• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nelson Mandela passes away. R.I.P

A truly great man, not many can be said to have changed things on a global scale.

R.I.P

He started out a very different figure than the one we now know, prison changed him, realizing that his previous tactics would not bring people together and advance his goal of a free SA. His view change helped ensure SA did not become another Zimbabwe.

He started out a very different figure than the one we now know, prison changed him, realizing that his previous tactics would not bring people together and advance his goal of a free SA.

Very sad indeed.

Mandela in life was such a moderating influence. I just hope the Republic does not explode now that he is gone.

His view change helped ensure SA did not become another Zimbabwe.

Zimbabwe. A salutary lesson for the world on how to turn a breadbasket into a basket case!!

"Death is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace. I believe I have made that effort and that is, therefore, why I will sleep for the eternity." - Nelson Mandela

He started out a very different figure than the one we now know, prison changed him, realizing that his previous tactics would not bring people together and advance his goal of a free SA. His view change helped ensure SA did not become another Zimbabwe.

Very true. I can respect him for the changes he made both in himself and for the country.

This country needs more cool heads like him.

I must say, I didn't I would feel this sad today when I woke up and saw the news this morning.

I think it was aided by the fact that I wrote Legal Ethics last week, and the main court case I had to study, was Mandela's hearing to be scrapped from the bar as attorney. I must say that court case made a difference in my opinion of ethical behaviour and what to fight for and live by.

My town is like a ghost town this morning, my domestic worker came to work today and told me that the busses are nearly empty as the people don't want to go to work, they want to mourn. On the road corners there's no newspaper guys, as all the local newspapers are being reprinted for today.

I expect one massive funeral. Something close to Princess Diana, if not bigger. And by knowing how our Black community celebrates at a funeral, it's going to be a very long funeral. Most probably a week long funeral. Cows will be slaughtered and there will be singing and dancing.

Rus in Vrede Madiba!

Latest posts