• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New News!

Not being able to read is just the beggining
<

from ign

Guide FAQs Cheats Reviews Previews News Features

E3 2005: Rugby Challenge 2006
Hip Games shows some new Rugby. Are you up to the challenge?
by Ivan Sulic
May 20, 2005 - Even though it's not yet confirmed for North American release, Hip Games and Swordfish Studios' Rugby Challenge 2006 was being shown at the 2005 E3. We had an opportunity to see the game and speak with one of the developers. And because of that we can offer up a few notable details regarding the ***le even though we didn't have an opportunity to actually lay our hands on the build shown.

Unlike last year, Rugby Challenge 2006 will feature all European licenses, save for France. It will also feature the Celtic Clubs and Euro Clubs as well as all Super 12 teams. Individual player likenesses are even being worked on. So this game is definitely official.
In terms of modes, Rugby Challenge 2006 boasts World Cup, Three Nations, Heineken / Guinness Cup, Tours (which are of course intercontinental), Leagues and Cups. According to Hip Games, the last two "fully take advantage of the licenses," though we unfortunately didn't have the time for Hip to detail how exactly they did that. In any event, each mode is said to be completely customizable.

In addition to those mainstays, the game will also feature a series of side challenges and extras. Expect to be able to relive classic matches from 15 years ago. Also anticipate playing around with the Survival and Hot Potato mini-games, among others. Challenge 2006 even boasts an Old Time Rugby mode that replicates the used and tattered black & white film reels of the eras its trying to portray. But, the deepest mode in the game will undoubtedly be Career, which lets players start their own Rugby franchise from the bottom up, eventually working into the big leagues and buying and trading players as they go.

Some other basic Rugby Challenge 2006 features include:

Six camera angles.
Seven stadiums (four of them licensed).
Extensive training and tutorial modes.
Variable weather conditions.
Hopefully a North American release will be announced shortly. Whether it is or not, expect additional information to start coming in before the game launches this September across applicable PAL territories.

[Editor's Note: Please forgive Ivan for any Rugby inaccuracies or slights that may be in this article. He's not the biggest Rugby player on the planet and he also hasn't slept for about six days. E3 can make even the most steely games editor wobbly, after all.]

gamerseurope.com

Stars Sign up to Rugby Challenge 2006

2005-08-02
Hip Europe has announced the full lineup of rugby stars who will be on the front cover of the upcoming Rugby Challenge 2006.

England’s Josh Lewsey, Wales’s Shane Williams, Scotland’s Chris Paterson and Ireland’s Geordan Murphy have been signed to endorse the ***le, to be released this Q3 on PS2, Xbox and PC.

John Inverdale, the BBC journalist and analyst, together with Dewi Morris, former England and British Lion’s star, more recently seen in his capacity as a rugby pundit on Sky Sports, will add the commentary to the game.

And if you look really hard in the stadiums, you can see Mark being dragged from his seat by a team of riot police.

Thats better than Stuart Barnes commentary like last year.

No Bill McLaren though...
<

mite i add that ian and trev promised us(those who signedup)...that we are playable footballers!
so im thinking in there career mode we will be free agents or rookies an stuff!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!

or ill just settle for create-a-player

this game has good vibe to it.....
something along the lines of jlr 2006......

I thought that we would just be the names of the fictional/unlicensed players. But I hope the unlicensed players are just like typos this time to make it easier to figure out who they are. e.g D Carta

Super 12? f*** Yeah!

Guess who just earnt the Privilege of me buying their game.

Originally posted by JJ-@Aug 7 2005, 11:43 AM
I thought that we would just be the names of the fictional/unlicensed players. But I hope the unlicensed players are just like typos this time to make it easier to figure out who they are. e.g D Carta
Yeah but Ian said it was for a new feature didn't he? I also hope they just have typos for the unlicensed teams.

Latest posts