• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand 22 - France 27

P

Prestwick

http://www.scrum.com/newzealand/rugby/story/98146.html

Well now, this definitely slipped in under the radar. I was wondering why everything had suddenly gone quiet from our New Zealand friends ;)

From a French mate who saw the game..in Madrid of all places:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Maybe the New Zealand press was right: it was probably the worst All Black team ever...
Totally inexistant in first half, all the points they scored were "kindly" given by Frenchs.
In the second half, they kind of woke up, but still weren't that brillant. French defense was good, but both attacks were bad. It wasn't a very nice match.

What's happening to New Zealand?
Even if there weren't the best players, one year ago NZ was famous for having two or maybe three potential teams...
It can't be only this reason. There was no fighting spirit, no inspiration, nothing.
Hope they'll wake up soon: Tri Nations' arriving.[/b]

Ehh, I'll post this again.

Fantastic game! Excellent win for France.

Was hoping to see a bit more of Nonu and Bastareaud though.

All Blacks - Mils,Weepu and Jane looked class, Donald and Toeava looked average.

France - Fantastic team effort,Medard was MoM for adding the touch of class.

One of the most indecisive all black teams i have ever seen. Well done France, they were certainly the better team, but really, NZ were awful. Rugby was not the winner on the day.

Leonard
Mathewson
Ellis
Carter
Kahui
Smith
Sivivatu
Wulf
Macintosh
Afoa
Boric
Williams
McCaw
Rodders
Waldrom
Kaino

List of injured players according to ACT Crusader on the Silverfern... you could make a full starting 15 (except for Hooker) out of that which would knock both teams off the park tonight.

Hope someone punt's Donald out of the stadium, Nonu was non-existant except for the try and Adam Thompson was average, the next person who calls Read a future All Black captain will get shanked in the f***ing throat with a sharpend toothbrush, Kaino is the superior player every day of the week. Jane had a good game though, Rocokoko was looking hungry again and Mils is still the best in the World.

McAlister/Nonu/Smith should be the inside combonation next week, hopefully reinforcements arrive from that list above.

Yes the All Blacks were very disappointing tonight, they lacked hugely in aggression and intensity. The French were very determined and controlled the game well. Dusautoir, Ouedraogo and Picamoles dominated our back row who were virtually non-existent. I thought Thomson and Messam (bar his try scoring efforts) both had shithouse games, Reid didn't do anything wrong really but he did f*** all in terms of brilliance.

Our scrum was average and France capitalized, although they did get a few lucky calls due the ref's incompetence who gave **** calls either way, especially the one on Dusautiour's "late tackle" on Stephen Donald which gave us a penalty.

This game exposed that we badly need Richie McCaw and Rodney So'oialo back, and also Dan Carter back at 10 because Donald is absolutely f***ing clueless. He doesn't have the vision to free up our backs the way Carter does. The ball hardly moved through our backline tonight which is one of our strengths.

No complaints about the French team at all, they all generally played very well. Trinh Duc looks very comfortable at 10 playing outside Dupuy which is promising.

As for us, Muliaina and Jane were the only real standouts.

Did anyone else notice the AB's fans throwing cans and bottles at the french players at the end of the game?

the ref wasn't too flash either completely cracked under the pressure. well played by france great defence and played a lot of the match down the other end of the field. stephen donald was very poor at 10 didn't really offer any direction around the field. I think there definitely will be changes in the all blacks lineup for the next test and I think the french may make a couple too.

Whoa, well done France. They've done it again... Granted New Zealand's side was pretty weak. o_O

That'll be the French defensive performance that won the game?
fishing-smiley.gif

smiley_whistle.gif

Yes there were injuries (although in the case of Carter, he's been ushered off to play provisional rugby because they don't want him to go straight back into International test rugby so soon after recovery so technically he isn't injured) but wasn't this a team which had so much strength in depth that they could have fielded as much as three XVs in confidence?

