• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New project idea for 2009-10 season

I might make one up then. Purely because it'd make the game a little more interesting.

i would be willing to search for stats/pics for any upcoming mods and updates, and maybe with some work might eventually get into some proper modding

I think we should replace Calvisano with Roma Futura Park....they will enjoy the erc cup this year...I have also made the kits and minikits...I will post them soon... ps I have update also Treviso Home kit and minikit...

Do we have a name for this patch? How about Rugby 2010?

If we get everyone involved and make it bigger than MUP, we should also give this new big patch a section of its own. So the index looks like this: The Rugby Forum > Rugby Gaming (members only) > EA Sports Rugby Series > Rugby 2010 Mod. Then in this topic, we break into threads by jobs. So one thread where it all comes together and then one facemakers thread, one rosters thread, one kitmakers thread... ect.

I could help with some aspects of this patch. I made minikits and helped with rosters for the SANZAR mod however my minikits aren't really that good quality. I could definately help with rosters though.

But if we all reckon we could turn this into something big, we need to make that new section, so people see the new section and check it out, meaning more people getting involved. Also it would make organising things easier.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Sep 14 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok kitmakers get ready to make away kits for Australia and Argentina :D .As seen below I've found a way to get these two teams to have away kits, this was actually very easy to do but took a long time for me to figure it out, don't know if anyone else has figured this out yet but I have now. ;)

<div align='center'><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRWQZ-9Mj20&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

These two teams' away kits are already ingame(inside the data.gob) because when I select to play with one of them with their away kits the game loads normally...So its just a matter of replacing the away kits and mini kits with new ones.

So what do you guys think? :)[/b][/quote]
Whoa!!! I'd missed this!!!!
So how do you get the away kits to work??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (diego @ Oct 10 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Sep 14 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok kitmakers get ready to make away kits for Australia and Argentina :D .As seen below I've found a way to get these two teams to have away kits, this was actually very easy to do but took a long time for me to figure it out, don't know if anyone else has figured this out yet but I have now. ;)

<div align='center'><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRWQZ-9Mj20&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

These two teams' away kits are already ingame(inside the data.gob) because when I select to play with one of them with their away kits the game loads normally...So its just a matter of replacing the away kits and mini kits with new ones.

Whoa!!! I'd missed this!!!!
So how do you get the away kits to work??
[/b][/quote]

I did try to explain here below:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Sep 15 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Okay I will try my best to explain as Im currently away with work and don't have my pc.

Get the be2....xml file from the data.gob.open it with notepad.copy all the info from say Australia's line(index,string id,logo ect) and search for the 1st missing index number(think it is 37) and paste the info from Australia's line there and make sure that the index number is the missing one (37) and not the old (2) and make sure its activated.Then de-activate the old one,do not delete that line otherwise the game won't work.save it and place it in the rugby08 main folder.

By doing the above you will have created a "new" Australia team so it won't have the correct players in.Now you have to open the teams.csv file in woosaah's editor folder and add the info for the "new" Australian team in there and delete the info of the old team.save and exit and put the correct players in the team and there you go...

Hope you guys understand,will be able to give you a better tutorial when I get back at my pc again friday.[/b]

I apologise for being inactive, i am working very long shifts of 12-14hrs almost daily, so i have no time for modding at the moment. I will upload the currie cup and anz cup files this weekend for those who wanted them. I can't remember what state i left them in, but i think i made flags/crowd, kits (some just home) minikits and menu logos and it overwrites S14.

Ok, i'm back. Back for good!

Sounds like some breakthroughs have been made and a very exciting time for modding in general. I opened a thread to discuss this new patch and ideas for it.. i have my own ideas regarding rosters.

How far have we got with this project? I know Uli has been sidelined as he can't get his game to run at the moment. But i'm back, and i can do a majority of kits as i intended.. i started to do some this week, but although i was due to be off for 3 weeks, i have started my new job earlier, today like.. but i'll be done on the 18th and then i'll have some time.

I'm really excited by these developments for the new teams. Do we have the filenames? Also, thinking.. do you think we could add extra nationalities? I think you'd just have to edit the .fsh file, i'm sure it can be done.. the game would then i assume crash and assign a missing graphics filename?

Worth a look. Tunisia nearly made it this year and Chile would be interesting to have too.

I've gotten ShaheenJ to make us the kits and mini-kits for England Saxons and Emerging Boks, so those 2 teams are sorted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
do you think we could add extra nationalities?[/b]
By this you mean other International teams?

