• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New movies, tomorrow, 11am UK time

lol u must be a fan of sideview.....like me???
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 23 2005, 01:32 PM
Mmmmmmm - kick off has occurred.....is in classic 2 view...have paused and shaken my head.

Will resume belatedly...
<
<
<
<
<
<

One day, Los Lover, one day you'll get your precious sideview
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 23 2005, 01:32 PM
Mmmmmmm - kick off has occurred.....is in classic 2 view...have paused and shaken my head.

Will resume belatedly...
YEAH MAN

who needs to sit in the cheap seats - i certainly dont
<

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 23 2005, 01:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 23 2005, 01:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 23 2005, 01:32 PM

Will resume belatedly...
<
<
<
<
<
<

<
[/b]
one day?
<

Originally posted by kinkon89+Feb 23 2005, 01:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Feb 23 2005, 01:43 PM)</div>
Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 23 2005, 01:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover

Will resume belatedly...

<
<
<
<
<
<

<
one day?
<
[/b]
Well, if Locks doesn't sort it out, you Sideys gonna have to wait till you own the game.

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 23 2005, 01:53 PM
why one day?
What the **** kinkon, you're scaring me!
<

Fine, some day, SOME day in the near future you'll get all the sideview you can handle!

Is that better?

I liked 'one' day better... more of a rhythm to that then 'some'
<

... now where's my shilaley...

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 23 2005, 01:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 23 2005, 01:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Feb 23 2005, 01:53 PM
why one day?
What the **** kinkon, you're scaring me!
<

Fine, some day, SOME day in the near future you'll get all the sideview you can handle!

Is that better? [/b]
yes...thats better*sigh*
<

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 23 2005, 01:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 23 2005, 01:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover

Will resume belatedly...
<
<
<
<
<
<

<
[/b]
Hehehe!!
<

I know...I can't help it!!

- totally agree AK47...

Actually, I would like to raise what I believe is a really valid issue regarding the "hard" level of Rugby 2005 as it pertains to Locksley's problems scoring tries etc against hard AI.

Bearing in mind I have not played the game.....even with this tackle animation has begun thing in mind....I think the problem stems from two problems brought about by the classic 2 view....yeah, I'm going there!

1. Because there is always a little bit of space ahead of the first-five, Locksley often runs for a bit or tries to pierce this gap - the view makes it seem almost possible though it rarely is (if ever) - this shuts down his own backs and confines his attack too much to the middle of the park. On side view he would hunt greater gaps - and spot where the defence was not sliding etc....

2. the pre-pass techninque I believe could have heralded more space for Locks at times and especially if the first-five did not run with it. Though obviously the small screen thingy he has to use means he is probably far better on his tv etc...

One last thing - I notice in classic 2 view (this could be construed as a negative point again for you classic 2 viewers, although it's your own fault) that you sometimes can't spot overlaps etc - because the screen doesn't cover all of the field sideways.....This is a massive advantage of side view.

Damn! The last part of my first half video hadn't loaded....was loving it...

See when Locksley took the BIG hits relentlessly, culminating in an enormous spear tackle (lol!) which turned the ball over, only to smash their first runner of the ensuing ruck (26th minute) - So real! I could feel it man.....

There are definitely bad issues with the game if you look for them....But apart from pop balls....I don't have many at all.

- Can't be home team for Lions
- Can't play, say, four players on one team (hehe! hey! It's fun.)
- Suspect grubber could be defunct
- Is jump catch just for show? Looks good, but does it mean shizzle?
- Can I change the lengths of games mid-tournament, like a 40 minute WC final?

As you can see, some of my issues are unanswered questions...even now!

But really, I disagree more than I agree with criticism of

- kicking (punts) - seem fine and the ball is easy enough to catch or pick up and run with (remember 2004?)
- The pre-pass for quick hands is impressive (although pop pass not been is ridiculous I agree)

At least we could agree that the games we have watched have all had their little moments and have displayed a lack of sameness that would get any gamer who has relished a half-decent rugby game excited.

- You CAN beat dudes with steps. fends etc - hell, I've seen it on the videos on ALL levels...Locksley isn't as good as he will be on the gmae now, even if he believes this to be so (not saying he does)
- You can run back on the inside shoulders of defenders and beat them - momentum and angles respected....(remember 2004?)
- There are on-the-fly plays
- Some good player likenesses - even if Sam Tuitupou seems to be playing for every team with a black guy in it! lol!!

I think space is under-utilised in the videos and I plan to exploit it !!!!!

Wahooooooooooooooooo!!
<
<
<
<

Side view! Side view! Side view!!!!

At 15:13 in the first half of the PCI vs BAR game, Olly Barkley receives the ball around just right of midfield, nearly halfway between his own 22 and 10 line and hits a kick ...

Now is that kick not longer then the majority of kicks we've seen?... and I'm talking about before it hits the ground... there is good distance in the kick and also good height, making drop goals/field position a very real possibility!

that kind of kicking looks very playable - you just make sure you pass it to a decent kicker of the ball and have a little bit of time

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 23 2005, 02:25 PM
that kind of kicking looks very playable - you just make sure you pass it to a decent kicker of the ball and have a little bit of time
I've secretly been thinking this for awhile, that the ball needs to be given to your proper kicker/hoofer and they can lay the boot on quite thick.

I mean, it's not like we're gonna get any good kicks out of Locks, he's a League man.

Was that outloud?
<

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 23 2005, 07:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 23 2005, 07:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Feb 23 2005, 02:25 PM

I've secretly been thinking this for awhile, that the ball needs to be given to your proper kicker/hoofer and they can lay the boot on quite thick.

I mean, it's not like we're gonna get any good kicks out of Locks, he's a League man.

Was that outloud?
<
[/b]
The plot thickens.....

I think I see the principle behind the relentless hit ups....

also the classic 2 view...

An Et's Rugby League lover back in the day Locksley? (I was too - for years)

Hey Los, can you download that old game somewhere, never played it, but wouldn't mind giving it a go until mid-march.
<

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 23 2005, 09:20 PM
Hey Los, can you download that old game somewhere, never played it, but wouldn't mind giving it a go until mid-march.
<
I wish I knew...

It was on the Amiga though!

Ah.....the good ol' days....

No worries with pop the ball there! Used to do like fifty in the lead-up to a try while making five metres!! Lol!!

Oh man.....

Latest posts