• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Expat - Overseas rugby TV coverage

Rugbyexpat

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Ireland
Hi all, first post from me. I became an expat this year (UK to US) and could really use some help on how to get access to TV coverage of matches (tests, Rabo, Aviva). Not only am I missing them (Autumn Internationals a case in point) but my 11 year old boy is not happy with me.....Any suggestions for useful methods? I've found various streaming websites but can't tell whether they are scams or not. Thanks.

In the US, DirecTV shows a lot of rugby. Not sure if they also cover the club rugby in Europe though

I have DirecTV, but in order to get rugby coverage you have to sign up for Fox Soccer Plus (about $15 a month). It shows some - not all - of the northern hemi games, both union and league. (You can get other Fox soccer channels that show the occasional match, like the fall internationals, but Fox Soccer Plus is their main rugby channel).

http://www.foxsoccerplus.com/

Now, for some reason that DirecTV can't explain, I also get southern hemi matches (Super Rugby, ITM, Currie, RC) on channel 490 (and sometimes 489). I believe it may be an 'overflow' channel for Fox...but I'm just not sure. I get EVERY game of these matches, live, so a DVR is a must...unless you want to sit up all night watching. Like I do...sometimes. :p

The advantage to getting DTV with a DVR is that you can rewind, rewatch, and save the matches, something not always possible when watching on-line (unless you download a game for keeps).

Hope that helps!

das

Congrats on moving to the US by the way, did the same a year and a half for uni.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts