• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New to the forwards... Advice needed! :D

M

MickMack3

I last played rugby union at school (about 15 years ago!!). I had not discovered the joys of alcohol back then, and was therefore a bit more fitter than i am today!

A couple of weeks ago I was roped into helping out a team a couple of mates play for, playing as flanker and really enjoyed it. HOWEVER...........i really didn't have much of a clue how to play with the forwards!! If anyone has any advice they could give me then that would be much appreciated!!

Ta.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MickMack3 @ Mar 14 2010, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I last played rugby union at school (about 15 years ago!!). I had not discovered the joys of alcohol back then, and was therefore a bit more fitter than i am today!

A couple of weeks ago I was roped into helping out a team a couple of mates play for, playing as flanker and really enjoyed it. HOWEVER...........i really didn't have much of a clue how to play with the forwards!! If anyone has any advice they could give me then that would be much appreciated!!

Ta.[/b]

Watch your favorite team play and watch what the flankers do then. Then do that in a game :D

Don't be a ruck watcher! But if a ruck is already formed without you be there ready to hit the next one. Don't try and hit every ruck cause you'll die of a heart attack. Don't try to get your hands on the ball too much. Be there to defend and clear rucks. If you do get your hands on the ball thats fine and do what you can with it but don't go out of your way to get it.

Latest posts