• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand 2007 Rebel Sport Super 14 Squads announced

N

NZL Fan

The 2007 Rebel Sport Super 14 squads are as follows (from allblacks.com):

¹ indicates new Rebel Sport Super 14 player.
² indicates returning Super 14 player.
³ indicates draft player.

Blues: John Afoa (Auckland), Ben Atiga (Auckland), Sam Biddles ¹ ³ (Waikato), Anthony Boric (North Harbour), Daniel Braid (Auckland), Justin Collins (Auckland), Steve Devine (Auckland), Troy Flavell (Auckland), David Gibson (Auckland), Chris Heard ¹ (Auckland), David Holwell (Northland) Doug Howlett (Auckland), Jerome Kaino ² (Auckland), Luke McAlister (North Harbour), Angus Macdonald (Auckland), Keven Mealamu (Auckland), Isa Nacewa (Auckland), George Pisi (North Harbour), Greg Rawlinson (North Harbour), Josevata Rokocoko (Auckland), James Somerset ¹ (Auckland), Saimone Taumoepeau (Auckland), Isaia Toeava (Auckland), Onosa’i Tololima-Auva’a ¹ (Auckland), Anthony Tuitavake (North Harbour), Sam Tuitupou (Auckland), Nick White (Auckland), Ali Williams (Auckland), Nick Williams (North Harbour), Derren Witcombe ² (Auckland), Tony Woodcock (North Harbour), Rudi Wulf ² (North Harbour).

Chiefs: Sosene Anesi (Waikato), Steven Bates (Waikato), Ben Castle (Bay of Plenty), Simms Davison (Bay of Plenty), Aled de Malmanche ¹ (Waikato), Stephen Donald (Waikato), Jono Gibbes (Waikato), Marty Holah (Waikato), Richard Kahui ¹ (Waikato), Byron Kelleher (Waikato), Roy Kinikinilau (Waikato), Tanerau Latimer (Bay of Plenty), Sione Lauaki (Waikato), Tasesa Lavea ³ (Auckland), Brendon Leonard ¹ (Waikato), Toby Lynn ¹ (Waikato), Lelia Masaga (Counties Manukau),
Liam Messam (Waikato), Malili Muliaina (Waikato), Jamie Nutbrown (Bay of Plenty), Kristian Ormsby (Counties Manukau), Keith Robinson ² (Waikato), Sitiveni Sivivatu (Waikato), Dwayne Sweeney ¹ (Waikato), Niva Ta’auso (Counties Manukau), Anthony Tahana (Bay of Plenty), Tane Tu’ipulotu ³ (Wellington), Craig West ¹ (Waikato), Nathan White (Waikato), Murray Williams ¹ (Bay of Plenty), Tom Willis (Waikato).

Hurricanes: Luke Andrews (Wellington), Jerry Collins (Wellington), Jason Eaton (Taranaki), Tamati Ellison (Wellington), Lome Fa’atau (Wellington), Tim Fairbrother (Wellington), Hosea Gear (Wellington), Jimmy Gopperth (Wellington), Hayden Hopgood ¹ ³ (Canterbury), Andrew Hore (Taranaki), Cory Jane ¹ (Wellington), Tone Kopelani ³ (Canterbury), Nili Latu ³ (Bay of Plenty), Serge Lilo ¹ (Wellington), Chris Masoe (Wellington), Alby Mathewson ¹ (Wellington), Bradley Mika ³ (Auckland),
Ma’a Nonu (Wellington), Shannon Paku (Wellington), Tony Penn ² (Taranaki),
John Schwalger (Wellington), Mahonri Schwalger ² (Wellington), Conrad Smith (Wellington), David Smith ¹ ³ (Auckland), Chris Smylie ³ (Otago), Rodney So’oialo (Wellington), Blair Stewart ¹ ³ (Southland), Neemia Tialata (Wellington), Paul ***o (Taranaki), Hayden Triggs ¹ (Manawatu), Tana Umaga (Wellington), Bernie Upton (Wellington), Thomas Waldrom (Wellington), Piri Weepu (Wellington).

Crusaders: Tim Bateman ¹ (Canterbury), Stephen Brett ¹ (Canterbury), Daniel Carter (Canterbury), Wyatt Crockett (Canterbury), Andy Ellis (Canterbury), Ross Filipo ³ (Wellington), Corey Flynn (Canterbury), Ben Franks (Canterbury), Rico Gear (Tasman), Scott Hamilton (Canterbury), Chris Jack (Tasman), Campbell Johnstone (Canterbury), Casey Laulala (Canterbury), Johnny Leo’o (Canterbury), Richie McCaw (Canterbury), Leon MacDonald (Canterbury), Aaron Mauger (Canterbury), Ben May ¹ (Tasman), Peter Nixon ¹ (Canterbury), Kevin O’Neill (Canterbury), Jake Paringatai ¹ ³ (Northland), Michael Paterson ¹ (Canterbury), Ti’i Paulo ¹ (Canterbury), Tusi Pisi ¹ ³ (North Harbour), Jonathon Poff ¹ (Tasman), Caleb Ralph (Canterbury), Kieran Read ¹ (Canterbury), Isaac Ross ¹ (Canterbury), Kevin Senio (Canterbury), Greg Somerville (Canterbury), Reuben Thorne (Canterbury), Rua Tipoki (Canterbury), Mose Tuiali’i (Canterbury), Brent Ward ³ (Auckland), Paul Williams (Canterbury).

