• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New visitors to TRF

Rich Taff

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Cardiff
I must say I'm very impressed with a lot of the new visitors to the forums. Obviously there are a few exceptions, but some really good 'fresh faces' commenting.

Out of interest, what brought you here? (Apart from the WC).

When I came here, it was because I was fed up with the infantile posting on Yahoo rugby posts, and found this a far more constructive and informative site, with varying opinions and a lack of trolls.

Keep up the good work new guys (and gals), and hope you stick around.

Agreed it is nice to see the influx happen esp from nations that aren't as well represented on here.

Hopefully will stay for after WC.

When club seasons starts it gets very interesting as well have learnt a lot of other countries club players from this site.

I have been a lurker on here for quite a while and joined in 2012, (reasons for this I can't remember, most likely a solid run by the Stormers in Super rugby or Rugby Challenge). I have been very interested in the Rugby World Cup though and am in an office that isn't very rugby mad so I decided to start joining in on the conversations.

I enjoy hearing/reading other points of view. It never ceases to amaze me how, although the rules are quite clear and easily available to all of us, you put 4-5 nationalities on a table and you could end up with quite a few different interpretations of a play. I love it. Well not really, i hate it too. Let's just say i'm fascinated by that and i enjoy exchanging points of view.

I don't always will agree with what other people think (think one or two might have noticed that about me already), but i will certainly be interested in what they have to say.

................... It never ceases to amaze me how, although the rules are quite clear and easily available to all of us, you put 4-5 nationalities on a table and you could end up with quite a few different interpretations of a play...........

So what chance does a ref have as those people, with their different views and interpretations, believe that he is dead wrong, inept or even (and this is the crazy thing) biased!!

Enjoy the Forum.......................

So what chance does a ref have as those people, with their different views and interpretations, believe that he is dead wrong, inept or even (and this is the crazy thing) biased!!

Enjoy the Forum.......................
Well, they tend to know the rules more accurately and are probably familiar with most interpretations, so they can explain why they pick one over another and more often than not, pinpoint if there is a mistake in our understanding.

And most importantly, I don't need to agree with his interpretation. All i need is to be able to understand his interpretation and for him to be consistent.

tumblr_lye4d8xP271qg2vwko1_500.gif

I'm not really "new" but i am posting under a new forum name. I just love rugby. Ever since i was a kid. My dad took me and my brother to provincial games when we were very little, and just absolutely loved it.

I was looking for a forum to chat about this marvelous game.

Hello, I'm ManusXavi a Highlanders fan. I love football and rugby. I loved going to the Super Rugby final this year in wellington. I have been browsing this forum for a while and for some reason have only decided to join now. Being a football fan I am a common feature on FC Barcelona's Barcaforum and have even made quite a few posts on the rugby section in there.
I'm not sure how frequently I will post on here but am pleased to have joined. Thanks ;)

Hello, I'm ManusXavi a Highlanders fan. I love football and rugby. I loved going to the Super Rugby final this year in wellington. I have been browsing this forum for a while and for some reason have only decided to join now. Being a football fan I am a common feature on FC Barcelona's Barcaforum and have even made quite a few posts on the rugby section in there.
I'm not sure how frequently I will post on here but am pleased to have joined. Thanks ;)

Hi ManusXavi, welcome into the light...

Hi,

I am RonnieRhino, I mainly play Rugby League but converted to Union two years ago and decided that Union is okay haha. I support Leeds Rhinos and Bath.

I thought I'd job the forum to see other people views and will try to post as often as I can.

I joined yesterday when I was searching on Google rugby related things. I clicked on a help thread and it appeared to be on some sort of Rugby Forum. I have a liking to forums and a liking to rugby so I thought 'why not sign up?. That's basically how I'm here.

I joined yesterday when I was searching on Google rugby related things. I clicked on a help thread and it appeared to be on some sort of Rugby Forum. I have a liking to forums and a liking to rugby so I thought 'why not sign up?. That's basically how I'm here.

welcome :)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I am RonnieRhino, I mainly play Rugby League but converted to Union two years ago and decided that Union is okay haha. I support Leeds Rhinos and Bath.

I thought I'd job the forum to see other people views and will try to post as often as I can.

Good for you........just don't talk sh..t and you'll be fine

I'm here because of the loss to Arg in the RC. I was not pleased with the rugby "debriefing" the pundits gave, and was quite nervous and wanted to see what people were saying about the team and players/management. I looked at many forums, but settled here for one reason; on this forum everyone has their bias, teams and corners of thought, but still can applaud the skill/class of the "enemy" so to speak. In short, instead of flinging flag-wrapped pooh at eachother, you guys discuss what all of us are here for - RUGBY! and its many various facets. Atleast that's been my impression so far. So thanks TRF for giving us this platform to enjoy the game, you guys are doing better than the rest

Latest posts