New Charles Dance ad for RWC

big ginger 8

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
No idea why I'm doing a thread for it but I do quite like Charles Dance.

Anyway most important thing is that tickets go on sale on the 12th, hadn't realised that.

[video=youtube_share;bl9ahNhH3Cc]http://youtu.be/bl9ahNhH3Cc[/video]

And what about Argentina, IRB??????????? F**k you!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is Hartley in it we all know he won't be there

Also does M.Johnsons inclusion in it mean he will be the next England Coach?

Gotta love Charles Dance.

I will say one thing I have noticed with RWC ads that does kinda miff me (and by the way - this isn't targeting England's campaign as New Zealand's campaign was probably worse). Compared to the Football World Cup which somehow appears like it's going to be some ridiculous, spectacular, amazing party - combined with Nike and Adidas adverts with every high profile player ever, RWC adverts do always appear to be like "Let's put on a really nice show! It'll be a lot of hard work, but we can do it!". It does kinda takes away from some of the fun and spectacle. Why couldn't there be a few more stupid ads with Daniel Carter, Johnny Wilkinson whoever else is recognizable enough (they don't even have to be in the RWC), doing stupid cool rugby stuff...

I think my favourite ad of any rugby ad was the 2005 Lions Tour from Adidas:

That said I could be bitter as there was clearly no All Blacks shirts at all in the advertisement ;). They didn't have to bury the lead, we all know it's ours at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say one thing I have noticed with RWC ads that does kinda miff me (and by the way - this isn't targeting England's campaign as New Zealand's campaign was probably worse). Compared to the Football World Cup which somehow appears like it's going to be some ridiculous, spectacular, amazing party - combined with Nike and Adidas adverts with every high profile player ever, RWC adverts do always appear to be like "Let's put on a really nice show! It'll be a lot of hard work, but we can do it!". It does kinda takes away from some of the fun and spectacle. Why couldn't there be a few more stupid ads with Daniel Carter, Johnny Wilkinson whoever else is recognizable enough (they don't even have to be in the RWC), doing stupid cool rugby stuff...

They're probably taking cues from the success of the Olympics which was marketed in a similar way.

Can anyone provide the full speech? I understand 90% of Dance's speech, but I'm not sure about few words...

And what about Argentina, IRB??????????? F**k you!!!!!!!!!!!

It was quite clearly using only UK based players, hence Johnson in a Springbok Jersey and Ma'afu in a Wallaby one.
The prem based Argentinians are all off playing in the 4N at the moment.

Enjoyed that. Although I'd enjoy anything with Charles Dance, so that's cheating.

I'd like a fun ad too, but bear in mind that the footy ones are done by their corporate sponsors (eg. Adidas) not FIFA themselves. You don't have to advertise for the footy world cup.

They should try and get Daniel Craig to do an ad - big Rugby fan and someone who will appeal far more than anyone from the rugby world.

Latest posts