• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New movie for you!

Originally posted by kinkon89@Jan 28 2005, 09:34 PM
yea true but this aint soccer cos most times theres a try in rugby its clapping like wcr...they got it rite.

plus i dont feel to be bossy but lox wud it be possible if u slowed down your type of playing juss be patient and slow down the ruck juss like england!

aye thanx lox for all these videos and im sorry if im being rude or ungratefull.
WCR crowd was awful, when Wales score a try against NZ or SA here at the Millenium everyone goes crazy. This excitement should be included in the new Rugby 2005. If you score a try in the last minute to beat your friend 25-24, a polite clap is not what iI would want.

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Jan 29 2005, 02:06 AM
We all hate windows - it sucks, but at least you can see the video
*sigh*

All one of us hate Windows

I'm yet to be even remotely impressed by anything ive seen in a video for this game.

And Twickenham looks absolutely **** - ince when has the secutity box been a siamese twin of the south stand. Amateurs.

Well, you probably don't like rugby games then..... what would 'impress' you??? If Twickenham looking **** is your only concern well its not a major.

How does Twickers look ****? I'm not an English rugby fan so I don't know how it's meant to look exactly but it looks impressive to my eye.

Originally posted by woodie@Jan 29 2005, 10:01 AM
And Twickenham looks absolutely ****
Absolutely ****??????

Okay, I've been there a couple times, and maybe I don't know it in and out like you do, but it looks absolutely fine for my eyes.

Originally posted by sean43+Jan 29 2005, 09:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Jan 29 2005, 09:34 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Jan 28 2005, 09:34 PM
yea true but this aint soccer cos most times theres a try in rugby its clapping like wcr...they got it rite.

plus i dont feel to be bossy but lox wud it be possible if u slowed down your type of playing juss be patient and slow down the ruck juss like england!

aye thanx lox for all these videos and im sorry if im being rude or ungratefull.
WCR crowd was awful, when Wales score a try against NZ or SA here at the Millenium everyone goes crazy. This excitement should be included in the new Rugby 2005. If you score a try in the last minute to beat your friend 25-24, a polite clap is not what iI would want. [/b]
o yeah neva thought of that
<

cos i live in australia and sometimes they do that....either its boring to watch the wallabies win all the time...or australia's boring..lol jokes

it'll be good to hear the crowd go wild only at last minute tries...then straight away the crowd sings their local chant!
<

Originally posted by kinkon89+Jan 29 2005, 02:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Jan 29 2005, 02:13 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sean43@Jan 29 2005, 09:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Jan 28 2005, 09:34 PM

WCR crowd was awful, when Wales score a try against NZ or SA here at the Millenium everyone goes crazy. This excitement should be included in the new Rugby 2005. If you score a try in the last minute to beat your friend 25-24, a polite clap is not what iI would want.
o yeah neva thought of that
<

cos i live in australia and sometimes they do that....either its boring to watch the wallabies win all the time...or australia's boring..lol jokes

it'll be good to hear the crowd go wild only at last minute tries...then straight away the crowd sings their local chant!
<
[/b]
What?

The crowd going wild factor at a try must surely be an easy fix

I AM AMAZED that finally someone got the camera angle right! It is similar to the JLR default camera which follows play down the sideline until it gets to the 22. Then it stops and turns.....so you get a 3D view of the goal line where you can judge length and width more accurately. When I saw it then tears came to my eyes.

I did not see any diving miss tackles (JLR, Madden). The problem with WCR is when you did a low tackle that was out of range then nothing happened, you just carried on chasing the player until you were in range. The beauty of JLR was that if you went for a dive tackle and were out of range then the animation had you on the ground and OUT OF THE PLAY. This miss is vital sometimes when an attacker is trying to create something. Sometimes there can be 5 defenders on the ground from missed tackles which would significantly have an affect at the next ruck.

Despite that, this looks like the closest rugby sim yet.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jan 29 2005, 04:01 PM
The crowd going wild factor at a try must surely be an easy fix

I AM AMAZED that finally someone got the camera angle right! It is similar to the JLR default camera which follows play down the sideline until it gets to the 22. Then it stops and turns.....so you get a 3D view of the goal line where you can judge length and width more accurately. When I saw it then tears came to my eyes.

I did not see any diving miss tackles (JLR, Madden). The problem with WCR is when you did a low tackle that was out of range then nothing happened, you just carried on chasing the player until you were in range. The beauty of JLR was that if you went for a dive tackle and were out of range then the animation had you on the ground and OUT OF THE PLAY. This miss is vital sometimes when an attacker is trying to create something. Sometimes there can be 5 defenders on the ground from missed tackles which would significantly have an affect at the next ruck.

Despite that, this looks like the closest rugby sim yet.
Their are diving tackles in the game, although None in any clips... also not too many huge hits in those clips - AI must be going easy on him
<

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 29 2005, 03:28 PM
Their are diving tackles in the game, although None in any clips... also not too many huge hits in those clips - AI must be going easy on him
<
What I meant was can you activate the dive tackle and miss altogether and end up lying on the ground. Or does the programme not activate a tackle animation until you are in range and then it makes you tackle.

Soccer games had the sliding tackle open to misses.

Latest posts