• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Scotland Coach

D

dundeesmiffy

Who do you think it will/want it to be?

Jake White is my dream choice, though I doubt he'll go for it.
I'd rather Andy Robinson stays at Edinburgh because he's doing a great job.

Well, Scotland need some injection of inspiration.. they have the talent, and i don't think Hadden gave that. Jake White could be an interesting choice, but i don't see any major contenders chomping at the bit to manage Scotland. I have always said that the most important thing in coaching is to instill confidence into your players, and i think guys like Declan Kidney have that about them. I don't think it's all about being a master tactician. I mean, you can have the best set-plays in the world, but if the players don't trust themselves to nail them.. then you end up with a team like Italy. Scotland have a great pack, and a good backline, but something is missing.. and i don't know if there is a coach who can provide that x-factor.

Martin Johnson with England is a point in case. He has no experience, just his playing experience, but the players play for him. I don't think Sciotland wanted to play for Hadden that much.

For the progress of Scottish rugby Andy Robinson could be the perfect choice. He is doing very well with Edinburgh and could continue it on into International rugby - but only if he is the only man in charge.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Apr 9 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For the progress of Scottish rugby Andy Robinson could be the perfect choice. He is doing very well with Edinburgh and could continue it on into International rugby - but only if he is the only man in charge.[/b]

I just don't think the players would be too pleased to have another foreigner in charge, it's the one job in international rugby where you feel only a Scot could have any manner of success.

This has to be one of the most difficult jobs in international sport. A team with a proud history of success against the odds only now with the extreme player shortage, the odds are even further stacked against them. The question is what do the SRU view to be success in todays game? Hadden didnt meet their standards and I thought he was a good guy. Do they lower their expectations?

Latest posts