• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New project idea for 2009-10 season

We can swap Calvisano with another team, i.e Viadana or another team .. maybe Spanish.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put Viadana in the game, seeing as they're playing in the Heineken Cup next season?

Fa'atau I've seen that if there is more then 30 teams in a "FeGroup" eg. "european" that the game crashes if you click on "Squad Management", so I guess there is somewhere a limit to how many teams can be in a group...?

So I was thinking, seeing as there is already 30 teams in the european FeGroup and only 14 teams in the super14 FeGroup that we change the names of the of these groups to "clubs" and "clubs1" or something so that we can have the other new teams like Toulon and Racing Metro ect... in one of these groups.

So the FeGroup "clubs"(the old "european") will have the same teams as its got now(French, English, Welsh & Irish teams) and the FeGroup "clubs1"(the old "super14") will have the current 14 teams of NZ, SA and Aus + new teams like Toulon, Racing Metro, Blue Bulls, Natal Sharks, Auckland, Wellington ect....or we could just mix the teams...arrange the teams by name...?

What do you think?

Just want to give a list of things that I'm editing/working on:

Updating fixtures for the 2009-2010 season:
*Super 14 2009
*6 Nations 2009
*Guinness Premiership 2009-2010
*Heineken Cup 2009-2010
*Tri-Nations 2009 (Teams will still play each other only 2 times, nothing I can do about it)
**still to do the RWC 2011 fixtures

Editing the .english file:
*Changing the names of teams
*Changing the names of stadiums
*Menu text
*Other text

Adding new stadiums:
*North Harbour Stadium, Albany
*Rugby Park Stadium, Invercargill
*GWK Park, Kimberley
*FMG Stadium, Palmerston North
*Yarrow Stadium, New Plymouth
*Croke Park, Dublin
**still to add more

Adding new teams:
*Toulon
*Racing Metro
*Brive
*Viadana
*Natal Sharks
*Blue Bulls
*Western Province
*Leeds
*Wellington Lions
*Canterbury
*Auckland
*Emerging Boks
*England Saxons
**still to add more depending on how many players are available after filling these teams above

Updating the stadium preview images:
Previews:
rugby082009072920440225.jpg
rugby082009072920431251.jpg
rugby082009072920435362.jpg

**for now I am using only 1 image for all conditions of a stadium as it very hard to find high-res pics for all the stadiums, not all the stadiums will have new preview images and will only be updated when a suitable pic of that stadium is found.

Creating new conditions for stadiums:
*Where a stadium like Vodacom Park - Bloemfontein only had 1 condition like "day" it will now have a "night" condition too.

Editing the roster:
As usual :D . The European teams will be for the 2009-2010 season and the Super 14 teams will be for the 2009 season, so this will mean a player like Jean de Villiers will be in the Stormers and Munster squads untill the Super 14 teams are updated for the 2010 season.

These are the files that I'm editing:
*2e3bf72385c97f02da9f19bf5c07e09b.rsg - Super 14 fixtures
*ee50cb1532aa2b2000b3c4d2290851e5.rsg - 6 Nations fixtures
*f65527b45fcb7bf6322c17acf2e65f41.rsg - Guinness Premiership fixtures
*2f4f71b0a4dec8b511d685425019a33f.rsg - Heineken Cup fixtures
*27f224714b2839695c21a148b77fa99b.rsg - Tri-Nations fixtures
*be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml - Teams info
*456c6d548b2e7a8a1d9c7016d63d7bfe.xml - Stadiums pads & adds info
*119ba3f37fe7a31c2b2ee45ceeafa091.xml - Stadiums info
*53c83ad71865b7bf73f61e1ec42dee0f.xml - Conditions info (day, night, overcst ect..)
*dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.english - Text of the menu's, teams ect...
*Rugby08.ros - The roster file + the .rdf file

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jul 29 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
*Where a stadium like Vodacom Park - Bloemfontein only had 1 condition like "day" it will now have a "night" condition too.[/b]

Will this apply for the World League too? Because im sick of playing every single game a with Cardiff Blues in the pouring rain :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jul 29 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jul 29 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Where a stadium like Vodacom Park - Bloemfontein only had 1 condition like "day" it will now have a "night" condition too.[/b]

Will this apply for the World League too? Because im sick of playing every single game a with Cardiff Blues in the pouring rain :p
[/b][/quote]

Good question, I haven't tested this out in the WL yet...will have to test it first and get back to you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bigni @ Jul 29 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi can you create some argentinian teams in your patch? like HINDU or CASI?[/b]

That won't be possible at this moment as we are limited to how many players can be in the roster, at this moment there are barely enough players in the roster to fill these current "new" teams of this patch.Hopefully in the future we can create these Argentinian teams but not now.

Okay seeing as Brive will be in the Heineken Cup this season and Montauban won't I'm gona swap these two teams around and seeing as Calvisano is no more I'm gonna replace them with Viadana.So here is the updated teams list:

Euro All Stars - Toulon
South All Stars - Racing Metro
Super 12 All Stars - Brive
Calvisano - Viadana
World All Stars - Natal Sharks
Jr. All Blacks - Blue Bulls
Cats - Western Province
Leeds - Stays the same, just gets "activated"
North All Stars -Wellington Lions
Chile - Canterbury (Might activate Chile and de-activate Russia, still planning...)
Tunisia - Auckland
Rotherham - Emerging Boks
Earth ***ans - England Saxons

Even though you are taking montauban out of the game will you still be able to keep Vilimoni Delasau in the roster. Thanks

Will the new Cardiff 'City Stadium' be added to the new patch seeing as the Blues are moving out? Would be cool to keep the Arms Park on the game as Rugby will still be played there, just at a lower level. I mean it's a pretty famous stadium so would be worth it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jul 31 2009, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Will the new Cardiff 'City Stadium' be added to the new patch seeing as the Blues are moving out? Would be cool to keep the Arms Park on the game as Rugby will still be played there, just at a lower level. I mean it's a pretty famous stadium so would be worth it.[/b]

Yes I'm gonna try to make it so that you don't loose any of the default stadiums like Lansdowne Road, Cardiff Arms Park ect...but just adding new stadiums.

hey just two poitnts to ask

on the new update what is the maximum number of players in the squad will it be 30 or more. if so i can help with the sale squad if you want???

Also just been on rugby manager 2005 and was wondering is there any way anyone can create a update for that game??

cheers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sheridansharks @ Jul 31 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hey just two poitnts to ask

on the new update what is the maximum number of players in the squad will it be 30 or more. if so i can help with the sale squad if you want???

Also just been on rugby manager 2005 and was wondering is there any way anyone can create a update for that game??

cheers[/b]

All the squads will still only have 30 players in them, that limit can't be changed.

Fa'atau can you create a list of people who are going to work on this patch and who is going to do what so that there isn't any "double work" and stuff...We really need to get going with this patch.

Latest posts