• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New proposal to limit foreign players in SL

M

melon

If the players are good enough then they'll make it.

Professional Rugby League is a business. Simple as that. If club want to throw money at someone, then let them, regardless of they come from.

S

St Helens RLFC

Bring it on. Won't have too much of an impact on us. Some clubs will be screwed though.

D

Dirty Scrote

I don't think it will be the end of big name players in S.L. just that there will a majority of British players in all teams and thats how it should be.

M

melon

As I said in a previous post...It's a business, money is involved, therefore the business (in this case a SL club) should be able to throw their money at whoever they want and be able to play.

It's been a tradition for so long for players in the NRL that are nearing their last years in rugby league to go over to the SL and play a couple of easy seasons for a nice tidy sum of money for a more comfortable retirement.

Also, these days it's getting more popular by the day for a young player in Australia to head over to England, and that should be fully supported.

Stuff the traditionalists who want only english players.

G

goranski

stuff the traditionalists who think that it's a great tradition for Aussie players to retire playing SL - when they are only impeding the development of British talent who can help GB RL develop and grow - this pensioning off of Antipodeans needs to stop if the Lions ever want to win a series against Australia or NZ again one day, GB need long-term investment in their future to grow and secure the game - too much talent goes by the wayside with the one-last hurrah Aussies/Kiwis that are brought in - the current attitude and short-term investment of clubs needs rethinking - that and the length of the season.

M

melon

BAH i say! BAH! BAH! BAH! BAH! BAH! BAH! BAH!

It's the club's sole responsibility to chose whether or not they want to spend their money on a wonderful player from the NRL or an up and coming young talent from their home country.

If a club wants to buy an NRL player, LET THEM
If a club would rather nurture their young talent, SO BE IT

It's a business! It's the club's call!

S

St Helens RLFC

GB are disbanding Goranski. We're seperating into different countries after 2007 Tri Nations.

G

goranski

might as well - it never really was GB and Ireland - more like GB and Carney or England and Carney....

anyway you know what i'm talking about when i mention GB - it's Lancashire, Yorkshire and....err...Cumbria plus Harlequins.....

S

St Helens RLFC

I quite agree. GB and Ireland my foot, England, Cunningham and Carney it was....

S

St Helens RLFC

It depends. If they put the effort and resources in it will be a permanant fixture.

Latest posts