• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Springbok jersey for Lions tour

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The new-look jersey will feature the King Protea on the left-hand side and the leaping springbok on the right, in line with a President's Council decision of December. The Springbok badge will be simplified with the dropping of the current device of a ball within a protea that is placed above the springbok.[/b]

http://www.rugbyheaven.co.nz/4826618a22363.html

I'm very happy with that. Amongst all the discussion of changing it to a Pretoria I think this made for a nice compromise.

Its for the best really. There was no way that the Springbok could have survived on its own..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Jan 23 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 23 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its for the best really. There was no way that the Springbok could have survived on its own..[/b]

How's that?

Just wondering..
[/b][/quote]
I think SARFU had there minds set on sticking the pretoria on the jersey. Once unions have an idea they rarely throw it out without some sort of implimentation.

So after all that it's... barely any different.

springbok_logo.gif
Bok-logo.jpg

Good old politics.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jan 23 2009, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Jan 23 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 23 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its for the best really. There was no way that the Springbok could have survived on its own..[/b]

How's that?

Just wondering..
[/b][/quote]
I think SARFU had there minds set on sticking the pretoria on the jersey. Once unions have an idea they rarely throw it out without some sort of implimentation.
[/b][/quote]
More like the politicians had their minds set on it.

BTW... Pretoria = a city in SA
Protea = the new sports emblem

Are they even still allowed to do it now that we know the Springbok Emblem is actually legally owned by Saru and not the goverment (or department of sport and recreation) ?

I think it's pure rubbish! Stupid ANC politics should have nothing to do with rugby! The Jersey has a rich and fantastic history and represents the progress SA has made. Blacks, whites, coloureds can all wear it proudly as many do.

610x.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaKine @ Feb 2 2009, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Jersey has a rich and fantastic history[/b]
You do know were talking about South Africa yeah, Apartheid etc?

This has already been discussed here

And as I said there: Surely 40 years under an Apartheid regime grants them the right to stick a fecking Hippo on the shirt if they want to (once it represents the majority of the population). Just because 15-20 years have passed doesnt make the past go away. Moving (not removing) the Bok emblem shouldnt cause any kind of reaction like this. Its the other politics that are causing the problem, this is more a symptom of the problem as opposed to the problem itself.

Good point Logorrhea, just sad to see our country still having to argue over the past

I think its an unnecesary change, the bok did not bother anyone for a long time, why the big deal all of a sudden?

Because politicians have to keep themselves busy, and that usually means random pc brigade-type bandwagoneering.

Latest posts