• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nelson Mandela's health issues

Superalexmarket

Bench Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Duendes
I know he's a strong figure, with world wide recon, but I wanna hear what the common citizen of southafrica have to say about Nelson Mandela, the good and the bad stuff about him.

I know he's a strong figure, with world wide recon, but I wanna hear what the common citizen of southafrica have to say about Nelson Mandela, the good and the bad stuff about him.

Why would you want to hear that? Everyone knows about the bad and good stuff. It's world reknown news and you can read about it nearly everywhere.

The question should rather be what are our thoughts when he is eventually gone, and the stories going around of "The night of the long knives" and some other stories. Me personally, have tremendous respect for Madiba and what he did post-apartheid. He is seen in the same eyes as Ghandhi and the Pope, not that his religion was relevant but more his humanity.

As for the bad things, he had his reasons, he paid his dues, and got rehabilitated. The rest is history.

if more people could say they left their world a better place than when they entered it due to their own actions there would be a hell of a lot less strife...at least he can

As someone from complete neutral area I would say I've huge respect for what he did for the country but also his passion and resilience when locked up to be freed and still have fight to be in public way and enter politics at a time when it wasn't easy

oh God nooooooooooooooo....I come on this forum for relief from the falseness of this world (well not really...) and BAM, Mandela story runs wild here too...it's...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL over the news...it's been all over the news for so long now...won't he just DIE so we can resume regular news broadcasting please ? I understand the African natives suffered for a long time, and I wish that didn't happen, obviously. But for God's sake, on the news every day, it's "Nelson farted ! Nelson smiled earlier today !!.....Mandela is showing signs of stability in his disease.....Mandela shat 3 kilos today !"...

The hypocrisy in this world is tragic.

oh God nooooooooooooooo....I come on this forum for relief from the falseness of this world (well not really...) and BAM, Mandela story runs wild here too...it's...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL over the news...it's been all over the news for so long now...won't he just DIE so we can resume regular news broadcasting please ? I understand the African natives suffered for a long time, and I wish that didn't happen, obviously. But for God's sake, on the news every day, it's "Nelson farted ! Nelson smiled earlier today !!.....Mandela is showing signs of stability in his disease.....Mandela shat 3 kilos today !"...

Wow

I really hope this is at least 75% an attempted joke 'cos if not, well, you're are going to cop some serious flak for that badly judged post.

I do think yoe has a point about the constant updates with no changes in Mandelas condition(perhaps his humour was misplaced in explaining that....I'll let others decide that for themselves), that the 24 hour news cycle creates. CNN and some of the Canadian sites run like "Breaking...or Updated" and it's hardly any change.

I do think yoe has a point about the constant updates with no changes in Mandelas condition(perhaps his humour was misplaced in explaining that....I'll let others decide that for themselves), that the 24 hour news cycle creates. CNN and some of the Canadian sites run like "Breaking...or Updated" and it's hardly any change.

"a point" ?!!! Little Guy, I love you, but this is the truest thing that's ever been posted on this forum my friend !!! It's ****ing ridiculous. Ridiculous. You have a brain and seem to know exactly what I'm saying.
I know what the apartheid is, I know who Mandela is. I also understand how ridiculous the current situation with the news updates is, mind you.

not cool, you have the choice not to read a thread that quite clearly states what it is about, you dont have the right to wish someone would die

not cool, you have the choice not to read a thread that quite clearly states what it is about, you dont have the right to wish someone would die

I really don't think yoe is actually sitting there wishing Mandela would die...I think he was annoyed with the constant over coverage of the news networks who are circling like vultures in order to drive up ratings...and expressed this frustration poorly.

My sentiments would be summed up by "A good man, an utter shame what he did led to the Zuma government."

Well, it is a bit over the top. On my way to work, I turned the radio off, because they were talking about a hypothetical meeting between Mandela and Obama and what they might have discussed if Mandela was still responsive. They even had 2 "experts" who knew exactly what Mandela would answer to the questions asked by the dj. It's a bit too much. I haven't seen a celebrity get this much attention since Diana in 1997.

And another thing: I am getting sick and tired of all Dutch news websites constantly referring to Apartheid when they have an article about him. Why don't they just call him the former president, but no... It's always Apartheid this, Apartheid that. After 23 years we know. Drop it already! Just report when he's either passed away or recovering, in stead of giving us an hourly update on him still not opening his eyes.

Just to be clear: I have nothing but respect for the man, despite the bad things he has done in the 60s and 70s. This man deserves a better fate rather than being the center of attention for all the wrong reasons. Worst of all, is the ANC itself (the political party of which Mandela was the no. 1 guy for many years. They are electioneering, handing out t-shirts and flyers saying "There's no born-free without a liberator. Vote ANC 2014". How low can you go?

The saddest part is that all the work and effort he put into the development of his country was thrown away by his predecessors.

Well, nothing official has been released about his well-being, but I've seen on dozens of websites he is on life-support and people assume it's because of the relatives fighting over the inheritance and all.

This is the worst post you have ever written! It leaves a very bad taste in my mouth!!

Let me explain what has been going on as it seems that the international media is reporting it the wrong way as usual.

He's 95 years old. He has been in hospital for 21 days. This last week has been touch and go as he went from a stable condition to critical. On Wednesday his family had a meeting in his hometown of Qunu. But the meeting wasn't about him, it was about his 2 grandchildren that has died last year, and the process of moving their graves to his hometown village where the other Mandela-families are buried.

Yesterday his condition got better, but there is no real change visible.

I think everyone should just relax. The reason why he gets this much attention is because he has had such a major impact on so many people's lives. Blacks, Whites, Coloureds, Indians, Asians, Gays, Straight, Islam, Christian, etc. for many he is a father figure, and many see him as a sort of architect of the modern Democracy. (Bear in mind that he wasn't alone, he had help of former president FW De Klerk).

He is a Nobel Peace Prize winner, and has had many accomplishments. Let the people pay tribute, let the people drag on this extended illness and report on every small detail. It's better than hearing about North Korea!!!

Let them indulge in this Great Man's life.

And yoe, please grow up!

Why does everything on this forum turn into an arguement? Nelson Mandela is a cool guy thow suppose people like Brian habana wouldn't have equal rights compared to say someone like John de villiers (or whatever his name is)

I understand why Alex would want to start this thread - I was actually wondering the same myself. Many world figures have been judged internationally as being "good" or "bad", but often the opinion of them in their own countries is far less black and white. I, for one, wasn't sure whether Mandela was as respected by white South Africans (which I think both SA posters here are?) as he is by bascially everyone else in the world. It is actually great to see that he is.

Latest posts