Need some advise on giving a star

Discussion in 'EA Rugby 08' started by savundra92, Jul 2, 2009.

1. savundra92

savundra92 Guest

Hi and thanks for reading this thread. As you may have noticed Schalk Burger has not been on good form this season like he was in 2004 when he was nominated IRB Player of the year. And so i want to replace his star attributes with another South African loose forward (back row) who deserves it most. But that is the main problem. South Africa thrives in the likes of loose forwards who will be pushing for a bok start in the seasons to come now that Burger is pretty much past his best and finished for the Boks. I would like to pick a player who is rather established and can break tackles like Burger in-game. My list is:

Juan Smith
    Heinrich Brussow
    Pierre Spies
    Ryan Kankowski
    Danie Rossouw

also considering...

Jean Deysel
    Dewald Potgieter
    Duane Vermeulen
    Keegan Daniel
    Ernst Joubert
    Luke Watson
    (I know lots of people hate "The Puke" but he has played well)

It would be greatly appreciated if you place who you think deserves the star attribute.

Many Thanks

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 2 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Pierre Spies for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. man007

man007 Guest

Spies or Kanko

5. savundra92

savundra92 Guest

thanks for your opinions, but i dont think kankowski is established enough. Spies is probably the choice. But he lacks the forward skills that Juan Smith and Heinrich Brussow both have. But Brussow is not established enough either. Then Juan Smith? he is very good but can he break tackles the whole time. Other star attributes i switched were o driscoll to sivivatu, umaga to tuqiri (but will change cos lote is crap and gone), josh lewsey to tom croft (in order for an englishman to ahve a star), montgomery to steyn, wilkinson to giteau (wallabies), spencer to giteau (force), henson to barnes and dallaglio to elsom. So basically i have tuqiri, burger, and croft stars to edit. If you want you can suggest edits to these aswell of your own choice. And i am considering changing frans steyn's star to rob kearney.

6. Scrumit2

Scrumit2 Guest

Must give star to PS. He is a super freak (in a good way) nothing as big as he is should move as fast as he does unless you are talking about the Concorde. I dont know if its the Christian thing or what but i can't believe how under rated he is. I read pulibactions from England, Australia, and NZ and no one gives him the credit he deserves. I'm neither a Bok or a SA Super 14 Team fan but I'm a fanatic for Rugby and that why I can say he deserves the Star. #8's in general dont get the credit they deserve so give it to Spies on principal alone.

7. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

Spies :bravo:

8. savundra92

savundra92 Guest

Ok then in that case i will give schalk burger's star to pierre spies. thanks. and i will give jerry collins break tackle attribute to ryan kankowski. (as collins is getting old and players can tackle him now btw he has no star in rugby06)

9. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 5 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Well Good Luck my friend ;) ;)

10. savundra92

savundra92 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 4 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    any suggestions to tuqiri and croft edits?

11. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 5 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    any suggestions to tuqiri and croft edits?
    [/b][/quote]

Well Tuqiri is pain not only for you but also whole Australia ;)

Hard to give any advices

12. savundra92

savundra92 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 5 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

thank you sir :lol:

13. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 5 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

thank you sir :lol:
    [/b][/quote]

Welcome :p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

14. man007

man007 Guest

Tuqiri to Hosea Gear or more similar to Jongi Nokwe.

15. savundra92

savundra92 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Jul 6 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    actually i have now given tuqiri's star to ugo monye croft's star to juan smith, and steyn's star to kearney. but thanks for the advise to you and everyone else who contributed to this thread lol.

END OF THREAD THANKS (NO MORE ADVISE REQUIRED :cheers: )

16. bc2704

bc2704 Guest

Just to quickly ask how you change stars?

17. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

[​IMG]
    Wait, wait, wait. You took a star OFF BOD?

18. savundra92

savundra92 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bc2704 @ Jul 6 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    what i mean is use the rugby editor by woosah and swap/change the player name. the star is saved onto the player id and you just change the name of the player id eg.

1111 (not real) b. o' driscoll
    face id. 11111

speed 85
    accel. 89

i could change the name, face id and stats on the player id 1111 to pierre spies
    face id. 2222

speed 94
    acceleration 89

hope this helps

19. bc2704

bc2704 Guest

That's fine mate, that's the way I do mine, just thought I'd check to see you were trying a different method.

20. xusky

xusky Guest

Only problem is the commentary, it remains the same. Or can it be changed?? For example when they have the speacial commentary for that player it wont match the new person.

21. bc2704

bc2704 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xusky @ Jul 7 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I wondered that, it's a bit annoying whenever Delon Armitage does well hearing about Henson's class...

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!