• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New EA rugby game... for when?

S

soto14

Anyone knows when will we get a new EA Rugby game? I know it's a little soon, but that could give me an idea of when the price of Rugby08 will drop in Spanish shops :)

Dunno exactly. Usually they come out just before summer.

did you check on amazon.co.uk for cheap EA rugby game?

not sure if we will see one this year so soon after the rugby world cup. I think generally speaking ea have allowed 18 months between new releases for the rugby series. it's more likely if they are doing another game maybe with something bold like online play that we won't see it until at least next year

Diego, i don't think 09 will be out personally, especially as the RWC has just finished, the new game would be inferior, unless they suddenly get all the licences and really improve the game. EA tend to do updates of games, rather than new versions.

However, you may be pleased to know that there is the Spanish National Team and Cetransa El Salvador in the MegaUpdatePatch. It's something i guess.

Looking at the release dates Rugby 2005 and 2006 (non world cup year) the next game should release Feb 2009, thats around about the time 6-nations and Super 14 begins. This is if another rugby game is being made.

I'm not sure how Rugby 05, 06 and 08 did in terms of sales and revenue generated. Anybody got any info?

Latest posts