Highlanders: Aaron Bancroft ¹ (Otago), Josh Blackie (Otago), Callum Bruce (Otago), Keith Cameron ¹ (Otago), Craig Clare ¹ (Otago), Jimmy Cowan (Southland), Clarke Dermody (Southland), Nick Evans (Otago), David Hall ¹ (Southland), Carl Hayman (Otago), Charlie Hore ¹ (Otago), Glen Horton ² (Otago), Jason Kawau ¹ (Southland), Chris King (Otago), Filipo Levi (Otago), Jason Macdonald (Otago), Hoani MacDonald (Southland), Jamie Mackintosh ¹ (Southland), Toby Morland ¹ (Otago), Lucky Mulipola ¹ ³ (Tasman), Craig Newby (Otago), Anton Oliver (Otago), James Ryan (Otago), Matt Saunders (Otago), Alando Soakai ¹ (Otago), Ezra Taylor ¹ (Otago), Kane Thompson ¹ (Southland), Hale T-Pole (Southland), Viliame Waqaseduadua ³ (North Harbour), Greg Zampach ¹ (Otago).

The number of players from each province is as follows: Northland (2), North Harbour (10), Auckland (26), Counties Manukau (3), Waikato (21), Bay of Plenty (7), Taranaki (4), Manawatu (1), Wellington (24), Tasman (5), Canterbury (29), Otago (21) and Southland (9).

What? tusi pisi and brent ward? theyre mud. Guess its only a one off for WC year...hopefully. Parigatai looks to be a good draft pick for us, he was solid behind a struggling northland he should shine with the crusaders.
Good to see the blues selectors still dont recognize real talent when they have it opting to go for the overrated rudi wulf and george pisi and letting slip thru david smith and vili waqaseduadua the two most electrifying wings in this years AirNZcup.

Yeah can't believe we let David Smith go, however that is more then made up for by releasing Lavea to the Chiefs :D :bana: :bravo: :p

Yeah can't believe we let David Smith go, however that is more then made up for by releasing Lavea to the Chiefs :D :bana: :bravo: :p
[/b]

hmmm i guess thats what happens when you have an aussie as the coach haha we dont need ockers tellin us how to play rugby! he doesnt even know how to spot the talent in this country until its gone...the sooner hes gone the better i say.

<div class='quotemain'>
has tupoki signed for the canterbury npc team as well? or should that say north harbour not canterbury

i am guessing you "stole" that from

http://www.allblacks.com/index.cfm?layout=...ewsArticle=5011

:)
[/b]

hmmm that does look interesting, maybe hes on a one year contract for next year while canterburys ABs are at the WC? If thats the case he will miss harbours shield defense and become part of the canterbury team that wins it back haha
[/b][/quote]

This story came out last week. Tipoki was told early that the Blues didn't want him so he talked to Robbie Deans who agreed to take him. Tipoki has fully transferred to the Canterbury province, but I believe the deal allows Canterbury to "loan" Tipoki back to North Harbour come NPC time.

I think it has something to do with an injury "exemption' Tipoki has which forced the Blues to include him in their 2006 squad even though he wasn't wanted.

By transfering properly to another province this doesn't become an issue.

oh yes i remember that, the blues wanted toeava but tipoki was picked coz of that exemption thing or whatever.

Wow two draft flankers Hopgood and Latu in the Canes over Herring and Waldrom. Are those two injured or simply not rated anymore?

I think I heard somewhere that Herring wasn't picked because of arthritis in the knees. Whether this is actually the case or not I can't confirm, but that's what I've heard.

david smith is the future...his combo with conrad,umaga or nonu will develop his talent to become one of the most devasting backline players in the game...barrin injury that is,which he is prone alot too...im happy to see him go and play with the likes of umaga,sooialo,smith...hes gonna come back to auckland npc next year much much better

Glad to see 8 Stags in Highlanders (best representation from a non super 14 super power). Blair Stewart now a Hurricane too :D

why the hell did they let tipoki go?!?! they should have let toeava be an under study to him! thank gooodness we got rid of tasesa lavea and replaced him with holwell

For Sale.

1x Used 1st5 8, used condition, has trouble starting and in need of major repair. Suit buyer with tolerant attitude who does not desire high levels of performance, answers to the name Lavea.

Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkk, why would you buy that usless prick? am very tempted to send the Waikato Rugby Union his bus fair back to Auckland.

Latest posts