prop as you say, I don't think you're going to get a place in a respected club, but you never know I guess.

Also, being a beginner, I'm sure you could get help from almost any club that has coaches and players who know how to scrummage properly :)

S

SaintsFan_Webby

i think wasps are looking for a few big men up front [/b]

I'm desperately searching for the sarcasm in that post, but I'm not 100% convinced.

You can try any of the numerous amateur clubs in and around London, but don't expect to be particularly well accomodated. Most will be doing their own pre-season preparation, and are unlikely to want to use you as much more than a tackle-bag once they know you won't actually be around to play any matches for them.

F

feicarsinn

youd be best to lie and then not tell them your going anywhere and then just leave

M

melon

Yeah thats a good idea!

Tell them (an amateur club) that you are planning on playing for them, then just leave when you need to.

D

Duel

Thanks for the replies and advice (even the sarcastic one) haha
I'm heading out soon. I hope to find something when I get there.
Cheers!