• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Need New Boots..

C

Corywalker

I'm looking into buying a new pair of boots, current ones are tearing apart at the bottom, and I just recently bought them! Damn Adidas! Well, I was looking for suggestions for a new pair, and i'll just give a 'background' of what I play.

I play hooker, sometimes flanker. I was looking for a 6 stud light-weight boot, so I can still side-step easily (yes, a front row that dangles!), but I still want the boots to actually stay together from pressure in scrums. Thank you in advanced!

PS: Price range.. I don't really care, as long as the boots are a good investment and will last me a while!

The top range Nomis, Asics and Adidas are all sure bets mate.

Just go and try different boots on and see whats best for you.

The top range Nomis, Asics and Adidas are all sure bets mate.

Just go and try different boots on and see whats best for you. [/b]

I can't really try the boots on, because there is one store on my island where they sell rugby cleats, and they only have a selected variety, most of which wont be the boots i'm looking for. I was cruising through worldrugbyshop, and found these suckers, and noticed a number of test players wear them! http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/departments-...--blk-wht-.html, any words on these buggers? Thank you melon for your reply :)

They seem to have nice leather and from what I have seen and heard of these boots in real life, they seem to be pretty good.

Check out prodirectrugby.com or prodirectsoccer.com

What position do you play?

What kind of feet do you have? Wide/average/narrow? High/low/flat arches?

They seem to have nice leather and from what I have seen and heard of these boots in real life, they seem to be pretty good.

Check out prodirectrugby.com or prodirectsoccer.com

What position do you play?

What kind of feet do you have? Wide/average/narrow? High/low/flat arches? [/b]

"I play hooker, sometimes flanker."

My feet are wide, but not too wide.. arches are.. low, I guess.. I'd say average/normal.

Thank you!

Well it sounds like your feet are relatively normal with a tad bit of width about them.

Would you prefer moulded (FG) boots which include metal blades or traditional screw ins (SG)?

Screw in would be nice, just so I can change the studs depending on the playing area, and if the studs get worn down, I can switch them new ones.

Off Topic: My feet are quite sexy, thank you very much. Relatively normal.. I'll take that as a compliment :p

Normally I would suggest a pair of metal-studded boots, but as you said that you're quite mobile I reckon that the long-bladed boots might be the go. If you play on hard ground that's not often rain-soaked or muddy, I would suggest blades. However if you do play in wet conditions then metal-studded boots would be my choice.

As for the brand of boot, I prefer Adidas. I had my last pair for 3 years and they only just died when I was on a training camp. (Full-leather, not syntho.)

Adidas surely fits the profile. I would like one of those too. Unfortunately, I can't find anything here in Romania. Can't even buy a damn rugby ball in this country.

Screw in would be nice, just so I can change the studs depending on the playing area, and if the studs get worn down, I can switch them new ones.

Off Topic: My feet are quite sexy, thank you very much. Relatively normal.. I'll take that as a compliment :p

[/b]
Check out the SG (Soft Ground - screw ins and metal blades) here.

http://www.prodirectrugby.com/speedshop.as...20Rugby%20Boots
http://www.prodirectrugby.com/speedshop.as...20Rugby%20Boots

You can't go wrong with Adidas and Asics boots in the higher price range.

I see Richie Mccaw using that Adidas Nine 15 III... When i have more money i go to buy one(IN Brazil this type off product is very rarely and the price is very very high).

I see Richie Mccaw using that Adidas Nine 15 III... When i have more money i go to buy one(IN Brazil this type off product is very rarely and the price is very very high).
[/b]

I've used both the Adidas 9:15 and also the Asics Testimonial.

I've not been overly happy with either. The 9:15's were very narrow and as a back row (96 kg) they didn't give me enough support. Similiar story with the Asics.

I would try the Asics again and am looking for some moulded boots for summer pre season training.

My advice would be to keep your moulded boots for summer or icy pitches and use metal studs on everything else.

Personally I wouldn't use blades.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I've used both the Adidas 9:15 and also the Asics Testimonial.

I've not been overly happy with either. The 9:15's were very narrow and as a back row (96 kg) they didn't give me enough support. Similiar story with the Asics.

I would try the Asics again and am looking for some moulded boots for summer pre season training.

My advice would be to keep your moulded boots for summer or icy pitches and use metal studs on everything else.

Personally I wouldn't use blades.
[/b][/quote]

What problems did you find in the Adidas model?

Hi Mate,

The footplate was very narrow and they didn't wear very well. I did get them at the discounted price and it really has made me think about getting another pair. :blink:

However I am testing a new pair today, The Mizuno Morellia moulded. Looks a good boot and feels really comfy. Also another good point is that the screw in stud of this boot has 8 studs and also looks great.

MIZ437_250_1.jpg

I will report back

Get Adidas Predators, best boots I've ever played in.
[/b]

Only problem with Predators is they are a backs boot. There is nowhere near enough grip to scrum properly.

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. Forgot how much 7's takes it out of you.

Right, I had no problems whatsoever with my boots on Saturday. Considering they were fresh out of the box and onto my feet I'm suprised I had no ****les or blisters whatsoever.

Didn't try any place kicks so can't really comment on that.

Any other questions then please ask me :)

I don't know if in Canada sell Mitre's boots.. Mitre is a argentinian brand.. I'm a Prop and I have a pair.. it's a very good brand here in south america..

<div class='quotemain'>
Get Adidas Predators, best boots I've ever played in.
[/b]

Only problem with Predators is they are a backs boot. There is nowhere near enough grip to scrum properly.

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. Forgot how much 7's takes it out of you.

Right, I had no problems whatsoever with my boots on Saturday. Considering they were fresh out of the box and onto my feet I'm suprised I had no ****les or blisters whatsoever.

Didn't try any place kicks so can't really comment on that.

Any other questions then please ask me :)
[/b][/quote]

Do you think the MRLs would be OK for a second row on hard ground?

Latest posts