• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New University, New Start

G

Gavin

It's the start of another higher educational year and most people will be moving away from home into a new city, possibly in another country. Living in a small country (Northern Ireland) it is going to be a new change for me, as I've been accepted into the University of Kent in Canterbury to study Classical and Archaeological Studies.

I have never been to Canterbury, never been to Kent as well, and it is a nervous experience. My campus is situated outside Canterbury, it is a 20 minute walk into the center of town. The only Canterbury I had heard about was the Canterbury Crusaders.

Would anyone who knows the area, or has passed through the area, be able to give me information on the town and surrounding area, as well as good websites with information on it? It seemed more sense going to the people than tourist information on the area.

Any information would be helpful lads.

Thanks in advance.

I live about 40 mins from Canterbury, in Gravesend. It is a city, it's quite nice and plenty to do there. The Uni of Kent is very popular with foreign students and you can play all sports there from handball, basketball and much more. Canterbury is the leading region for sports in kent in general, with national league teams in volleyball, rugby and basketball.

The rugby club is in the national leagues in England i think, but i'm not sure which one. Canterbury is full of tourism as well, you will met endless random people from random countries! You will love it. It's cultural, vibrant and generally quite historic. Try this site, http://www.canterbury.co.uk/ You are also near the nice part of the Kent coast so you can go a dip. Herne bay and Whitstable are ok.

Oh, just watch out for ogres, trolls and demonic elves. When you enter canterbury, you have to get past the trolls first usually. Give them some herbs and potions and you'll be fine. As for the ogres you should be ok with a kaiser chiefs cd and the demonic elves like the freshly decapitated head of a goat. Other than that, all is normal.

I can't help you much with Canterbury, but good look with the new uni. I start my new uni, and a career in teaching, a week on monday. I hope everything is in place for you and it all goes smoothly.

Latest posts