• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New forum

dasNdanger

First XV
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
New Zealand
Is it possible to have a separate forum where we can beetch and complain about referees? 'Cause that seems quite the popular thing to do these days. And yes...I make this request half seriously, and half in jest.

das

I will take the jesting!!!

They are together as a group no better and no worse than in years gone by despite the increase and changes in complex rules!!!!

What has got worse is the increase in numbers of one eyed spectator being offended by every missed opportunity for gaining a penalty for their side or having one given against them!!!

It really is a minuscule rareness that prevents or assists one side beating another when either they do anyway or should have done despite said decision!!!!

TV replays ad nauseam do them no favours and would not have done those of bygone eras either!!

Sooner that everyone, especially the idiots, get over the fact that any of them are crooked or biased or (even swayed), the better!!

It is a fact of life that some people are better at things than others and most people have their own views and interpretations.

This can and should be sorted to some extent by their talking to each other and training courses. I do believe this happens especially when you get one hemispheres' refs traveling to the other for tours and championships. They do not spend all the time between matches sunbathing and playing golf!!!

I saw a bit on a rugby programme where the panel of refs get together on such occasions and discussed reffing. They are adjudicated after every match in addition!

They are genuine guys with a great love of the game who put up with a lot of derision and, yes, hatred when really they could do with support and thanks!!

Yours

One who has never reffed but has grown out of being the most one-eyed critic of all and every ref!!!!!!

the critics of refs are the ones who have never done it, i reffed a few times in my younger days and it is a very difficult job and there are practically no compliments........ before critizin, try it, and then wonder why you stop and then consider how difficult it really is !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately referees will be criticised. In any and every sport - anything where human error can play a part is going to become something that can be criticised.

Latest posts