• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Stadium Design for The Pirates

Tavi Pirate

Academy Player
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Cornish Priates
Check out the stadium4cornwall website, which gives the design for the Pirates new stadium. If the sad Cornwall County Councillors had their way, this project would have been dead a long time ago, but the fight goes on, with the support of all rugby followers.

I'm all for Pirates to have a proper stadium, but I'm not the only one who's sick to death of hearing about the begging. "Please, build me a stadium coz I can't afford it". All rugby followers? No. Not even close.

Municipal stadia are ALWAYS a bad idea. Building a stadium and then giving it away is even worse. If they want it that bad, they should develop a sustainable business plan, put it in place then fund the damn thing themselves.

On a more positive note, it looks nice enough.

I'm all for Pirates to have a proper stadium, but I'm not the only one who's sick to death of hearing about the begging. "Please, build me a stadium coz I can't afford it". All rugby followers? No. Not even close.

Municipal stadia are ALWAYS a bad idea. Building a stadium and then giving it away is even worse. If they want it that bad, they should develop a sustainable business plan, put it in place then fund the damn thing themselves.

On a more positive note, it looks nice enough.

Easier said than done I'd imagine. Pirates are in an unfortunate position really. They hit a glass ceiling about four seasons ago in terms of what they can achieve with the resources at their disposal. They can't get to to Premiership without a larger revenue stream and they can't seem to get a larger revenue stream while playing in the championship. It's all well and good saying they should develop a sustainable business plan, but if it were that easy then every club in the top two tiers would have +10,000 seater stadia. Bath can't even get their own and they're one of the wealthiest clubs in English rugby.

Looks quality hopefully one day it becomes reality for pirates.

Latest posts