• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New 7 Wonders of the World

G

getofmeland

Currently there is a vote going on to select the New 7 Wonders of the World vote... which can be found here.

So I reckon it would be a good idea to have a list our 7 Wonders of the World... I have put the list of the things being considered in the vote, you can either compile your list from those nominations or add your own...

The Acropolis
Hagia Sophia
The Kremlin/St. Basil's
The Colosseum
Neuschwanstein Castle
The Eiffel Tower
Stonehenge
The Alhambra
The Great Wall of China
Kiyomizu Temple
The Sydney Opera House
Angkor
The Taj Mahal
Timbuktu
Petra
The Pyramids of Giza
The Statue of Christ Redeemer
The Easter Island Statues
Machu Picchu
Chichen Itzá
The Statue of Liberty

So lets here your Suggestions!!!

The Nazca Lines, Teotihaucan, Tikal and Palenque.

Of that list I'd more than second Angkor and Machu Pichu...fecking amazing they are.

1331736643_l.jpg

1343467130_l.jpg

1343468380_l.jpg

1343470518_l.jpg

1343630761_l.jpg

Stonehenge is there but not Newgrange, give me a break, what moron or morons compiled this list?

Niagra Falls anyone? The city maybe really cheesy but the falls are still damn amazing. And remember you want to see it from the Canadian side.

How about the twin towers in KL?

And I'll tell you this when the Dallas Cowboys build their new stadium, it will be the most amazing infastructure on the entire planet.

Niagra Falls anyone? The city maybe really cheesy but the falls are still damn amazing. And remember you want to see it from the Canadian side.
[/b]

These wonders of the world only include man made architecture

My vote would go to the Pyramids(both Egypt or Mexico) or Machu Pichu.

My vote would go to the Pyramids(both Egypt or Mexico) or Machu Pichu.
[/b]

The thing Machu Pichu has going for it is the location...I mean imagine building something like that on a mountain top with no technology to help you. I mean Angkor and Tikal are impressive but they are one big flood plains. Those mountains in Peru are basically 1km straight up from the valley below.

The Nazco lines too....they couldn't even see what they were creating but they did tonnes of them.

If I had to choose my Seven Wonders of the World they would be these... In no particular order....

Stonehenge
Machu Pichu
Easter Island Statues
The Pyramids of Giza
The Great Wall of China
Chichen Itzá
The Statue of Christ Redeemer

Would be interesting to everyone elses list

Would be interesting to everyone elses list
[/b]

Machu Pichu
Angkor
Teotihuacan
Tikal
Nazca Lines
The Pyramids of Giza
Taj Mahal

Top topic this.

My list

Newgrange
Pyramids Giza
Great Wall of China
Machu Pichu
Taj Mahal
The Colosseum
Angkor

Christ the Redeemer Statue has to be on there. Not because of my religious beliefs, but because that's an impressive and imposing figure. It is simply collosal.
rio1.jpg

Great Wall of China
[/b]

Yeah that should have been on my list the more I think about it...probably instead of the Taj Mahal...fantastic as it is it's only one building.

maybe it has something to do with there only being 1 left standing, so they want a modern list, most likely nothing more than an attempt to increase the tourism to these 7 sites that they choose.

Latest posts