The Barbarians game against the All Blacks had me thinking, seeing that the BaaBaa's were almost entirely a made up of Southern Hemisphere players, would it be possible to make a Tri Nations XV (kinda like the BIL)? I can make the kit, but would it be possible to add another team? Unfortunately I'm not clued up with all the modding and stuff (prefer to stay on the graphics side of things :p)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ShaheenJ @ Dec 9 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Barbarians game against the All Blacks had me thinking, seeing that the BaaBaa's were almost entirely a made up of Southern Hemisphere players, would it be possible to make a Tri Nations XV (kinda like the BIL)? I can make the kit, but would it be possible to add another team? Unfortunately I'm not clued up with all the modding and stuff (prefer to stay on the graphics side of things :p)[/b]

Yes it will be possible to have like Tri-Nations XV team, we could maybe add Argentinian players also into the team to make it a IV-Nations team.

Evol made a Tri-Nations XV team kit for Rugby 06 a while back, take a look:
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/index.p...st&p=149496

If we're going to include Argentinian players, we would have to add the blue and maybe white of the Argentinian kit into the the kit...but thats up to you ShaheenJ...

Yeah, i mean add code into the .fsh files for national flags so you can add extra flags, but i'm not sure how we'd get the extra text in.

can you upload this mod with the right file names because when i load the mod the game crashes when i click on desktop plus i made a roster for it without the argentina players but here it is il post it later on my thread

I'm finishing up my modpacks, and also adding everything into the last version of MUP. So it has all the new graphics, my RWC front-end graphics (and related matchday and menu graphics) and i'm also adding the extra teams to my game too.

I would suggest we have a mix of the Top14, Currie Cup and ANZ Cup. Seeing as we can't have a proper competition for any of these, it's better to just have 10 from SH and maybe 10 in total from Top14.

I'd pick..

Perpignan
Stade Francais
Biarritz
Toulouse
Clermont
Montpellier
Toulon
Racing Metro
Castres
Brive

Also, we need to add the S14 teams. As MUP was set-up with TOP14 in the S14 group, we can keep this. Saves work. But I'd say we can ditch Connacht, Cornish Pirates, Bucuresti, Calvisano and Overmach Parma.

In my game now, i seem to have doubles of Connacht and Cornish Pirates.. so if they are not just the same team we can use those too.

As i said, we need all the GP teams, maybe 3-4 italian clubs, maybe 12 French sides, the Super14, plus 10 from Currie Cup and ANZ Cup. I think it's workable if we use Chile, Tunisia and maybe even Uruguay, who if they don't qualify for this RWC, i think we should ditch them and re-use them.

Also, two notes about the roster. To save room, lets just make a 'placeholder' player. We only need one. Then we can add him into the last 4 slots of teams who won't really have 30 players to use realistically.

And also, i'd suggest removing one of the nationalities and changing it to 'Rest of the World'. Good idea?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Sep 15 2009, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Well the only problem besides the roster is that the anthems don't play for either Australia or Argentina. Also, the home stadiums for both teams are wrong. I haven't tested how the tournaments respond to the new allotments, but probably they might crash or team-specific commentary won't be played for those 2 teams.

It's a great find nonetheless! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Dec 21 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As i said, we need all the GP teams, maybe 3-4 italian clubs, maybe 12 French sides, the Super14, plus 10 from Currie Cup and ANZ Cup. I think it's workable if we use Chile, Tunisia and maybe even Uruguay, who if they don't qualify for this RWC, i think we should ditch them and re-use them.[/b]
I think we need all GP teams, at least 12 French clubs (though all of Top14 would be better!), entire Super 14 and Connacht, Pacific Islanders, NZ Maori and Barbarians. I would also add 2-4 English Rugby Championship teams. The rest is optional to me  ;) Especially 10 sides from Currie Cup and ANZ Cup (on account of great Sanzar mod)

Guys, I've done a bit of hunting around with regards to new nationalities, specifically the two hidden national teams of Chile and Tunisia.

I think it's possible to have both of these teams ingame with their nationalities; however, i don't think the list of nationalities can go beyond that.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry289127

Apparently both Chile and Tunisia have allocated nationalities, but in Woosah's editor they are blotted out.

d446bcbba89f18b674a08319cd1a5e33.fsh

The above file contains the list of nationalities' flags, so if the relevant graphics and px files can be added to this fsh then maybe those two teams can be added ingame ;)

I've also found ball and banner files for Tunisia and Chile (656ec943b202c78da4d476382e5a049c.fsh in fact has a large wcb Tunisia flag)

Is there any way to add new players to the roster for these two teams?

Latest posts