• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Cycling season

The descents were very close to the end of the race, so it was inevitable that some riders would be taking them flat out. Riders fall off, it's in the job spec, but when the likely winners of both races end up in bits on the Tarmac you have to ask questions.

Glad Armitstead didn't medal. Not because I think she'd been cheating, but just because of the amount of flak and whispering she'd have copped. There would always have been a taint to the medal. This is all self inflicted though, why she didn't challenge the original miss at the time beggars belief and would have saved her all this. Regrets, oh yeah she'll have some.

Looking forward to seeing Laura Trott on the track - heart of a lion.

A transcript would be nice though while it's no real secret about the amount of love between Wiggins and Cavendish after China some context to the word would be nice.

I mean this can be Murray anyone but England level of stich up.

A transcript would be nice though while it's no real secret about the amount of love between Wiggins and Cavendish after China some context to the word would be nice.

I mean this can be Murray anyone but England level of stich up.

Not sure I understood more than a few words of that but hey who cares?!!

Just saying the transcripts would of been nice to get context of the being the hero quote. But that's because the Dail Mails page sucks donkey balls and I had scroll through a bunch of their irrelevant tosh as I thought the article was over.

I don't think he was really having that much of a dig a bunch of hyperbolicence nonsense over a throwaway comment.

Maybe the good old DM hyped or maybe that was as far as he PR wise could go as he ain't going to publicly come out and say stuff like.....

"I hate the tosspot for what he did to me in China cos he is an egotistical, greedy and lucky TdF winner (for which he got a bleeding knighthood for gewd's sake) barsteward"

....is he?

It'll be retirement and 'the book' before we really know how much love lost there still is over China.

Anyway if I were Cav I'd be focusing on the Omnium and not a de facto medal in the Team Pursuit anyway.

Every time the DM post any story like this I just think of this instantly.
[video]https://youtu.be/q3chJN9DCGg[/video]

Last edited:
Didn't even realise Cav was in contention for the pursuit TBH. Quite apart from the teamwork aspect, that's all about sustained power which isn't his real strength. I'm sure he could to a decent job, but there are better options.

And whatever's happened in the past, Wiggo certainly pulled for Cav in 2012. Pretty much unprecedented for the yellow jersey to lead the peloton into the Champs Elysee to set up his sprinter.

I wouldn't be so quick to believe everything Cav says, either. He's a pretty notorious bellend.

At least we have managed to attract some new posters to this thread.....always good!!

Bellend - nah mate, just Manx chippiness!!

I love cycling problem is I can barely comment on it and know very little because most of the big stuff happens while I'm at work. Track cycling is a bit easier to follow.

Last edited:
@Tony Manx Yeah, I read that in the Mail. I usually just ignore the over-hyping stuff, and most stories are interesting.

Think the biggest cheer should go out to Kristin Armstrong (what an unfortunate surname) for beating the Proven Doper Zabelinskaya into 2nd place in the women's TT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done to the British four but also to the Aussies who really pushed them!

Seems Cav has thrown another strop as reports indicate he refused to warm up being the named sub......and fallen out with one of the Brit officials!

Can't wait for his book........!!

Brilliant ride by Cav in TT section of Omnium where he caught the world champion........!!

Individual Pursuit, TT hasn't happened yet. But yeah pretty good this was supposed to be a weak event...

Elimination race quite exciting. Big mistake by Cavendish as it wasnt required he was easially safe but should come out good overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Cav stays in 3rd. Seeing the replay looks like I was little harsh and he had to do it.

4th/5th - 6 points behind
2nd - 8 points ahead
1st - 10 points aheaf

So first day of Vuelta and, on another thread, made my first mistake in that stage two does not end in Baiona (as Bayonne is called in Espagne) but the other Baiona - a beautiful seaside town on the west of Spain with a great campsite!!!

Team time trial has just started (ITV4 highlights) so more at a later time when everyone knows the result!!

I am going for a surprise overall winner but if we are looking at one of the big names, between Valverde and Chaves!!

OK cannot wait any longer......................Peter Kennaugh is in the red jersey!!!!!

Last edited:
Seem to be on my own for La Vuelta this year but have enjoyed it so far!!

Not so much for the racing, that has been pretty boring to be fair, but the vistas of Gallicia are fantastic.

Been lucky to go there several times and have to say one of my favourite places in the world.

But now we move eastward and let's hope the favourites start to make some moves albeit they have protecting their legs for the next two and half weeks!!!

I'll join you Tony!

It's not really caught my imagination yet, but Froome's already handily placed. He's come close a couple of times before and while Sky's team is second string it's still stronger than most. Have any of the other big guns made this their season's priority?

Latest posts