• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New to rugby games

tinpanalley

Academy Player
Looking around online, it seems the answer may already be self evident, but is there any kind of community that mods Rugby 08 anymore? It would seem with how good it is, that it would have a strong following still like other EA games from the period.
If not, is there a game that will get me an up to date Six Nations tournament with players and kits?
Thanks!

Looking around online, it seems the answer may already be self evident, but is there any kind of community that mods Rugby 08 anymore? It would seem with how good it is, that it would have a strong following still like other EA games from the period.
If not, is there a game that will get me an up to date Six Nations tournament with players and kits?
Thanks!
08 modding is at it's best atm, check it out on the EA rugby 08 forum.

TRF21 patch's out, TRF22 patch is currently a work in progress now. 2022 kits, stadiums and faces are also available for download.

TRF21 patch's out, TRF22 patch is currently a work in progress now. 2022 kits, stadiums and faces are also available for download.
Ok, I see what the problem is... the forum shows 10-15 links that go back several years but when you scroll down lower they're from more recently. Seems like the first page is out of order or something. So this is the TRF21 patch right?

Is there a site for this TRF patch anywhere? To get a sense of when a 22 might come out?

Thread 'TRF 21 Patch'
https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/trf-21-patch.47565/

Just follow the above page for updates about TRF22 release date.

You could also research the other forums to learn how to mod. That'll help you add and replace kits, stadiums and faces within the TRF21 patch. Are you familiar with photoshop, gimp and blender?

You could also research the other forums to learn how to mod. That'll help you add and replace kits, stadiums and faces within the TRF21 patch. Are you familiar with photoshop, gimp and blender?
Thanks so much for all the help.
When you say other forums, do you mean other rugby game forums? What are they?
Familiar with Photoshop yes. Blender, no. Also very good with audio editing.

Thread 'TRF Facebuilder Video Tutorial'
https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/trf-facebuilder-video-tutorial.47790/

My bad, Threads in forum EA rugby 08. The above link has multiple download links to tools you could use for modding.
Oh, I see, ok. I'm not likely to do any modding in Rugby. I dont know any players and I barely know the sport. Really starting to learn it more now because I work with some people who are really into it. I like it but I don't know nearly enough to know anything about what to mod.

Latest posts