Club or Nation
Argentina
New Logo:

131218051050358799.jpg

Old Logo:

131218051053574294.jpg

What do you think?

Cheers

New one is an improvement, though I would have preferred (if they're changing it anyway) to see a leaping cat, sort of like the leaping springbok on SA's logo. Still, the new logo suggests more confidence than the old one.

das

Like it! Small improvements, doesn't stray from tradition. When does this go into effect?

Definitely an improvement - hope they can come up with something like that when it comes to their shirts...;)

Last edited:
wowwwww....what a...change. Very exciting for the locals I'm sure..

wowwwww....what a...change. Very exciting for the locals I'm sure..

Haha don't sound too thrilled !! ;)

All they have done is turned the puma round ?

Well it looks like a jaguar but I guess it's a puma from the nickname ?

I'm confused

well yeah come on, isn't this a bit ridiculous ? Never seen such an incredibly ineffective change for a logo ! This would be a good idea for a comedy sketch...

Presenting !!..........*long tom drum roll* OUR NEW LOGO !!!!!
*complete silence in room* *one guy coughs way back in the room*

then you start seeing people leaving the room without saying anything.

It's an improvement, but not much. I personally think they should have ditched the shield altogether and just had a leaping Puma with 'Los Pumas' under it - would keep be simpler and more elegant, and would keep it consistent with the only other 2 animal logo teams in the SH.

I guess it should be called an update rather than a new logo. It does look slightly better though.

Haha don't sound too thrilled !! ;)

All they have done is turned the puma round ?

Well it looks like a jaguar but I guess it's a puma from the nickname ?

I'm confused

Yeah, it's true, the animal in the logo is a jaguar, isn't a cougar. In fact, the animal in the logo has always been a jaguar but the team is known as the Cougars (The Pumas) by a big mistake.

On a tour to South Africa, Argentina achieved their first major victories in the history, the team beat the Juniors Springboks on 19 June 1965. Then a South African journalist said: "The Cougars won," the story says that the journalist saw the team logo (which actually had a jaguar) and maybe he thought that Argentina had no jaguars, then it must be a puma (cougar) badly drawn. Then, a South African newspaper reported that "The Cougars had won" and since then, the team is known as "The Cougars" (Los Pumas in Spanish) although the animal in the logo is a jaguar.

Game Overview:

JUNIOR SPRINGBOKS 6 - THE PUMAS 11

Junior Springboks: Pretorius; Serfontein, Ackermann, Van der Schyff, Wiggett; Bladen, Du Preez; Claasen, Slabber, Du Piesanie; Irvine, Claasen; Storm, Van Rensburg y Dercksen.

The Pumas: Cazenave, Neri, Pascual, Rodríguez Jurado, España; Poggi, Etchegaray; Loyola, Silva, Scharenberg; Schmidt, Otaño; Foster, González del Solar y García Yáñez.

Points for the Junior Springboks: Two tries by Du Preez.
Points for the Junior Springboks: Tries by Pascual, Spain and Loyola conversion by Poggi.
Referee: Piet Robberttze.
Crowd: 40.000 people.
Stadium: Ellis Park - Johannesburg, South Africa.
Played on June 19, 1965.

well yeah come on, isn't this a bit ridiculous ? Never seen such an incredibly ineffective change for a logo ! This would be a good idea for a comedy sketch...

Presenting !!..........*long tom drum roll* OUR NEW LOGO !!!!!
*complete silence in room* *one guy coughs way back in the room*

then you start seeing people leaving the room without saying anything.

Well, well... You always write ridiculous things and I say nothing. Here, many people don't appreciate u, though I never said anything against u

Last edited:
It's an improvement, but not much. I personally think they should have ditched the shield altogether and just had a leaping Puma with 'Los Pumas' under it - would keep be simpler and more elegant, and would keep it consistent with the only other 2 animal logo teams in the SH.

Or.....

LosPumas.png

NOTE: And for the observant, yes I did pinch and modify the Jacksonville Jaguars logo for the leaping Puma.

Latest posts