• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Need Good Rugby Boots

Brenden1992

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
I had Gilbert rugby boots with screw in studs and those completely tore up my feet(They were the only boots available on-post). I'm in Germany right now, so the pitch is hard for July and August, but it is soft after that mainly. My coach suggested Canterbury or Kooga for comfort. If it's any help I play Flanker and Lock.

Flanker/lock i'd get "Adidas Flanker"s, or Nine XV, they're both cracking boots. I've owned both, and both are very comfy, and offer lots of traction/grip.
If you've got hard ground atm then, if you can afford some, get some cheap moulded stud boots. Metal studs, on rock hard surfaces, will just give you mega mega blisters.
But yeah, i've had no problems with adidas boots at all (i use predator-x's atm)

Maybe these constant q's about boots and kits could do with one long post at the top with a basic guide for equipment etc.

Just an idea

The most comfertable boots iv ever had were a pair of cheep diadora rugby boots cant remember what their called but they weren't great for hard ground for scrumming its got to be flankers these would probs be your best bet but their not cheep

Thanks for the advice, I found a pair of Adidas Flankers for 53 quid. The season doesn't start until September, so the ground should be softer by then. Until then I'll just use my tennis shoes at training.

Latest posts