There has to be something more to this than simple disruption due to injuries.

I think the French performance shows the ruthless and brutal nature of the French Top 14 where any sign of weakness is jumped on and savaged brutally by the better team. Something which other leagues both north and south of the equator could learn from.

P.s Donald had another of his "Munster" games again..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jun 13 2009, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
One of the most indecisive all black teams i have ever seen. Well done France, they were certainly the better team, but really, NZ were awful. Rugby was not the winner on the day.[/b]

Why not? I didn't watch the game but in these kind of games you'd expect New Zealand to win easily at home. I can't see how New Zealand losing is a bad thing for rugby, well done to France for sparking some life international footy and so called meaningless friendlys.

Shh Dale, I think its been so long since the NH has won down there that the Boks seem to think the system is:

Ok, we go up there and we play competetive rugby. You come down here and just get tonked by us, ja?[/b]

I think SARU are going to send strongly worded letters to the FFR complaining about this disgusting breach of the test match "rules" :D

Oy, oy, oy..France winning in New Zealand, ey? This really is a bad day for rugby, ja?[/b]

The French just completely outplayed the ABs tonight in about every asset of the game i thought. That loose trio doesn't work and the french dominated the breakdown area, they were structured and organised compared to the All Blacks, perhaps one of the worst performances i've seen.

Donald was rather ****... he did not know what to do about the rush D from France and his kicking was way off. Who's there to bring in the 10 shirt? i don't think McAlister will do good in the 10 shirt because he is a 12 kinda guy. Weepu for the 10 shirt? :p Messam wasn't too bad but i expect Latimer to start next week.

The thing is, the french can and should get better because their top players will return. However the way that team played tonight, it will hard for the selection panel to change too much really. The ABs should have a couple players returning from injury but they need to do a lot of work to catch up to this french team.

All Blacks... fail

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 13 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Shh Dale, I think its been so long since the NH has won down there that the Boks seem to think the system is:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Ok, we go up there and we play competetive rugby. You come down here and just get tonked by us, ja?[/b]

I think SARU are going to send strongly worded letters to the FFR complaining about this disgusting breach of the test match "rules" :D

Oy, oy, oy..France winning in New Zealand, ey? This really is a bad day for rugby, ja?[/b]
[/b][/quote]

:lol:

Ok rugby was the winner, now that I think of how the French controlled the game while the AB's were tying themselves in knots. French fullback's tactical kicking was outstanding from what I saw.

Still, the AB's seemed to play with no fire or heart as if this were a warm up game against the Ivory Coast. I'm not saying France didn't deserve to win though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 13 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Well now, this definitely slipped in under the radar. I was wondering why everything had suddenly gone quiet from our New Zealand friends ;)

Maybe the New Zealand press was right: it was probably the worst All Black team ever...
Totally inexistant in first half, all the points they scored were "kindly" given by Frenchs.
In the second half, they kind of woke up, but still weren't that brillant. French defense was good, but both attacks were bad. It wasn't a very nice match.

Even if there weren't the best players, one year ago NZ was famous for having two or maybe three potential teams...
It can't be only this reason. There was no fighting spirit, no inspiration, nothing.
[/b][/quote]

Heh New Zealand lost match and everyone is silent about that

That is national rugby interests guarding immo

amazing, the way how to conserve your great rugby image :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 13 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 13 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

amazing, the way how to conserve your great rugby image :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

I'm sorry I don't have a clue what you are saying. Everyone's silent about that? **** I'm on my imaginary forum once again...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 13 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 13 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 13 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I'm sorry I don't have a clue what you are saying. Everyone's silent about that? **** I'm on my imaginary forum once again...
[/b][/quote]

come out of imaginations just by clicking the Link in the first post of this topic

there you will find what we are talking about

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 13 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 13 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 13 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

come out of imaginations just by clicking the Link in the first post of this topic

there you will find what we are talking about
[/b][/quote]

Nope, still don't get it sorry

Latest posts