• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Cycling season

Hey Taff....what you think? Cav lost it now to Kittel since he (Cav) became a dad and after his injuries?

Looks like it to me...he was absolutely nowhere (well 3rd!!) today in t'Pool.............

He said before the tour that he wasn't fully fit, and was riding it because it's his home race.
There was no leadout for him today, could see him stuck in traffic as the sprint started, and didn't look overly interested in getting involved.
The riders are saying there's only two real bunch-sprint stages this year, so be interesting to see how Cav feels by the next one.

Edit:

Just heard he(Cav) knocked off by a car, but it wasn't picked up on camera. He's gone to hospital to have his hip examined. That boy doesn't have much luck.

Last edited:
Conspiracy theorists would be having a field day if Contador hadn't managed to avoid Dario Cataldo today.

Watched last Monday's stage before the rest day and thought Sky did really well..............Froome was special but Contador was something else!!

What was the fight over...........pretty damn stupid but when you saw the first rider's reaction to being disqualified, you can see he is a bit of a T*at!!!

Intelligent and super riding for Froome to take 2nd place...........

Last edited:
OK Taff up to speed..................tremendous tour by both Contador and Froome and right that they should end first and second...........reckon you are right about the conspiracy thoughts had he been brought down.....what you think, Contador been drug tested?!!!!!

Believe it or not, I read this before I saw the result of todays stage (was watching the highlights). You therefore did what I tried not to, and told me the result! :p

Of all the places for Contador to win the Tour, who would have bet it would be in the ITT? Froomedog really screwed the pooch with that one.

I think Quintana would have really struggled to get onto the podium, there was so much strength (as expected after the uncontested TdF), and the fact the top 4 were all still attacking each other on the final climb speaks volumes for the quality that was out there.

Contador can still fall off tomorrow, but whilst the final day isn't the same 'Procession de Paris', I highly doubt it.

I did not say who was first and who was second!!!!!

Hehe, no worries.
Going to watch the Tour of Britain highlights now, so no spoilers if you know todays results ;)

Have not watched any of it so you are safe!!! Enjoy.........hope Wiggins is not winning!!

Taff, I see Cav was beaten by Kittel again....................!!

Just saying!!!!

Not sure if you've seen the Time Trial world championship yet Tony, so won't give the results if you're waiting to watch it.
Was on the damn BBC red button, so I missed it, thinking it would be on Eurosports or nowhere.

Not sure how much of a surprise the result was. (I assume you won't be able to miss it in the media, but will give time before saying anything more).

Not sure if you've seen the Time Trial world championship yet Tony, so won't give the results if you're waiting to watch it.
Was on the damn BBC red button, so I missed it, thinking it would be on Eurosports or nowhere.

Not sure how much of a surprise the result was. (I assume you won't be able to miss it in the media, but will give time before saying anything more).

Saw the result my friend!!

Nuff said.......................!!!

The fact that Wiggo has been training up for a return to track showed. Far more powerful, but carrying too much now to contend in GC's. The fact Tony Martin is still so strong is quite incredible.

The fact that Wiggo has been training up for a return to track showed. Far more powerful, but carrying too much now to contend in GC's. The fact Tony Martin is still so strong is quite incredible.

Told you...........nuff said!!!!

Did you watch the tour down under Tony Manx (how do I 'mention' people in posts)?
Porte really impressed me on the penultimate stage, I've never seen him put in acceleration like that before.
Once again the unsung hero has to be Geraint Thomas though. He'd be the GC guy in any other team than SKy. Hope he gets his chance in some of the classics this year, as SKy have said they're going to be targetting the entire season more, not just the GT's.

Did you watch the tour down under Tony Manx (how do I 'mention' people in posts)?
Porte really impressed me on the penultimate stage, I've never seen him put in acceleration like that before.
Once again the unsung hero has to be Geraint Thomas though. He'd be the GC guy in any other team than SKy. Hope he gets his chance in some of the classics this year, as SKy have said they're going to be targetting the entire season more, not just the GT's.
@Rich Taff ...... Yes I did manage to get most of it and really sorry Porte could not manage that other two seconds but you have to take your hat off to Cadell for a fantastic riding week at his age!!

Was there again last year and so can appreciate the heat and the hills around Adelaide which is one of my favorite places!

Could be an interesting season but feel Cav might just have too big a challenger this year in what's his name .....Mikel is it who is incredibly strong? Memory is shot!!!

Edit.....Marcel Kittell.................close to Mikel!!!!

Last edited:
Glad there is a Cycling thread, I watch as many races as can and was at tour de Yorkshire last year in Sheffield at the final climb (Jenkin Hill) I ride a bit also and aim to ride more this year once got some more gear and warmer weather !

Glad there is a Cycling thread, I watch as many races as can and was at tour de Yorkshire last year in Sheffield at the final climb (Jenkin Hill) I ride a bit also and aim to ride more this year once got some more gear and warmer weather !

Hurrah! Taff and I could do with more interested parties here!!

Incidentally, Cav and his beautiful wife were on the plane from IOM to London on Saturday and just been announced that he will ride the Cape Town races soon for the first time after a successful series in Argentina.....presumably with the politically correct number plates!!!!

Thoughts in the one hour record? Or is that too indoorsy for this thread? :O

Latest posts