• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New look Ireland line up!

girvanfan

Academy Player
Enough is enough, after Saturday's damp squib it's surely time to get rid of the old guard.

The Churchill Cup victory over England in 2009 was the most impressive display by an Irish team for decades. Ireland showed passion, confidence and belief. Every player was outstanding and could have justified a 'man of the match'.
We need to model the national team on that performance and incorporate the nucleus of that side now, if we have any chance of fulfilling our potential in either the Six Nations or more importantly, next years World Cup.
For example, it's time to bring in Fergus McFadden and replace O'Driscoll, who, lets face it, hasn't delivered for years; Isaac Boss is playing superbly well and better than O'Leary, Reddan or Stringer; Sean Cronin would be better on the pitch rather than warming his backside on the bench; At last Devin Toner is being given an opportunity - he's the new Malcolm Kelly; and Sean O'Brien is yards quicker than a spent force like David Wallace.

Leinster fan i take it?

So your saying 2009 when BOD pretty much did everything he could have to win IRB player of the year he was s*th. Boss has been playing pretty averagely O'leary is injured Reddan had a terrible game an should be dropped. Cronin deserves his chance i agree. Toner is not the new MOK he has been pretty solid but in a full strength team would not play. SOB I agree with you there too.

So Cronin and SOB are in the team because of playing well Toner is because we don't have anyone but MOD who well sucks.

Last edited:
Enough is enough, after Saturday's damp squib it's surely time to get rid of the old guard.

The Churchill Cup victory over England in 2009 was the most impressive display by an Irish team for decades. Ireland showed passion, confidence and belief. Every player was outstanding and could have justified a 'man of the match'.
We need to model the national team on that performance and incorporate the nucleus of that side now, if we have any chance of fulfilling our potential in either the Six Nations or more importantly, next years World Cup.
For example, it's time to bring in Fergus McFadden and replace O'Driscoll, who, lets face it, hasn't delivered for years; Isaac Boss is playing superbly well and better than O'Leary, Reddan or Stringer; Sean Cronin would be better on the pitch rather than warming his backside on the bench; At last Devin Toner is being given an opportunity - he's the new Malcolm Kelly; and Sean O'Brien is yards quicker than a spent force like David Wallace.

Disagree with everything, including the font. I like the idea of spell checking your posts with Microsoft Word, but it doesn't quite turn out right on the forum.

He he, the Irish have got their very own rugby_writer it seems

That is quite unfortunate it must be said

(Just further adding to the pointlessness of this thread)

Boss better than Stringer!? MacFadden on the team!? Wallace a sent force!?

Wow you really make me appriciate the balance and knowledge of the Leinster fans on this site previous to this.

O'Driscoll hasn't delivered in years? 2009 he was six nations man of the tounament, rightful irb player of the year, in a Leinster team that won the Heineken cup and a lion. IMO 2009 is O'driscolls most successful year in his career. In 2009 he lead Ireland to become unbeaten his leadership through example was outstanding and he truely has become a great Ireland legend. you suggest that less than a year from a world cup we dump our captain and perhaps our greatest ever player and pick an uncapped player who is not first choice in his province to fill his position. I DONT THINK SO? Also Wallace is defintly not a out yet. He is not in his best form but he is still a solid player and I'm sure he will fight for his place.

Coonor that's a Leinster fan you putting down :)
BOD back playing AIL is his next call :D

however he makes a good point n the 2009 churchill cup victory if we take a look to see whos included in the squad from that game
J. Murphy, Sexton, Boss, Healy, Cronin, Buckley, Ryan, Toner,, Henry ( henry has just been added)
Muldoon,

so from that hreat win some players have progressed

Coonor that's a Leinster fan you putting down :)
BOD back playing AIL is his next call :D

true but its a Leinster LEGEND i'm sticking up for.
Then again Why not drop Irelands greatest player, captain and probably the best centre ever!!:lol:

Conal I agree it is good to see some progress but in all honesty excluding England we beat nobody really and bit of a difference playing the USA and likes of New Zealand.

Latest posts